PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and New features for August

unixmad
08-02-2002, 09:38 AM
Stefan come back from Vacations next week, he will fix bugs that I have not fixed (mostly client side bugs)

Could be good to write in this thread bugs you have discovered, if this bug is what I call a exploit (For example if you can make 1000 gold in 1 second please send me the bug by private message)

I am working on fixing the bugs with bags, I think most of the server crashes are because of this bug, if you don't want to loose your items don't use bag right now.

Next week We will release:

* A new weapon for casting spells (Priest or Wizard)
* All the features that will make priest working
* Anti Pk system ( if you kill someone you will loose Charisma, but if you kill someone because you defend yourself you will not loose Charisma) , since most items in shop will be based on your Charisma will be harder for Pk to buy stuff from NPC or ask informations to NPC...

In August we plan to release

* Spell Books ( will make casting spell easy)
* Dungeons with more powerful monsters, traps, magical doors, secrets Ö
* Bows, Crossbows
* New game interface with multiple Graphical window
* Kingdoms (new islands for each kingdom)
* Boats

Kuza
08-02-2002, 09:41 AM
KINGDOM ISLANDS! SCORE.

Could you please fix the GuildCP though? It's down and tags cannot be updated without it working properly.

-Albus
08-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Great, 2k2 is getting better ;). Now just make sure the NPC server doesn't crash so much, and if you're reading this, please put Providence's NPC-server back up :)

HideMisery
08-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Woru:

Sounds good. I really hope the server stops crashing so often.

What I dont like is the anti - PK system ;( i like the way it is now

magicbud3344
08-02-2002, 09:47 AM
blarg how do you use a scroll i read teh scroll of cause flu then it said geno read the scroll and that was it? how do i sue the spell?

DarkPyro_2001
08-02-2002, 10:29 AM
>I may consider actually playing G2k2, if the NPCserver won't crash every 5 minutes. :o

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-02-2002, 10:48 AM
Whoo! Kingdoms isles baby!

unixmad
08-02-2002, 11:11 AM
We are working on G2K2 since 1 year, do you really think we can correct all bugs in a few days ?

And G2K2 NPC server don't crash all 5 minutes, it crash 2 time a day and it go to crashing only 1 time a day now !

It's down sometimes for hours because we need to catch bugs and me or Stefan need to be there to trace the bug, and probably like you we need to sleep.

But like I said previously it will have been possible for us to do a closed Alpha testing with only a few players, all Online game do like that, they start with 6 months of closed Alpha testing with only developers and a few players, then Beta testing with limited number of players ( 6 months more) then opening to public with bugs ( 6 months to 1 year) Ö

Then donít complain because we have decided to open Graal to everyone on the first stages of testing, if you donít like crash or bugs then donít play on G2K2.

Isnít it interesting to be able to say in the future that you have been one of the first players to play on G2K2 or have been someone that help to debug the game / give ideas

Originally posted by DarkPyro_2001
>I may consider actually playing G2k2, if the NPCserver won't crash every 5 minutes. :o

Googi
08-02-2002, 11:16 AM
YESH! ICE ARROWS!!!

x_x, Please don't make us need diamond dust though, since diamonds are so hard to get now.

konidias
08-02-2002, 11:21 AM
I have a question... do you ever intend on smoothing out the land on paths and in towns? I can't stand the way the 3D terrain is used, because it's not really realistic. A town sitting on a million little bumpy hills just doesn't exist. It's hard trying to fight on the bumpy terrain also. I just wish the terrain was a little less bumpy. (yes I know the world should be bumpy in SOME areas, but not everywhere)

Also, I don't know if there is a way already, but can you make the inventory toggle? It would just be a little easier if you don't have to hold down the Q button the entire time I think.

edit: nevermind, I realised you could click the player to open the menu. :) There definitely needs to be an instruction guide of some sort for 2k2, because it's become quite complex.

Mman
08-02-2002, 11:25 AM
THANK YOU FOR ANTI PK SYSTEM.

Finally Pkers will lose stats as well as who they kill.

