PDA

View Full Version : 2002 is too unbalanced

Hiyoshi
07-26-2002, 03:52 PM
So, Stefan, unixmad...you did what you wanted. You made 2k2 very realistic. But guess what? IT'S TOO UNBALANCED. THIS IS THE MOST UNBALANCED RPG I'VE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE.

1. Thieves can steal way too much, and there's no protection.
2. People can just restart their account, become a thief, and cause total hell on 2k2, making no one like it (which I'm getting to the point of).
3. Thieves can steal with no threat of punishment. The thieves on 2k2 are either 1. just starting out, so they can cause total hell and not worry about losing anything, or punishment. 2. They've got all the best stuff so they don't have to worry
4. There's no punishment for anything. In real life, which 2002 is supposed to be sort of like, if you steal, or kill, GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR IT. On 2k2, you kill or steal, you get a bad name. Oh well, big deal. THAT'S NOT FAIR. IF YOU KILL OR STEAL, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED IN MINES OR TOWNS. Your AP should go down when you PK/steal, and there should be Guards NPCs in towns and at the two mine entrances (and inside the mines), that are super ass strong, and if they detect a stealer/pker or see someone hit a another person inside the town/mines, or near them, they kill them. People that say they're mine guards act innocent for about 5 minutes, and then you realize it's just a scam to steal from you/kill you.

You may wonder how number 4 would work. Ok, first of all, there is the law of self defense. If someone hits you they aren't allowed in towns, but the one they attack can kill them without fear of penalty. When you steal/pk, your ap should go to 0 automatically, unless you pked under self defense, and your ap should stay 0 until they are killed. And anyone with 0 ap should be killed without fear of penalty. That way, people could filter out the holies, and evil people.

Perhaps, a way to stop yourself from getting stolen from, is to buy a metal buckle for your backpack (or whatever it is that everything you own is kept in), so that when thieves try to steal, you can *feel* them tugging on your backpack.

Thieves are probably the ideal thing to be now. You can restart, and just go and steal other people's work, and then be on your way. There's no drawbacks. You can get a sword, shield, everything a warrior can, you just can't do magic. AT THE LEAST, the drawback to being a thief should be that they have low HP. That way if you do buy the *metal clip* for your backpack, you could turn around and kill them in one hit, that way, people would know the consequences of being a thief,

In conclusion, I've learned that with this theiving system, and killing system, that it's almost unbearable to make friends. Being a person that doesn't PK/steal is being a minority, thus you can't really make friends, and on top of that, there's no way to trust people to see who your friends really are.

My final statement...2k2 is a horribly unbalanced game, and is going to the point of being not playable, and sooner or later, people are just going to flock back to 2k1 like they did last time.

Thak2
07-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Yes, theives are ridiculus. I can be sitting in water, and they swim up, and take my stuff.

One was chasing me in water, and I couldn't outrun him. The only thing I could do was exit the game, to avoid thefting. ;(

Ghost Pirate
07-26-2002, 04:17 PM
Spells and skills are very highly unbalanced

I had a thread about some things but not about thieft

Thiefs should only beable to steal from monsters (if the monster is carrying a item)
Untill it can be better balanced for player to player usage

Ghost Pirate
07-26-2002, 05:23 PM
I got ripped

I think a the server should rollback to yesturday

Thak2
07-26-2002, 05:28 PM
Yeah, theives stole all my tools, as well as my sword. :/

Tyhm
07-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Thieves should randomly drop something from their Stolen Goods list when hit. That'd be cool, a thief steals your gold, you hit him with a snowball, bling-bling-bling, he drops your gold, as well as a rolling pin he stole off someone else and a sword. Mad dash to get it all back, thieves have to be quick to make a profit.

cshank4
07-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Ive never seen a thief IRL steal a sword out of someones pants... of course ive never seen someone keep a sword in there pants, if you do, you need help O.o

Dark-Dragoon
07-26-2002, 11:35 PM
Maybe its a really unbalenced one, but remember, 2k2 is still an
ALPHA

DeathChill
07-26-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Dark-Dragoon
Maybe its a really unbalenced one, but remember, 2k2 is still an
ALPHA

James: That's why several of us have asked for improvements to be made.

mikepg
07-27-2002, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Thieves should randomly drop something from their Stolen Goods list when hit. That'd be cool, a thief steals your gold, you hit him with a snowball, bling-bling-bling, he drops your gold, as well as a rolling pin he stole off someone else and a sword. Mad dash to get it all back, thieves have to be quick to make a profit.

you think of the best stuff thym!

LiL_NightFall
07-27-2002, 06:27 AM
Lets not put the unbalancing all on thieves. Non of the classes are balanced.

Wizards:

1)Too much power to start off with, their magic can kill an entire screen full of people from the start.

2) Staffs cost way too much.

3) Spells cost way too much, and personally I don't think all spells should come from the store, some should be created by matching special words with the effect you want or even split some into new groups. Like if a wizard wanted to become a summoner, or an enchanter.

4) They have too much defense. They can take the same amount of damage as someone with the same hp from another class.

Knights:

1) Should be the only armor users.

2) Should have swords that only they can use.

3) Can use too many skills. A knight should not be seen using stealing, or any other skills that don't belong in their class.

Barbarians:

1) Should recover hp faster than any other class.

2) Should not be able to use any magic, ever.

3) Should have limited skills, since they are mainly fighters.

4) Should have battle axes used only by them.

Thieves:

1) Should have to practice stealing before being able to steal from another player.

2) Need to be able to move faster than any other class.

3) Should use agility and not strength for there weapons.

4) Should not be hit by every swing. Thieves are agile, they should be missed alot over time.

5) Need poisons with different effects, thieves are sneaky to make up for their lack of strength.

Priests:

1) Should not be able to use a blade of any kind.

2) Should use only maces, clubs, hammers, books, and other holy items

3) Should be used as a support class, they shouldn't be running around soloing everything.

Alchemist:

1) Should be removed and turned into a subclass of wizardy.

Archer:

1) Should replace Alchemist.

There should only be 5 or less jobs that each player can choose to take on. People can do every job on there own, which makes buying and selling useless.

So far I haven't seen any distinguishing characteristics between the classes. They need different items that only they can use, and different skills for their class only. I do know this is an alpha and that all of these things are probably already in the works though. :p

Thak2
07-27-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by LiL_NightFall
Barbarians:

1) Should recover hp faster than any other class.

2) Should not be able to use any magic, ever.

3) Should have limited skills, since they are mainly fighters.

4) Should have battle axes used only by them.

I like this idea, I'm a barbarian and for some reason I have the casting magic skill. I shouldn't.

Also, maybe barbarians should have some Blood Frenzy type skill, it removes a lot of their HP, but increases their weapon attack and speed. All temporarily.