PDA

View Full Version : I'll be damned...

ghostsamurai
08-03-2002, 04:39 AM
Neonight:

if I'm upgrading again. I saved up some money to upgrade Neonight, and I just went on Graal2002. It's horrible. The levels and everything's great. It's the people who make it idiotic. I see a mass from Angel saying something about the war between Stefan and unixmad or something. I figure it's Roleplaying. That's fine with me and all, but people with "Demons of Hell" or something go into every single place to PK. Here I am, dying over and over because they keep attacking the people who are on the bed. Vash was a victim of it, too. :\ Now it takes me literally 30 seconds to walk across a room. (If you haven't figured out, this is one of my rare complaint threads.)

Now I seriously doubt anything's going to be done, so I'm not upgrading. Once Reliko dies, then I'm sure Brad won't upgrade it, so I'm gone. :\ I'll still be on 2k1 though. :D

Sir_Gareth
08-03-2002, 04:43 AM
Thats why I dont play Graal2002, and was waiting for NewWorld :(

ghostsamurai
08-03-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Gareth

Neonight:

If I could get ahold of Lyndzey.... :(

Sir_Gareth
08-03-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by ghostsamurai

Neonight:

If I could get ahold of Lyndzey.... :(
Why is that?

ghostsamurai
08-03-2002, 04:48 AM

Why is that?

Neonight:

I just need to talk to her... I'm trying to get a team together and convince unixmad to let us help on New World. :(

Jeff, Jagen, and I are willing. I'm sure Lyndzey would if she isn't busy. Kaimetsu said no. :(

Amagius
08-03-2002, 04:51 AM
I'd help but I am not the sharpest block at Scripting. I could Level Design but still, definitely not the best.

Kuza
08-03-2002, 05:05 AM
I'd help with NW.

I mean, me and Exo Knight built RW. I'm sure NW would be a synch. :rolleyes:

Er1c
08-03-2002, 05:56 AM
I'm trying to get a team together and convince unixmad to let us help on New World.I applied to work at New World a while ago... but I pissed off Lycia on IRC so she deleted my application :p

Griffyn
08-03-2002, 06:04 AM
*DAMNS U*

Shiftk03-
08-03-2002, 07:54 AM

Neonight:

I just need to talk to her... I'm trying to get a team together and convince unixmad to let us help on New World. :(

Jeff, Jagen, and I are willing. I'm sure Lyndzey would if she isn't busy. Kaimetsu said no. :(

I could help but to tell you the truth I wouldn't touch NW with a 99 foot pole...I have my reasons...I'll stick to the C++ and GScripting projects I have.

PS: I'm pretty sure you can find your signature embroidered on a t-shirt;)

Ghost Pirate
08-03-2002, 07:54 AM
To me NewWorld is like dead monkey. It doesn't seem that Unixmad cares about it to much anymore

Googi
08-03-2002, 08:01 AM
2K2 is good except for crashes and PKers, but most PKers leave me alone (except some Coldflare guy) cause my regen rate is higher then hell.

Kaimetsu
08-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Er1c
I applied to work at New World a while ago... but I pissed off Lycia on IRC so she deleted my application :p

I don't think that's the full story.

adam
08-03-2002, 11:59 PM

Actually I really like G2k2. I play it "when it works"

I am still waiting for New World though. But I really will play both. Unless of course New World blows me away and I just can't stop playing it. ;-)

screen_name
08-04-2002, 02:49 AM
I hate the PKing on 2002.

I was running around today, getting me some EXP, and some idiot, I believe ColdFlare came up and killed me out of the blue.

He said b/c I had high EXP and that I need to watch my back.

It's just so *** that I had to spend hours of my time getting exp and then some idiot comes up and takes a lot of it in 15 seconds just because I have lots of it.

He should have to work for it just like everyone else.

AlexH
08-04-2002, 02:56 AM
You shouldn't lose exp when killed by players and shouldn't gain exp when killing players.
That way PKing wouldn't be such a problem.

ghostsamurai
08-04-2002, 03:14 AM
Neonight:

I'm trying this again, but npcserver keeps crashing. :(

This one kid (I think his name was Shaggy) is stalking me and keeps trying to PK me unless I give him my phone number. What the hell?

