PDA

View Full Version : When you die

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-28-2002, 12:49 AM
Many people have been wondering why their characters gets so terrible when they die. That's because each time you are killed or die of hunger, you lose 1-3 points in any random category, such as strength, charisma, intelligence, constitution, dexterity etc. Eventually you'll get to the point where after a few deaths you'll lose a HP point too. Then your character will get to the point where you don't even want to play it anymore because it's so weak, it's attack is slow and it's speed is slow.

If you want to have a good character, and keep him, then I suggest you find a small surplus of food before you restart your character (such as 3-4 loaves of bread which would equal a full replenishment) and get to work immediately on creating some more tools to make more bread. Killing baddies for food is not exactly a secure alternative for finding food because given the fact that you'll make all your equipment in time (very difficult to do) then finding food will become even harder, as only a low percentage of baddies drop food. Personally, I've never seen any baddy drop some chicken although I've killed many, but I've seen some drop potatoes (replenishes 200 food points) and mushrooms (20 food points).

So that's for everyone wondering why their character sucks. I agree, it's tough to start out, but eventually it's a lot of fun walking between towns on the main isle, dueling baddies with a friend, then stopping in the adjacent town for a small meal and moving on :D

AlexH
07-28-2002, 01:00 AM
That happened to me.
I died and then I got a message in the corner of my screen saying You are ugly and I lost some charm points. :(

HideMisery
07-28-2002, 01:39 AM
i restarted and now i never die, because i got to the point where i had 8 hp. Now i drink lots of water (before, i didint pay attention to the hunger meter). so now im healthy and have 20hp and all the best equipment >;]

but i hate how having to eat gets in the way of things :(

Poogle
07-28-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
That happened to me.
I died and then I got a message in the corner of my screen saying You are ugly and I lost some charm points. :( lol thats funny.

Hiker
07-28-2002, 09:00 AM
Hunger should be removed. It's so annoying. Food should replenish hp's instead.

Chaos0838
07-28-2002, 09:14 AM
[Vlad]

I think they should replace hunger with endurance like before :(

ALUCARDPSX
07-28-2002, 09:19 AM
im lv 3 with 33hp now since ive figured out water is the best thing for me to do since i can get 50+ water while wasting only 30 food points while getting it :D oh and i have to believe the rate of dropping was lowered again seeing i never get anything anymore and yes hunger is annoying! i also think they should put endurance back in instead

Discharge
07-28-2002, 10:18 AM
Yea, you should be able to get your HP back to normal...

Hiyoshi
07-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Hiker
Hunger should be removed. It's so annoying. Food should replenish hp's instead.

It adds to the challenge. I like it, that way, later on, when Kingdoms are set in place, we could have big feasts upon alliances/victories and such.

AlexH
07-28-2002, 12:38 PM
With the hunger we can do those things where you surround castles and starve the enemy into defeat.
Can't remember what the thing's called though. :(

MasterNuke
07-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Some sort of npc or place that restores your stats for an amount of money? I dunno... just my 2 minutes of idea time

cshank4
07-28-2002, 12:42 PM
With the hunger we can do those things where you surround castles and starve the enemy into defeat.
Can't remember what the thing's called though. :(
Siege

AlexH
07-28-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by MasterNuke
Some sort of npc or place that restores your stats for an amount of money? I dunno... just my 2 minutes of idea time

*points at 2k2 Suggestions fourm*
We suggested that.
Just waiting for staff on 2k2 to read it and hopefully add it. :)

MasterNuke
07-28-2002, 12:45 PM
sorry im really ignorant =P

thomasward
07-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MasterNuke
sorry im really ignorant =P
Thats ok, we still luv you.

magicbud3344
07-28-2002, 08:34 PM
i got dumb when i died :(

adam
07-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Discharge
Yea, you should be able to get your HP back to normal...

Darksweeper
07-28-2002, 11:24 PM
how do u get more than one water at a a time from a watering can because i can only get one

AlexH
07-28-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Darksweeper
how do u get more than one water at a a time from a watering can because i can only get one

Just keep putting the watering can in the water.

cshank4
07-29-2002, 02:51 AM

Just keep putting the watering can in the water.
OR you could just goto a well and you get 2 each time