PDA

View Full Version : My suggestions :)


konidias
08-06-2002, 03:48 AM
Here is a suggestion I plan on using for Oasis:

If a player is in your vicinity that is of a higher level then you, perhaps an exclamation point will appear above their head. like a big red "!". So that you know you're up against a stronger opponent. It would be a nice thing for 2k2.

Also, a "violent" system. Basically if a player attacks another player, they are labeled "violent" and the "violent" flag won't go away until the player stops attacking for 2 minutes. While the player is "violent" they cannot heal, they cannot eat, and perhaps, they can't save or go into water.

The violent flag wouldn't take effect if the player was hit within a 10 second period of time or something.


Now on to some other gameplay suggestions... There should be more random events. Random events are a great way to keep people wanting to play. For example, when mining, perhaps on a rare occasion, you could mine some rare item.. like a dagger, healing item, artifact, etc. When collecting water, on rare occasions, you could find some item in the water.. like a note/scroll in a bottle, or something.

Another random thing, could be mining a "dirty mineral". Basically you would mine what looks to be a rock. When you water it, the dirt would wash away, revealing a random mineral. This could be fun because players could sell dirty minerals to others like "grab bag" items. The player might get a good mineral, or they might not. Would be neat.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-06-2002, 04:39 AM
Haha, those are great!

I especially like the dirty mineral. It would be neat if you had to wash them off or something, although it would get annoying after a while (especially if you were in a hurry) it makes the gameplay more realistic.

The "!" is also a good idea, and this way at least you can run from people if you don't want to get PK'ed.

The only thing I don't like about violent mode is that if there is a big battle going on between two kingdoms, and they start attacking, then what's going to happen? Is everyone going to be violent? In that case, it would be a big hassle.

konidias
08-06-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Haha, those are great!

I especially like the dirty mineral. It would be neat if you had to wash them off or something, although it would get annoying after a while (especially if you were in a hurry) it makes the gameplay more realistic.

The "!" is also a good idea, and this way at least you can run from people if you don't want to get PK'ed.

The only thing I don't like about violent mode is that if there is a big battle going on between two kingdoms, and they start attacking, then what's going to happen? Is everyone going to be violent? In that case, it would be a big hassle.

As for kingdom things.. I would imagine they have some other system planned. Obviously kingdom battles using the current system would be stupid because who wants to roleplay and battle in a kingdom war when they lose tons of experience and stats in the process? If you fought in a war, by the time it was over, your character would be slow, weak, and ugly.

BlKnight
08-06-2002, 05:11 AM
I don;t like the violent idea. It will screw up fights and I really don't see what magical force prevents people from eating, healing, or going into water when they attack someone. Also i don't want to see super lomg names everywhere 9I am sure 90% of everyone would have the violent tag).

konidias
08-06-2002, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
I don;t like the violent idea. It will screw up fights and I really don't see what magical force prevents people from eating, healing, or going into water when they attack someone. Also i don't want to see super lomg names everywhere 9I am sure 90% of everyone would have the violent tag).

I said "flag" not "tag". They wouldn't have a tag. The "magical force" that prevents them from eating/healing, could be "the gods". I think you just dislike it because you want penalty free killing, which is totally not a good idea on a supposedly RP server. :(

Not only is killing penalty free, but pkers GAIN experience from player kills. It's like encouraging playerkilling, and I find that discouraging.

BlKnight
08-06-2002, 05:59 AM
That's why "the gods" prevent you from using a weapon at all within town limits. However once you leave town limits you are on your own to be marauded by pking warriors and sneaky thiefs.

mikepg
08-06-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by BlKnight
That's why "the gods" prevent you from using a weapon at all within town limits. However once you leave town limits you are on your own to be marauded by pking warriors and sneaky thiefs.

umm....what town are you talking about? I get pked everywhere :-(


As for the Violent thing...it should be like 10 minutes...because it takes 2 minutes to walk from Palm to ...that town with the bell (can't think of the name right now).

and the red ! above your head, should get bigger and bigger as PKers approach you.

CheeToS2
08-06-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by mikepg
and the red ! above your head, should get bigger and bigger as PKers approach you.
He means the ! will show up over the opponents head.. not your own.

MilkyWay0016
08-09-2002, 01:53 AM
Those a great ideas, espically the random events. Hehe, if you worship a god (even if you arn't a preist you should have a designated 'god') every so often then should bless you or something.... if you have a kindess god (Brid. for example) Every so often if you give an item to another player of something for free you could get blessed..... I'm not sure :/

but it would be cool to have npc players playing also that walk around and stuff. They can kinda be random events, like if your walking around a bunch of baddies are attacking an npc, if you kill the baddies the npc will give you a little present ;) That would be cool as a random event.....

aylad
08-09-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2

He means the ! will show up over the opponents head.. not your own.

Maybe the ! should get bigger and bigger with the opponent's level, or with how often they PK, or something.