PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy Tutorial

DragonX2
07-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Alchemy....
First off if you choose to be an alchemist, you will start with a cauldron (an item essential for making new concoctions). You will also start with an Alchemist's Amulet which is also a good item to have if you want to start using alchemy. Alchemy can be very dangerous but also very helpful in times of needs, whether you want to concoct a new potion to increase your sword's strength or simply increase your strength. First off, the cauldron. To use the cauldron you must activate it, once you have the needed ingredients for a new item, you simply place the items into the cauldron, then you say '/invoke alchemy' and if you are lucky, you will succeed in making a new item. To perform alchemy you must have both the needed mana and a good skill level in physique (which is the skill alchemy is located in). To increase mana, you must increase power, rolling good power stats at the beginning is create if you want to be an alchemist. Now that you have those items I will leave you with a little formula to create 'Water of the Wise'. I will let you know what water of the wise does once I find out from unixmad. You will need a lot of ingredients and here they are:
7 water
7 bottles of mineral oil
7 piles of phosphorus
7 piles of sulphur
7 piles of salt
and Mercury.

screen_name
07-29-2002, 09:38 PM
hey, i didnt start out with a cauldron :(

DragonX2
07-29-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by screen_name
hey, i didnt start out with a cauldron :(

Unixmad will make them start out with them soon :)

screen_name
07-29-2002, 09:58 PM
will the players that are already alchemist get one for free ??

CheeToS2
07-30-2002, 02:01 AM
Are all those items you explained dropping by monsters now? :confused:

DragonX2
07-30-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2
Are all those items you explained dropping by monsters now? :confused:

No, you buy them in shops.