PDA

View Full Version : Some informations about thiefs

unixmad
07-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Stealing dependent on the intelligence/wisdom of whom you're stealing from, offset by your dexterity and skill at stealing. They may notice your attempt, whether successful or not

If you arent high enough level, you might get something BUT the victim will notice your stealing attempt. Ditto if you attempt to steal something heavy off them, they're bound to notice.

If you see a message like "Your pack feels strangely lighter." look arround there is a thief !

Stealing is only experimental right now, in the near future, thief will be able to hide and when they will fail stealing they will be detected by players and probably killed.

In town it will be harder to steal since guards will kill the thief if he is discovered !

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Haha. That sounds cool. Some thief leaning over to try and pick-pocket a guy, then you see some NPC guards running after him :D

Hiker
07-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Thats crap... What if they steal my armor and swords... Thats dumb! remove it. :p

btw. Make it so they can't steal the sacks we have in our inventory... that way we can keep stuff we don't want stolen away from the thieves prying hands.

MysticHasteP2P_2
07-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Very cool, I take it thieves will be weak against a warrior or barbarian...

DragonX2
07-26-2002, 11:13 PM
I hope thief cannot steal things that are equip or weilded or being used...please tell me they can't. I would hate to lose my helmet, shield and sword in a matter of seconds :\ Although I am a high lvl and my INT/WIS is 14/17 so I would notice them stealing from me and I am a higher level than them overall.

magicbud3344
07-26-2002, 11:14 PM
This Sounds AWSOME!
does that mean the server will be reset?
i will love running like hell from guards XD being a thief is leet evenif their was no stealing i am just glad as hell i have 2 accounts so my good stuff is not stealed :D but if it is just an experament the server is gonna bereset again when all is done :O? no matter what i will always be a thief even if they get no cool skills XD

by the way sorry account manager Lynzdey something
sorry jeff and sorry the rest of you for stealing like a mad foo XD

and dragon you can't steal a sword or helm why they are wearing it :O i have tried thats why you just say hey buddy take off your sword so i know you won't hurt me when we talk then you run up and BAM no more diamond blade or fire sword :cool:

AlexH
07-26-2002, 11:14 PM
If thieves are kept you should be able to buy some kind of lockable box that can't be stolen but it can only store so much so you can keep valubles in it.

DragonX2
07-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
This Sounds AWSOME!
does that mean the server will be reset?
i will love running like hell from guards XD being a thief is leet evenif their was no stealing i am just glad as hell i have 2 accounts so my good stuff is not stealed :D but if it is just an experament the server is gonna bereset again when all is done :O? no matter what i will always be a thief even if they get no cool skills XD

sorry jeff and sorry the rest of you for stealing like a mad foo XD

I hope the server is not reset. Just keep adding stuff, that is the best way to go.

luigi22
07-26-2002, 11:15 PM
this is so lame, now no one will work for items

also the spells like icestorm have the lamest affect
wow there are little motionless bubbles in little square
forms and then your dead

magicbud3344
07-26-2002, 11:18 PM
i workes so hard for items and i just reset XD
but thats ok because i got just as much back but i think that thieves should form like server side guilds or whatn ot so you can't steal from eachother when your raiding a town or jumpng someone

AlexH
07-26-2002, 11:20 PM
Reseting the server again is dumb and shouldn't even be thought about.

unixmad
07-26-2002, 11:23 PM
We will never reset the test server (Alpha testing)

When Graal2002 will be close to final version we will open a new server with fresh installation but Actual Alpha testing server will stay then you will be able to continue your caracter.

Originally posted by AlexH
Reseting the server again is dumb and shouldn't even be thought about.

luigi22
07-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by unixmad
We will never reset the test server (Alpha testing)

uuuuuuhhh is it just me or did you already do that

magicbud3344
07-26-2002, 11:27 PM
so you will be able to take your character from alpha to graal 2002?

