PDA

View Full Version : Day/Night Problem

LazyDragoon
05-23-2001, 12:02 PM
I get on 2001 each day and I watch the clock go to like midnight and I still have daylight. The Day/Night thing is not working for me and I kinda was wondering if that is a glitch in 2.03 or if I need to do something to fix it?

Could someone help me cause I can't figure out what would be wrong.

KJS
05-23-2001, 12:06 PM
well what I have noticed (on my friends computers and my computer)
I have Windows ME
and my friends have Windows 98 or 95
and it doesn't work for them
and it works for me

so it must be a dll or something..

well did the day/night work befor?
the day night works fine for me

Sjc2k1
05-23-2001, 05:37 PM
i have windows 98 and it works on my computer

LazyDragoon
05-24-2001, 07:40 AM
I have 98 and it worked fine for me before. Just as of recent I noticed that the day/night wasn't working and I wondered if it was a Directx problem well I have Directx 7 and I know there is a problem with 8 with graal effects but I don't know what the problem would be for me.

LazyDragoon
05-24-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000
Do normal lights show up? If they do, do they show up in different colors?

The main thing is that some GFX cards have their own drivers and perhaps upgrading to DirectX8 overwrote some of them (happned to me once with older DX version, I lost many cool things for a while). Be sure to get your latest GFX Card/3D accelerator drivers from the manufactures website.

Or by some odd thing your day/night npcw got deleted ;)

Well actually I didn't upgrade to Directx8 I have 7 not 8. My light effects show fine but day and night doesn't work at all =T I kinda have a problem with that since it isn't any error I can figure out and I haven't done anything to my computer.