PDA

View Full Version : New Weapon Class

Dark-Dragoon
07-27-2002, 09:40 AM
Spears. Iron spear, diamond spear, fire spear, wooden spear, jade spear, WHATEVER! I just want a spear, use the Naginata base.

Thak2
07-27-2002, 09:47 AM
All sorts of weapons could be added, and probably will be.

Clubs, maces, battle axes, halberd, slings, etc.

I especially want a fast, double handed battle axe. :)

Inphektid
07-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Thak2
All sorts of weapons could be added, and probably will be.
How is this possible when G2K2 crashes every 5 minutes?

ALUCARDPSX
07-28-2002, 11:16 PM
I want claws and boomerangs and chakrams :D

Kaimetsu
07-28-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Inphektid

How is this possible when G2K2 crashes every 5 minutes? Grim Squeaker:

It's quite simple, because clientside parts of weapons can be tested offline for the most part anyway.
;P

Darksweeper
07-28-2002, 11:35 PM
the only downfall of spears is u have to throw them for range and then u have to retrieve them and someone might steal it if u do throw it so the only thing that could happen is u have to hold it and stab like a sword making it no point of spears but they may make swords that look like spears but any other idea for new weapons would work because u hold onto them like the clubs and maces and axes thak mentioned

Valder
07-28-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Darksweeper
the only downfall of spears is u have to throw them for range and then u have to retrieve them and someone might steal it if u do throw it so the only thing that could happen is u have to hold it and stab like a sword making it no point of spears but they may make swords that look like spears but any other idea for new weapons would work because u hold onto them like the clubs and maces and axes thak mentioned

I don't think he meant for them to be thrown...Spears can be used as just thrusting weapons.

Also, 2k2 in only in it's alpha stage, give it time, more weapons will be added eventually.

AlexH
07-28-2002, 11:40 PM
I thought he meant spears that you would hold and use like the naginate.
But if it is throwing spears I'm sure they wouldn't require a lot to make.
Maybe just a little more than what you need to make arrows.