JudgeDurst
07-26-2002, 11:28 PM
How about making theives only be able to steal money or something? at the moment they have to just be near you and flood the command and in just a second all of your items are gone
i lost everything =/

cshank4
07-26-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by JudgeDurst
How about making theives only be able to steal money or something? at the moment they have to just be near you and flood the command and in just a second all of your items are gone
i lost everything =/
Cooldown should be like 5 minutes or something

magicbud3344
07-26-2002, 11:34 PM
money is worth so much more then items i only got 200 silver coins for stealing like 10 good swords and so many items and then when i cashed them in i went in a stealing spree and had my coins stolen XD

Darksweeper
07-26-2002, 11:40 PM
thieves should have their own special bar in the top right corner and if they steal it drains down to empty and they gotta wait for it to refill before they can steal again that way they wont steal every single item from somebody

Darksweeper
07-26-2002, 11:45 PM
or u can script this thing so when theives try to steal from someone a list or direction arrows appear and they have to push them really fast like under 5 seconds or it lets the other person know ur stealing from them so it would take about 5-10 seconds to steal from a person

magicbud3344
07-26-2002, 11:46 PM
yeah and that way people have time to kill us if we over do it, it makes sence :)

LiL_NightFall
07-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Those of you who haven't tested the steal skill, please be quiet. If you knew how long it takes to actaully steal anything at all then you wouldn't be saying that. We have to spam the message to actually get anything, I mean spam it around 50-100 times to get an item. So it's not easy to stand still and spam while trying not to get killed. At least research it before you comment on it. I've been killed plenty of times for stealing. :p

Dude6252000
07-27-2002, 12:39 AM
Now time to break in a conversation. X_x

How the heck do you even steal? I've tried /use_skill stealing, it readys stealing, but then it doesn't work. X_x Help?

Lyndzey
07-27-2002, 01:48 AM

;]

At least you didn't steal everything from me like someone did :[

magicbud3344
07-27-2002, 01:57 AM
:[
i only got like a tree or somthin i am sorry :(
but now no one can steal so thats ok :O but if i did i would only steal from people like Mr Maxipad or whatever that asshats name is >;[ if you see someone named !mrmaxi something kill him because Mistar glub glub showed him to the mines then he killed glubby and took his gold.....this game just doesn't need meani poos like that >.<

cshank4
07-27-2002, 02:12 AM
:[
i only got like a tree or somthin i am sorry :(
but now no one can steal so thats ok :O but if i did i would only steal from people like Mr Maxipad or whatever that asshats name is >;[ if you see someone named !mrmaxi something kill him because Mistar glub glub showed him to the mines then he killed glubby and took his gold.....this game just doesn't need meani poos like that >.<
Ya he was PKing down in the mines... oddly he ended up with my lumber axe sticking out of hi head...:confused: I dont know how it happened! ;)

Darksweeper
07-27-2002, 03:48 AM
i think it would be alright for thiefs to steal from players again but it should stay having to say it 50 like u said would be good so they couldnt over do it

HideMisery
07-27-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Hiker
Thats crap... What if they steal my arm+-or and swords... Thats dumb! remove it. :p

btw. Make it so they can't steal the sacks we have in our inventory... that way we can keep stuff we don't want stolen away from the thieves prying hands.
Woru:

no it isnt dumb, if you have armor and swords then kill them. Plus if your dumb enough to not know when someones stealing from you then you shouldn't be playing graal.

freddyfox
07-27-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by HideMisery

Woru:

no it isnt dumb, if you have armor and swords then kill them. Plus if your dumb enough to not know when someones stealing from you then you shouldn't be playing graal.

Yes, because as we know, killing someone magically gets all our stuff back that they spammed to get.

DeathChill
07-27-2002, 08:01 AM
James: I kill that guy everytime I see him.

HideMisery
07-27-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

Yes, because as we know, killing someone magically gets all our stuff back that they spammed to get.

you could always spawn kill him and keep doing it until he gets pissed and leaves. then just follow him around and make his graal life a living hell. Thats worse than missing an axe and pliers.

freddyfox
07-27-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by HideMisery

you could always spawn kill him and keep doing it until he gets pissed and leaves. then just follow him around and make his graal life a living hell. Thats worse than missing an axe and pliers.

I'd rather not be immature about getting my revenge.

Brad2
07-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Um...what about the steal skill taking like 90 hunger points...that could get annoying..

jeff103
07-31-2002, 12:51 AM
Nah, then if someone had 90 hunger points, it would starve em.

ghostsamurai
08-02-2002, 02:37 AM
Neonight:

Very nice. I don't play Graal2002, simply because I lag on it very much, but it reminds me of playing Morrowind. The best part of Morrowind and other RPGs on Graal. :D Stealing. >:]

DragonX2
08-03-2002, 06:34 AM
Well, since thieving was removed for now, I will unsticky this thread. If unixmad wants to, he can sticky it again when stealing is implemented again.