PDA

View Full Version : New Skills Weapons Etc.

BlKnight
08-05-2002, 10:38 PM
-Skills-
Stealth: As long as you keep under a certain weight limit, you move without making any sounds and leaving no footprints. (Good for people who need to sneak up onothers like theifs and assassins and possibly dishonourable warriors, availible to all classes).

Apply Poison: You can apply basic poisons to food and small weapons. The more potent the poison the less a chance of sucess there is. (Availible strictly to assassins).

Nightvision: When the night becomes completly dark, people with this skill can see a tiny bit striaght ahead without the need of a torch.

Jump: Allows you to jump of certain low fences to access areas quicker.

Explorer: A vauable skill, to use, say the proper name of a town or city (even one you have never been to) and a red arrow will point to in the direction that is closest to it at the time.

-Weapon-
Ninji Combat Blade: A thin, sharp, and meduim length dagger. It takes 1 blade 4 iron 2 gold 1 diamond to craft. When compelted it is used like a dagger, except it does 4 damage. Also, as a special feature, if this weapon is used behind the target, directly behind, this weapon does 12 damage.

(I thought a special weapon would be better than a specific skill for backstabbing).

-Other-
A new storyline about a high priest who banished all sharp edged weapons from being held in the town of Palamonia. Like before in no weapon zones you get send outside city limits (where control of the ghost of the high priest ends. Help solve pking problems in starting town.

konidias
08-06-2002, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight

-Weapon-
Ninji Combat Blade: A thin, sharp, and meduim length dagger. It takes 1 blade 4 iron 2 gold 1 diamond to craft. When compelted it is used like a dagger, except it does 4 damage. Also, as a special feature, if this weapon is used behind the target, directly behind, this weapon does 12 damage.

(I thought a special weapon would be better than a specific skill for backstabbing).
No no no no no no no. Backstabbing is the most ANNOYING thing ever. It's bad enough when people come up behind you in the mines and start attacking you while you are peacefully mining. You're just adding fuel to the flames by adding some backstabbing weapon that does even MORE damage. :(

Evil_Lord_Sparda
09-02-2002, 03:43 PM
they cant attack you when u r peacefully mining now, because of /peaceful.

MasterNuke
09-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
-Skills-
Stealth: As long as you keep under a certain weight limit, you move without making any sounds and leaving no footprints. (Good for people who need to sneak up onothers like theifs and assassins and possibly dishonourable warriors, availible to all classes).

Apply Poison: You can apply basic poisons to food and small weapons. The more potent the poison the less a chance of sucess there is. (Availible strictly to assassins).

Nightvision: When the night becomes completly dark, people with this skill can see a tiny bit striaght ahead without the need of a torch.

Jump: Allows you to jump of certain low fences to access areas quicker.

Explorer: A vauable skill, to use, say the proper name of a town or city (even one you have never been to) and a red arrow will point to in the direction that is closest to it at the time.

-Weapon-

-Other-
A new storyline about a high priest who banished all sharp edged weapons from being held in the town of Palamonia. Like before in no weapon zones you get send outside city limits (where control of the ghost of the high priest ends. Help solve pking problems in starting town.

Stealth... It should be a Thief skill... and availiable for about the same price as literacy in shops in scroll form...

Apply Poison... I think Thiefs and Barbarians should get this... but not to start with... maybe at lev 4? This sort of combat can bring down a person with a slow agonizing death with many stats lost.

Nightvision... I'm sure its been thought of already... I believe Stefan hasn't released day/night cuz of lag reasons.

Jumping... hmm... they already have the skill made... it just doesn't do much... and why does it have to be a skill? it could just be a natural thing that anyone can do

Explorer... nah... seems pointless... people need to find the towns or be shown them physically...

Ninja Combat Blade... no.

I think thieves should get an attack speed bonus and attack bonus when using dagger class weapons... Also maybe a damage bonus like... 1+(char level/3) rounded down.

LiL_NightFall
09-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Nuke dividing the level by 3 is too much. You would have to be level 3 just to get +1. There would be bo point in having the bonus.

MasterNuke
09-03-2002, 07:38 AM
im dividing by 3 because when the day that people can become higher than level 10 comes...

aylad
09-04-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by LiL_NightFall
Nuke dividing the level by 3 is too much. You would have to be level 3 just to get +1. There would be bo point in having the bonus.

That means you've gotta be a good thief. What do you mean there's no point? You've gotta work and earn exp to be a good thief, right? When you do, you get a reward.

New skill: Mapmaker
When used, this skill makes a simple low-color .gif map of all the areas you've explored. You can sell the map to a map shop, which will then sell the same map to other players.

When you buy a map, your bigmap updates to include the new info (but you have to actually explore to change the new areas from low-color to fully detailed).

middo
09-07-2002, 11:11 AM
Speaking of classes
I think warriors should get some more benifits
we are stuck here, hoping to restart with a good scroll.
all these other clases get stuff like
stealing
magic
alchemy
and warriors are stuck with crappy basics, maybe you could make it so that a warrior on a horse has more skill on a horse.
ON THE SUBJECT OF SCROLLS.
i think its real dumb how u need scrolls to do things
in real life you jsut need a tutor,
we should just have an NPC, it may cost a ton ((like 2000 plat per lesson)) but he would teach you
thats oen of my concerns about horses
that we would need like, a horsery skill.

-Holy, im on fire tonight! the whole suggestion lobby is taken up by me

MasterNuke
09-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Who knows... there might be a future use of the oratory skill....

middo
09-07-2002, 11:23 AM
Hopefully
that would be nice.
X_X
maybe you would start off with a tiny bit of each skill
and (except for wizardry and a few other things)
and you jsut keep practicing to get better.
like i would posess the knowledge of bowyer
but i might screw up my bow a few times.
but after some practice i would slowly gain levels.
and if you have the scroll, you learn ALL of it at one time and cant make any mistakes.

MasterNuke
09-07-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by middo
Hopefully
that would be nice.
X_X
maybe you would start off with a tiny bit of each skill
and (except for wizardry and a few other things)
and you jsut keep practicing to get better.
like i would posess the knowledge of bowyer
but i might screw up my bow a few times.
but after some practice i would slowly gain levels.
and if you have the scroll, you learn ALL of it at one time and cant make any mistakes.

There have to be limits tho... People have enough free time to take advantage of something like that and be like some demi-god like char... if you know how the exp system works...

middo
09-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Woah, i didnt consider that.
Hmmm.
maybe like, there would be a balance,
if you learn 2 points of one skill, you lose one point on the others
so it would be a slow rising
but non would be totally full,
something like that