Another good anti PK measure would be to make it so killing players doesn't give EXP.

screen_name
08-02-2002, 12:08 PM
a bug i have found

i believe this is how it works

if i enter the game while the npc server is down (on an inside level), and come back when its up, i cant leave that room/level

which sucks, b/c most of the times its when im on a bed far off on the main island, and i have to use unstick me

also, while im stuck in the level, i cant pick up items :)

konidias
08-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Okay, I just stumbled into a HORRIBLE bug. I closed Graal while on the main island around monsters, and apparently my player didn't disconnect until after the monsters had killed it, because I woke up at my restart point with 3000 less experience.

It's apparent that my player did not disappear after I logged off. Which is EXTREMELY annoying.

DeathChill
08-02-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by konidias
Okay, I just stumbled into a HORRIBLE bug. I closed Graal while on the main island around monsters, and apparently my player didn't disconnect until after the monsters had killed it, because I woke up at my restart point with 3000 less experience.

It's apparent that my player did not disappear after I logged off. Which is EXTREMELY annoying. or you didn't save? ;)

konidias
08-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Oh, and for crying out loud, change the experience loss! Here I am at level 4 with like 9000 experience, I die ONCE, and I'm down to 5000. That is the most annoying pain in the rear thing I have ever seen.

I can't imagine getting up to level 10 and then dying.. you would be dropping like 25000 experience. The worst part is that experience is mega hard to gain when you get into high levels, so losing that much of it just makes you want to never play on the server again.

screen_name
08-02-2002, 12:59 PM

It's apparent that my player did not disappear after I logged off. Which is EXTREMELY annoying.
this is true, it takes likes 5-10 seconds before your character actually disconnects, which during this time you can be killed

i had two windows open to see, and i closed one i was hitting him with the other account and killed him, i logged back on and sure enough, i was in bed :)

GryffonDurime
08-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Yay! We Priest can cast our spells! Don't suppose you'll release a little information about the Cults we can join? Might I suggest a Temple of Mytri?

screen_name
08-02-2002, 01:27 PM
i still wanna use my alchemy skill Xx :)

also, i would like to be able to finally cast my small lightning without dying ;)

konidias
08-02-2002, 05:12 PM
Bah, I have completely given up on 2k2 for now. I was getting all into it, but then I go through all this crap within 8 hours and it just pisses me off to no end.

I can't disconnect in a public place, or around enemies, because my player stays there after I leave, and gets killed.. I have basically lost 3 days worth of stat gaining. This is so stupid that it's unbelievable. Unixmad if you don't fix this soon, I don't think anyone is going to be playing.

I only PRAY you fix this before 2k2 is out of testing stage. :(

adam
08-02-2002, 07:33 PM
Bah, I have completely given up on 2k2 for now. I was getting all into it, but then I go through all this crap within 8 hours and it just pisses me off to no end.

I can't disconnect in a public place, or around enemies, because my player stays there after I leave, and gets killed.. I have basically lost 3 days worth of stat gaining. This is so stupid that it's unbelievable. Unixmad if you don't fix this soon, I don't think anyone is going to be playing.

Im sure people will still be playing despite this >.<
Unix just make a logoff command that makes you invincible while your logging off. that'll take care of the logging of problem.

adam
08-02-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by unixmad
We are working on G2K2 since 1 year, do you really think we can correct all bugs in a few days ?

And G2K2 NPC server don't crash all 5 minutes, it crash 2 time a day and it go to crashing only 1 time a day now !

It's down sometimes for hours because we need to catch bugs and me or Stefan need to be there to trace the bug, and probably like you we need to sleep.

But like I said previously it will have been possible for us to do a closed Alpha testing with only a few players, all Online game do like that, they start with 6 months of closed Alpha testing with only developers and a few players, then Beta testing with limited number of players ( 6 months more) then opening to public with bugs ( 6 months to 1 year) Ö

Then donít complain because we have decided to open Graal to everyone on the first stages of testing, if you donít like crash or bugs then donít play on G2K2.

Isnít it interesting to be able to say in the future that you have been one of the first players to play on G2K2 or have been someone that help to debug the game / give ideas

Hmm... 1 year working on g2k2.... not on Dserver for 1 years... *puts 2 and 2 together*

Despite all that. I do love G2k2. You did a good job with it, I am certain it will only get better.

unixmad
08-02-2002, 08:08 PM
I completly disagree with that, it's 2 easy to just disconnect when you have problems, for exemple you start fighting with someone then when you are like dead you just disconnect and wait the other guy to give up !

