PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Stats and EXP from dying should be...

ChocoboGrn
08-04-2002, 08:48 PM
Okay, obviously by now, everyone has realized how ANNOYING dying is. Loss of about 1/4 of your exp from each catagory of skills and a loss of a random stat...

I suggest that we change this slightly.

-First of all, you will have two choices when you die, anyone who played Ultima Online will probably know what I'm talking about.

1) Revive with full HP and SP, but with the current stat loss and exp loss, however, you revive right next to where you died. Doubtful anyone will really do this, but then again, no one did in UO either...

2) Revive in a bed, full HP and SP, with temporary stat loss in one random stat. As for the EXP loss, you can CHOOSE what catagory of EXP you want to lose. Currently, there's Mentality, Agility, Personality, Physique, Wisdom, and Magic. (As far as I know) However, obviously some people would repeatedly choose an unused catagory, like personality. So, you can not choose a catagory twice in a row, and for whatever catagory you DO choose, you lose 1/4-1/10 of the exp (random.) Now, this will give an advantage to those who work only on one skill while giving a disadvantage to multi-classers.
So, whats your opinion? Good/bad?

MysticHasteP2P_2
08-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Sounds pretty good, The loss of EXP is **** annoying I lost my level from it so I quit playing 2k2 :-/

konidias
08-04-2002, 10:17 PM
The loss of experience thing is taken directly from a MUD. I hate it and it doesn't work with 2k2. The loss of experience should be cut in half, and also, it really sucks to lose stats... If there was some way to gain them back, or prevent their loss (besides not dying) I would love it.

ChocoboGrn
08-04-2002, 10:37 PM
There IS currently a way to gain back lost stats, drink a potion of life. Only 700 platinum coins at an alchemy store near you. :megaeek:

-Albus
08-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Maybe once you die you can talk to a healer to get some stat points back or maybe exp.

konidias
08-05-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by ChocoboGrn
There IS currently a way to gain back lost stats, drink a potion of life. Only 700 platinum coins at an alchemy store near you. :megaeek:

Haha, that is insane.. I think I would rather lose 1 stat and some experience than SEVEN HUNDRED PLATINUM. :rolleyes:

ChocoboGrn
08-05-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by konidias

Haha, that is insane.. I think I would rather lose 1 stat and some experience than SEVEN HUNDRED PLATINUM. :rolleyes:

True, but what if you died 10 times? Maybe you get all those stats back with just one potion.