PDA

View Full Version : Mining vs. Farming?

Googi
08-03-2002, 03:55 AM
Today I was farming (Mostly so I could have food when the potatoes weren't feeling generous.)

Anyways, after getting my bread, I noticed that for three bread (I had a lot of bread, so if my calculation here is somewhat off, forgive me). You would get 1 platinum, 4 silver.

Of course, since you can grow A LOT more then 3 corn at once, the payoff is of course a lot more.

However, there is also the problem of a PKer showing up (Although that happens in mines to), or someone to steal your corn.

So, mining or farming?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-03-2002, 05:35 AM
Until there is a guaranteed place where you can purchase food (a restuarant or a store) it's farming.

ChocoboGrn
08-03-2002, 05:48 AM
Farming takes a lot longer than mining and it requires a lot more material, so it SHOULD be better, once you get the shovel, the seeds, the scythe, the watering can, the coal, the breadstack, the axe to get to wood to get the boards to MAKE the breadstack...

Erm, anyway...Bread only weighs 3.5 kgs and refills 250 hunger! Come on! Its the best food you can get and you can normally sell it to a player for 2 platinum each. :D

AlexH
08-03-2002, 05:50 AM
Farming.
It just requires a little patience.
Also it provides both food and a source of money. :)

Hiker
08-03-2002, 06:06 AM
Even though I don't farm, I think its probally a better way to earn money. It will be much better if they had farmhands that would attack pker's. It would be nice to have them KOS (kill on site) to pker's as well.