PDA

View Full Version : Playerworld Serveroptions Suggestion


ArchAngelTCN_P2P
07-27-2002, 08:27 AM
I just want to suggest something, maybe we could have something like,

playerstartinghearts=

so that instead of setting the max hearts, you can set starting hearts. I'm not sure, but some worlds might not want players to start with 3 hearts.

Just a thought. It could end up being useful to some PWs if its added.

warp2ukew
07-27-2002, 08:31 AM
i like it =D

Inphektid
07-27-2002, 08:32 AM
Wow, nice idea Archy...I assume you thought up this, in creation of Shaded Legend 2.0?

Python523
07-27-2002, 08:33 AM
get an npc server, you can modify playerfullhearts with it

royce
07-27-2002, 09:18 AM
When a player first enters the server, just put in the easy script. Your little serveroption would slow it down a bit, maybe not noticable, but still slow it down. Scripts are easier.

Shadow Knight
07-27-2002, 09:23 AM
evildred144:

I think private servers should be able to set staff player accounts. Instead of stefan having to set it like say i want my account evildred144 to work for Krynn. I cant :( Right now Spanky and Godspeed are set for it and well they dont own it anymore =/

thrashsoul
07-27-2002, 07:11 PM
Nice Idea both ofz ya;)

DuoTCN
07-27-2002, 07:21 PM
I like it. :)

Chaos0838
07-27-2002, 09:08 PM
[Vlad]

l33t. Just get an NPC server though. Makes life easier.

Nitkizi
07-27-2002, 11:26 PM
We have already asked Stefan for a NPC Server (for Shaded Legend) twice, and I've heard that he is on vacation now. It would help us out so that we can get the scripts set up for SL2 with the NPC Server.

ArchAngelTCN_P2P
07-29-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Nitkizi
We have already asked Stefan for a NPC Server (for Shaded Legend) twice, and I've heard that he is on vacation now. It would help us out so that we can get the scripts set up for SL2 with the NPC Server.

Yes it would be nice to get our NPC server soon. But I was thinking of this option for those that don't want/need a NPC server. *shrug* it was just a idea that I thought I'd share.

I hope Stefan gets back soon. SL has been waiting about six weeks now for the NPC server to be installed. SL 2.0 is almost complete and we only need the scripting done now ;\

AlexH
07-29-2002, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by ArchAngelTCN_P2P

I was thinking of this option for those that don't want/need a NPC server.

All servers "need" an NPC Server.
It is much more powerfull and has greater capabilities than scripting without one.

Nitkizi
07-29-2002, 07:23 AM
Well, some servers still don't use npc servers, and you DON'T need them. But yes, they are very nice :)

On another note, does anyone know how to set it so that players start with level 3 shield without npc server?

Jinx
07-29-2002, 08:30 AM
If you don't have an NPC server for it you could just put a few chests in onlinestartlocal with the fullhearts.

-Jinx

haunter
07-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
If you don't have an NPC server for it you could just put a few chests in onlinestartlocal with the fullhearts.

-Jinx

What if you wanna start with less than 3 hearts?

Milkdude99
07-30-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by ArchAngelTCN_P2P


Yes it would be nice to get our NPC server soon. But I was thinking of this option for those that don't want/need a NPC server. *shrug* it was just a idea that I thought I'd share.

I hope Stefan gets back soon. SL has been waiting about six weeks now for the NPC server to be installed. SL 2.0 is almost complete and we only need the scripting done now ;\ Arch I thought that at first too , why do I need one?? But since we have one now , I see why we should have all along the benifits outweight any negitive points to it by far, just do this , ONLY grant access to the NPC server to those who absolutely have to have it , on Npulse only Moonie and I and Sparker (NPC Admin, who is the really only one who does anything with it) Moonie at times does , but I tend to stay away from things I know nothing about and the NPC server I don't lol. Limited access to it will cut down on the "accidents" of D/C the thing , so far ours has not crashed nor been d/c and that is the way we want to keep it , scripting is very important and bad script will crash it in a heart beat so you need someone who knows how to script for it ... anyway just some tips I have found that works for us .... so Good Luck with SL ;)

Nitkizi
07-30-2002, 08:26 AM
Yes, the reason NPC Server shuts down is because it is overloaded/bad script and someone manually does. We got someone that can script with one...Just have to make it clear to that certain person that they can't just make whatever they want..-.-;;

Milkdude99
07-31-2002, 09:10 AM
I wish you guys the best of Luck with SL :)

Python523
07-31-2002, 09:19 AM
crashing an npc server doesn't make you a bad scripter though, the 2k2 npc server has gone down a lot and not always because of the chat system, does that make stefan and unixmad bad scripters? no it doesn't, the scripts on 2k2 are fine, its just that the npc server somehow needs to be optimized so i can handle more data

adam
07-31-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Python523
crashing an npc server doesn't make you a bad scripter though, the 2k2 npc server has gone down a lot and not always because of the chat system, does that make stefan and unixmad bad scripters? no it doesn't, the scripts on 2k2 are fine, its just that the npc server somehow needs to be optimized so i can handle more data


Indeed. The Npc Server is nice. But it needs to be more powerful.

To handle 50 players each fighting 2 bomies at the same time.
;)

Nitkizi
08-01-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
I wish you guys the best of Luck with SL :)

Thanks moon, that means a lot to myself and the rest of the SL staff. :)