AlexH
08-04-2002, 03:15 AM
Coldflare is the worst for it.

Sir_Gareth
08-04-2002, 03:34 AM
I will help with levels.

ghostsamurai
08-04-2002, 03:36 AM
Neonight:

Apparently you all don't understand. I'm not picking people out of a crowd. I'm picking people who I know are good with scripting and level-making.

Lyndzey is good with levels and scripting.
Jagen and Jeff are good with scripting.
I'm good with levels and scripting, but not as good as the above when it comes to scripting.

I wish Kyle would help. :(

mikepg
08-04-2002, 04:07 AM
yes, they need to make all crafting areas (not the mines though) and all levels with beds nonpk zones.

It sucks, everytime I log in, i get killed atleast 4 times while the screen loads, and then a few more. Most of the time, it's confused noobs, so i hunt them down, and kill them until they have 2 max hp, lol. It's soooo annoying though.

And all of the spells are WAY too strong! You shouldn't be able to hurt players that are 2-3 levels lower than you, if you use a spell, otherwise, people just walking in a level, use invoke, and kill everyone.

And all the pkers cheat! They use swords and hold s to jab across the water, and attack swimmers (the only refuge mind you).

Also, another thing! People cheat by editing the GMap in their favor, so they can get rid of most of the water, and pk people swimming! It sucks :-(

Other than PKers, the game is fun.

adam
08-04-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by mikepg
yes, they need to make all crafting areas (not the mines though) and all levels with beds nonpk zones.

It sucks, everytime I log in, i get killed atleast 4 times while the screen loads, and then a few more. Most of the time, it's confused noobs, so i hunt them down, and kill them until they have 2 max hp, lol. It's soooo annoying though.

And all of the spells are WAY too strong! You shouldn't be able to hurt players that are 2-3 levels lower than you, if you use a spell, otherwise, people just walking in a level, use invoke, and kill everyone.

And all the pkers cheat! They use swords and hold s to jab across the water, and attack swimmers (the only refuge mind you).

Also, another thing! People cheat by editing the GMap in their favor, so they can get rid of most of the water, and pk people swimming! It sucks :-(

Other than PKers, the game is fun.

Hi thanks for telling all the PKers how to kill the people in the water. Bai

mikepg
08-04-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by adam

Hi thanks for telling all the PKers how to kill the people in the water. Bai

erm....if you didn't already know of this, then you shouldn't consider yourself a PKer, you should consider your self a foolish newcomer.

adam
08-04-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by mikepg

erm....if you didn't already know of this, then you shouldn't consider yourself a PKer, you should consider your self a foolish newcomer.

I don't consider myself a PKer

and you just speed graduated all the foolish newcomers to pkers.

mikepg
08-04-2002, 06:26 AM
bleh, foolish new comers that try to PK are inturn, pked themselves.

ghostsamurai
08-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Judge_Spunky

Why are you trying to convince Unixmad? It's not like he does anything for NewWorld.

Neonight:

So he doesn't give out those scripts and we don't see them on Andor/Enigma 5 minutes after.

King_Arthur_Elven
08-04-2002, 09:23 AM
Who on "our guild" pked you?
IM pretty sure it wasnt me since i dont pk.
And if a person did pk with that tag im very very sorry :(
But i promise you soon PKing will be alot more rare since PK Punishment will be released and trust me people wont want to pk after that =P.
I MAY be putting in a thing so people cant restart more than X ammount of times
Is that a good idea?
if yes what should X equal?

adam
08-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by King_Arthur_Elven
Who on "our guild" pked you?
IM pretty sure it wasnt me since i dont pk.
And if a person did pk with that tag im very very sorry :(
But i promise you soon PKing will be alot more rare since PK Punishment will be released and trust me people wont want to pk after that =P.
I MAY be putting in a thing so people cant restart more than X ammount of times
Is that a good idea?
if yes what should X equal?

The only reason I would restart is becouse I've died so many times my stats suck..... :-/

Every 10 times you die you should be able to restart if you want to. heh. Then again...... If they wanted to restart they wouldn't mind dying.... darn...