PDA

View Full Version : First Draft for Kingdoms/ Town

unixmad
08-05-2002, 09:22 PM
Kingdoms / Towns

Kingdom Hierarchy

- King/Queen can do everything except be inducted. That has to be done by a GM.
- Princes can do everything a King can except fire the King or induct a Duke.
- Dukes can induct/remove Captains.
- A Captain can set and view the Jail lists as well as the Guard lists.

Taxes for towns ruled by the kingdom

- Taxes are calculated each town cycle as well as on a per transaction basis.
- Tax rate determines how much of each merchants' gold goes into the town coffers.
- Tax Rate increases the cost of all items sold by NPC Vendors in town. The tax amount goes into the town coffers.
- Tax Rate decreases the price of all items bought by NPC Vendors as the player selling the item must pay the tax to the town coffers.

Upkeep

- Upkeep is calculated every town cycle. Its value depends on what guards have been hired and how much they cost each cycle to maintain.

Taxes & Upkeep

- Upkeep is subtracted from Taxes every cycle.
- If the upkeep is greater than taxes for a cycle, the extra amount is taken out of the town coffers.
- If the town coffers run out of gold, guards are released in the order they were hired until the upkeep can be paid for that cycle.

Town Vault

- The town vault is available for use by anyone of rank Guardsman or above in the given town.

Guards
- Guards require an initial purchase cost and an upkeep cost every town cycle.
- When a guard is released, 25% of their initial cost goes back into the town coffers. *This only occurs when the guard is released by a player, and not when the guard is released due to upkeep costs being greater than the town coffers.
- Guards will port back to their post if they are outside their patrol range for too long. - Guards do not respawn if killed, you must hire another!

Jail
- A guard will attack the criminal. Guards will wrestle the opponent till they are at 50% health, if they still haven't jailed the opponent, they will arm their weapons.
- At each hit, the guard will make a random test vs. player STR and if successful, the player will be thrown in jail for the time specified by the town ruler (5-30 min), town ruler will have to pay the guards more if the time is high.
- You can bribe the jailor to let you out early. Price will vary according to how much time is left. Cost depends on how much time you have left.
- Jail time only passes while you are online, if you go offline, the timer is paused.
- Bribe money goes to the town coffers.
- Once released from jail, you will be removed from the Jail list.
- If you escape, and are jailed the 2nd time, your jail time will be doubled. If you escape, you remain on the Jail list.

Jail List
- You are put on the Jail list if you perform any illegal activity in town or harm any citizens.
- You may add Kingdom to the Jail list.

Immunity List
- People on the immunity list are just that, allowed to do anything they please in town without being harassed by guards.

Town Commands (must be Captain)

COMMANDS DESCRIPTION
/criminalflag Able to set/unset the criminal flag on anyone in your town.
/jailrelease Release someone from jail prematurely.

Town Commands (anyone)

COMMANDS DESCRIPTION
/bribe guard Bribe the guard to let you out early, if you have the gold on you

Guard Verbal Commands

COMMANDS DESCRIPTION
/guard The guard will respond to a call for help. Anyone in town.
/guard post Forces the guard to return to his post.
/guard stand down Forces the guard to stand down and stop combat
/guard follow me Causes the guard to follow you.
/guard patrol here Causes the guard to make that spot their post.
/guard kill Causes the guard to attack someone.

MilkyWay0016
08-05-2002, 09:42 PM
:cool: very cool, it seems to me like each kingdom will need a lot of members to fully work :D And who has immunity? the royal family + ambassadors, or just ambassadors, or just the king, or what?

brock128
08-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Bribing is bad.
Take it out.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-06-2002, 12:56 AM
Wow, that's fantastic!