There is a way to leave in real time, it's bed, then go back to a house or inn a disconnect you will have no risks.

Unix.

adam
08-02-2002, 08:18 PM
I completly disagree with that, it's 2 easy to just disconnect when you have problems, for exemple you start fighting with someone then when you are like dead you just disconnect and wait the other guy to give up !

There is a way to leave in real time, it's bed, then go back to a house or inn a disconnect you will have no risks.

Unix.

This is good to know. This is all I really wanted.

archaonTCN
08-02-2002, 08:35 PM

Unix.
That's the way it should be. :)

AlexH
08-02-2002, 08:39 PM
So if we are in a bed and disconnect we will go away from the game then but if we arn't in a bed it will keep us where we disconnect for a few seconds?

konidias
08-02-2002, 09:09 PM

Unix.

Well this is just another thing that would be helpful to know before people start playing. That is why I suggested making like a rulebook/guide. But you don't think losing so much experience when you die is a bad thing? I know there needs to be penalties for being killed but it's a little extreme to lose so much experience.

By the way, sorry for sounding like a big jerk, but it just really sucked to lose all that experience because of something that was happening that I was unaware about. It's like being robbed in a way.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Yeah, the disconnecting wait time is a good thing. If you're having an RP event and your goal is to kill a certain person, once they see you, they disconnect, but this gives you free time to slash away at them offline. Then you win :p

Mman
08-03-2002, 01:08 AM

Well this is just another thing that would be helpful to know before people start playing. That is why I suggested making like a rulebook/guide. But you don't think losing so much experience when you die is a bad thing? I know there needs to be penalties for being killed but it's a little extreme to lose so much experience.

By the way, sorry for sounding like a big jerk, but it just really sucked to lose all that experience because of something that was happening that I was unaware about. It's like being robbed in a way.

Losing EXP isn't so bad, one of your stats going down when you die, that is.

adam
08-03-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Mman

The amount of EXP you lose should be much less....

You should slowly regain your stats over a long period of time after you die.

konidias
08-03-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Mman

True, I mean if you lose stats and you're like level 5, your stats are worse than people that just started playing, which is ridiculous.

I really hope there is a better system worked out for deaths soon.. This is an alpha so I can tolerate this kind of thing, but if it's in the final version, I'm going to be a sad Konidias. :(

ChocoboGrn
08-03-2002, 04:43 AM
The stats you start out with don't go up as you level, except for HP, SP, and Grace...so you're stats are always equal or worse to those who just start out.

To reach level 10, you need 525000 exp. For level 11, you need 900000 exp...
If you die, you lose 1/5 of your EXP, meaning if you die, you can lose nearly 200,000 exp...thats enough to get to level 6.

Oh, and you CAN gain back all your stats you lose from dying with a potion of life (I think, I heard this somewhere, not sure why I remember it though...)

They cost about 600 platinum (once identifed with the alchemy skill) at a store. They are normally purple...I don't think many people have that much money though.

ldhfd
08-03-2002, 06:06 AM
release armors.I know it's finish cause the staffs are wearing them

Er1c
08-03-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by ldhfd
release armors.I know it's finish cause the staffs are wearing them Those are just graphics. The armor is not finished.

Hiker
08-03-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Er1c
Those are just graphics. The armor is not finished.
You guys like to make a fashion statement and look cool. :p

konidias
08-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by ChocoboGrn
The stats you start out with don't go up as you level, except for HP, SP, and Grace...so you're stats are always equal or worse to those who just start out.

To reach level 10, you need 525000 exp. For level 11, you need 900000 exp...
If you die, you lose 1/5 of your EXP, meaning if you die, you can lose nearly 200,000 exp...thats enough to get to level 6.

Oh, and you CAN gain back all your stats you lose from dying with a potion of life (I think, I heard this somewhere, not sure why I remember it though...)

They cost about 600 platinum (once identifed with the alchemy skill) at a store. They are normally purple...I don't think many people have that much money though.

No no no, experience needed doubles every time. You need 2000exp to get to level 2, so....

