PDA

View Full Version : Markets for Graal 2002?


ldhfd
07-31-2002, 09:22 AM
I think there should be like a place on graal 2002 that you can sell stuff for coins to people.Do you think there should be one?

DeathChill
07-31-2002, 09:28 AM
James: No, it ruins the feel of Graal2002, if anything they should have a merchant class or so that can only sell items.

thomasward
07-31-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DeathChill
James: No, it ruins the feel of Graal2002, if anything they should have a merchant class or so that can only sell items.
Yeah, kinda like I think it was Providence had. There could be stalls where only merchants can go into and set up prices for their items.

CheeToS2
07-31-2002, 09:59 AM
I think it'd be a great idea.. but make it so you have to find the supplies and build the stand yourself :) It isnt neccessary to be a merchant.. anybody can set it up if they have the know-how & supplies.

ldhfd
07-31-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2
I think it'd be a great idea.. but make it so you have to find the supplies and build the stand yourself :)
Nah that suck cuase you cna't carry the stand.i think you should just make a rug and put your items on the floor (thats like the old days)but when people grab it it'll say the price like in the shops.

CheeToS2
07-31-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ldhfd

Nah that suck cuase you cna't carry the stand.i think you should just make a rug and put your items on the floor (thats like the old days)but when people grab it it'll say the price like in the shops.

That could be an alternative :)
Just make rugs harder to forge than stands.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-31-2002, 10:09 AM
Of course they should. A market back in the middle ages was the heart and soul of the economy, and it was a leading factor in the inclination of the power of towns and cities.

ldhfd
07-31-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Of course they should. A market back in the middle ages was the heart and soul of the economy, and it was a leading factor in the inclination of the power of towns and cities.
yeah but I'm worried about people making alot of money and stuff and turning g2k2 into g2k1 :(

CheeToS2
07-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by ldhfd

yeah but I'm worried about people making alot of money and stuff and turning g2k2 into g2k1 :(

As if people couldnt just mass out that they are selling items?
Using stands/rugs makes it more rpish.

MasterNuke
07-31-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by DeathChill
James: No, it ruins the feel of Graal2002, if anything they should have a merchant class or so that can only sell items.

How bout a merchant skill instead of a class?
just my 2 cents

CheeToS2
07-31-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by MasterNuke


How bout a merchant skill instead of a class?
just my 2 cents

good idea... as long as the price isnt as outrageous as all the other stuff :(

ldhfd
07-31-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by MasterNuke


How bout a merchant skill instead of a class?
just my 2 cents
u don't need no skill in real life to be a merchant

thomasward
07-31-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MasterNuke


How bout a merchant skill instead of a class?
just my 2 cents
Did you steal that 2 cents quote of Ghost Pirate? He'll be one fired up pirate if you don't look out. ;)

MasterNuke
07-31-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by thomasward

Did you steal that 2 cents quote of Ghost Pirate? He'll be one fired up pirate if you don't look out. ;)

i could remember hearing 2 cents from someone on a 10six board... o well...

the better merchant skill u have the more items u can be selling at once? or selling to more people at once?

just my 3 (THREE) cents =P

haunter
08-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by MasterNuke


i could remember hearing 2 cents from someone on a 10six board... o well...

the better merchant skill u have the more items u can be selling at once? or selling to more people at once?

just my 3 (THREE) cents =P


and with a better merchant skill, you can buy lower and sell higher to NPCs.

Hiker
08-03-2002, 09:36 AM
Markets are a common theme it seems like. There should be market next to Bomboria but it should have a fence around it and be a non pk area so we don't get killed in our stands.

DragonX2
08-03-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Hiker
Markets are a common theme it seems like. There should be market next to Bomboria but it should have a fence around it and be a non pk area so we don't get killed in our stands.

Ahahaha, that sounds quite funny.
Person A: Hey, I am selling a scroll of piety, would you like to buy it??
Person B: *Runs up with Naginata to stand and pokes Person A with it and he dies* Mwahahaha!

I would hire NPC Guards to help me with my stand so if someone gets near and uses a weapon, the guards would run from the side and kill them :]