I'm really going to enjoy the entire kingdom system and how it works :)

ldhfd
08-06-2002, 01:21 AM
when is all this gonna be released?

gloop
08-06-2002, 01:32 AM
I doubt people will even have the time to do much :( the food consumption takes up most of my time as it is leaving very little time for fun.
(Tiki let me borrow his forum acct much <3) -KA

konidias
08-06-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by gloop
I doubt people will even have the time to do much :( the food consumption takes up most of my time as it is leaving very little time for fun.
(Tiki let me borrow his forum acct much <3) -KA

There should be special kingdom food that can be purchased with the kingdom money or whatever. Or perhaps water that adds +10/20 in the kingdom or something.

magicbud3344
08-06-2002, 05:15 AM
good lord this sounds fun X'D

Demention
08-06-2002, 07:55 AM
Hey, this is slp, heh suprised i dont know if you knew this was my acount x.x, i just came to say that ill be happy to discuse idea's with you 2 again like when i worked there, cause i have some, but i am still thinking of better thing ways or things then what i have come up with, if you guys still need help im here. ill probly post some of my idea's later but right now im working on other things :) heheh. i saw that post unix about NewWorld, i know what im going to do, and also for GBA heh :). Well i just wanted to say that ill help + im going to post some idea's later once i figure out the best way/thing to do for it.

well see ya.

TheFrozenFiend
08-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Sounds good.

AlexH
08-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Sounds great.
Can't wait till its up.

brock128
08-07-2002, 03:07 AM
The food issue: Bread gives you a wooping 250 food.

...Why not corn?

ldhfd
08-07-2002, 08:56 AM
are the guards npc or human?

ALUCARDPSX
08-08-2002, 03:40 PM
good point about the food problem....yea i'd be to busy getting food to worry about getting in trouble as of 10 minutes im dying of hunger

MilkyWay0016
08-09-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by ALUCARDPSX
good point about the food problem....yea i'd be to busy getting food to worry about getting in trouble as of 10 minutes im dying of hunger

Food isn't that bad, I mean I'd like it lowed but just keep some water and bread on you and when you get down to around 400 drink/eat it. It only takes less than 5 minutes to get like 100water, which is 500 life right there. If your so concerned, become a preist and worship Bile, you won't have to eat pretty much ever

Discharge
08-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Well hey, its not all gimme gimme. The kingdom has to pay its soldiers and the people need jobs to be able to affored items they need. One of my little ideas, is that people/merchants should have little shops and sell items. Adventures should go out and look for rare items and sell it to the marchents who will then sell that item for a higher price in there shops in a kingom.

cloudstrifevii
08-24-2002, 06:08 AM
well it sounds good but the first week or so there will be tons of npc server crashes and glitches ;)

Torankusu
08-24-2002, 08:23 AM
sounds like a strategy game with a twist. :\

cloudstrifevii
08-28-2002, 05:07 AM
2k2 provides a better enviorment to RP in

fifi-nono
08-31-2002, 12:51 PM
i don't really care about my food until... because i'm always stocked with chicken, thats why i walk slow alot...

LiL_NightFall
08-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Hopefully there will be enough room in the streets of Dustari for player carts/stands so we can sell our wares. :)

Jobs are a must since platinum is really equal to the value of silver at the moment. I say that because items that should be cheap go into the thousands when the economy hasn't even had a chance to grow...it's destroying itself under it's own weight before it started.

I love all the ideas so far, but I hope that there will be enough official kingom jobs to go around, even though there should be more commoners than officials. I just think everyone should have a chance.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
08-31-2002, 07:47 PM
Have the other ranks like Princes, dukes and Captains been chosen yet?

Kinatt
01-21-2003, 06:49 PM
I like it very much but I think as well as npcs being guards players in the kingdom should be hired as guards and do the same thing as the npcs and commands work the same only it would be better roleplay!

Kaiser2
02-16-2003, 02:16 AM
I like the idea...and all Kingdoms should have stores on them, like Main, except only members of the kingdom can access it, along with allies of the kingdom, and the king can restock the store anytime he wishes :D it'll make more people want to join kingdoms...and maybe make it so each kingdom sells different types of items, one can sell spells, another amulets, another weapons, another rings, and another armor...it'd cause kingdoms to want to create peace...you know, even I think my ideas suck... :rolleyes:

MASTERCOLA
11-10-2003, 02:08 AM
im loving these ideas ^^

Lance
11-10-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by MASTERCOLA
im loving these ideas ^^

You're just a bit (9 months) late. -_-

GoZelda
11-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Does it matter? Nothing has been released and it's stickied too.