PDA

View Full Version : Automapping feature

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-02-2002, 11:50 PM
One of the things that bothers me about automapping is how you walk through large fields or by the seashore and everything gets mapped out, but, when you log off and come back on later I find out there are large big black spaces in places where I have already walked on my map! So, I walk over them again to map it out, log back on later, and the big black gapes are still there. I'm not talking about small little strips of black, I don't really care, but these black spots are almost a level in size and it gets quite annoying.

Does anyone know what's the cause of this?

Borstelmann
08-03-2002, 07:07 AM
:(

Hiker
08-03-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
One of the things that bothers me about automapping is how you walk through large fields or by the seashore and everything gets mapped out, but, when you log off and come back on later I find out there are large big black spaces in places where I have already walked on my map! So, I walk over them again to map it out, log back on later, and the big black gapes are still there. I'm not talking about small little strips of black, I don't really care, but these black spots are almost a level in size and it gets quite annoying.

Does anyone know what's the cause of this?
Not sure. I have the same problem. I think there's a bug in the auto mapping. Btw, I found a scroll called "Magic Mapping."
Why would we need one of those? I wonder if they might shut down auto map on 2k2 so you have to learn how to map.

ChocoboGrn
08-03-2002, 08:26 AM
::shrug::
Maybe the scroll of magic mapping maps everything in a radius of X screens from you.

Use a few instead of running around the entire place...or you can use it to map out a dungeon floor automatically without exploring it when it comes in. :D

Hiker
08-03-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ChocoboGrn
::shrug::
Maybe the scroll of magic mapping maps everything in a radius of X screens from you.

Use a few instead of running around the entire place...or you can use it to map out a dungeon floor automatically without exploring it when it comes in. :D
Maybe. I didn't buy the scroll. I found it in Bogneria's shop.