Level 2 -> 2000
Level 3 -> 4000
Level 4 -> 8000
Level 5 -> 16000
Level 6 -> 32000
Level 7 -> 64000
Level 8 -> 128000
Level 9 -> 256000
Level 10 -> 512000

Now lets see, the current monsters pretty much give off less than 10 experience a piece at level 5. (that are all over the main island) That would mean you would need to kill 1,600 enemies roughly, to reach level 6. Not to mention each level you gain, the exp gained from an enemy goes down. :( Eventually you would have to kill 50,000+ monsters just to gain a level. Oh, and did I forget to mention that you can't DIE??

With all that said, some player gets to level 10, goes to unstick me, and his modem dies. Thus leaving his body completely open for attack. He is killed, and loses an ungodly amount of experience. It's like an uphill battle with big jagged rocks falling down it that keep hitting you in the head. I know it should be difficult to level up, but this is just ridiculous. No one would ever reach level 50 in their lifetime.

konidias
08-03-2002, 08:15 AM
lol, and if my calculations are correct (that you lose 1/3 of your experience when you die) If you got killed at level 10, you would lose 170667 experience points.

DragonX2
08-03-2002, 08:17 AM
Level 2 -> 2000
Level 3 -> 4000
Level 4 -> 8000
Level 5 -> 16000
Level 6 -> 32000
Level 7 -> 64000
Level 8 -> 125000
Level 9 -> 250000
Level 10 -> 512000

Atleast I think so anyway.
Also, yes, it does take a VERY long time to level up if you are high in level and that will be changed eventually. For now though, you must survive and fight monsters which is kind of annoying since you are fighting and suddenly you die of hunger when you didn't even notice. I wish the speed of losing hunger was slowed down, even if it were a little bit.

ChocoboGrn
08-03-2002, 08:17 AM

No no no, experience needed doubles every time. You need 2000exp to get to level 2, so....

Uh, I should know...I reached it. I used a bug that I reported to Er1c before he fixed it and I was just fooling around...
I restarted on my own when i reached level 10.
I was level 7 when they reset me again apparently for "bug abuse" of the bug I reported. -_-

Oh, to clear that up, I'm currently level 1 again.

Anyway, it takes 525,000 EXP for level 10 and 900,000 EXP for level 11.

You can always ask Er1c if you don't believe me. He's level 10 for the same reason i was reset. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Er1c
08-03-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ChocoboGrn

Uh, I should know...I reached it. I used a bug that reported to Er1c before he fixed it and I was just fooling around...
I restarted on my own when i reached level 10.
I was level 7 when they reset me again apparently for "bug abuse" of the bug I reported. -_-

Oh, to clear that up, I'm currently level 1 again.

Anyway, it takes 525,000 EXP for level 10 and 900,000 EXP for level 11.

You can always ask Er1c if you don't believe me. He's level 10 for the same reason i was reset. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Correct, 900,000 EXP for level 11.

ALUCARDPSX
08-05-2002, 01:18 PM
I told you about that on graal Chocobo :P

ChocoboGrn
08-05-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ALUCARDPSX
I told you about that on graal Chocobo :P
Told me what?

ALUCARDPSX
08-06-2002, 02:30 AM
the potion of life thing

ChocoboGrn
08-07-2002, 01:01 AM
I don't remember you telling me that...unless you have a different name.

Locke_boy
08-25-2002, 12:04 AM
Oh, and for crying out loud, change the experience loss! Here I am at level 4 with like 9000 experience, I die ONCE, and I'm down to 5000. That is the most annoying pain in the rear thing I have ever seen.

I can't imagine getting up to level 10 and then dying.. you would be dropping like 25000 experience. The worst part is that experience is mega hard to gain when you get into high levels, so losing that much of it just makes you want to never play on the server again.

I know how that is .. a night ago I was staying up all night (trying to get my sleeping habits normal again), and to stay up I was playing Graal .. I had the wonderful fortune of dying twice .. I could have probably been at level five or six now, but I'm only at level four. I can understand the loss of stats, but the loss of experience is sort of crazy. Ah well, just .. my rambling .. (NPC Server on 2k2 is down so I'm going through the forums to pass time..)

Flameuss
08-26-2002, 10:10 PM
wow augest is almost over and not even a quarter of those things mentiond have been completed