PDA

View Full Version : Providence Stuff

Lao_Su2
07-26-2002, 12:57 PM
LordHelmut:

Hey everyone. I quit graal sometime ago but when I was on here a week ago, I read that prov was being fixed up. I came on that day and really liked it. I have been playing every day since. This server is great and also has TONS of potential unlike most PWs that are up now. (Im sorry if this pisses off anyone)

Anyways, Im gonna try my hand at making some stuff for it level wise. I was just wondering what you guys think should be made? Here is a list of things possible...

1)Jova(main city) gets redone
2)I make a kingdom (to fit the new kingdom/battle system being added)
3)Make a highly detailed island
4)Make some underground place somewhat like 2001 one
5)Make a place with lots of new enemies to fight

Androk2k1
07-26-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Lao_Su2
LordHelmut:

Hey everyone. I quit graal sometime ago but when I was on here a week ago, I read that prov was being fixed up. I came on that day and really liked it. I have been playing every day since. This server is great and also has TONS of potential unlike most PWs that are up now. (Im sorry if this pisses off anyone)

Anyways, Im gonna try my hand at making some stuff for it level wise. I was just wondering what you guys think should be made? Here is a list of things possible...

6)Keep working on FTO

Keep workin on FTO!

Inphektid
07-26-2002, 05:34 PM
LordHelmut:

More baddies need to be added SOON, at level 60, it's like, impossible to level of level 35 Orcs. >_<

Birdbird_0
07-26-2002, 07:58 PM
I find how Valikornia stole the majority of their ideas and graphics and npcs (okay not majority, but a substantial amount of material) from Providence.

Lao_Su2
07-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Androk2k1

Keep workin on FTO!

FTO is my life, Providence is my fun time :) I just wanted to tell them what they should focus on that everyone wanted to see but oh well :) And yea birdy, I went on Val last night and saw what you mean. :rolleyes:

draygin
07-26-2002, 09:27 PM
That's because Virtue stole all of Providence scripts. It's also why SK fired him. SK and I where on Val opening night and he started warping us around killing us with rc.. changing us into old men with diapers etc.. etc.. and when we released Providence again we had idiot Val admins come on swearing cussing at every one to leave and people got so sick of it they left for a while. I should have banned him -_- Any how enough about that.

Yes we have many things comming up on Providence. Now that I have more scripters. I mean Mido is good but there is only so much 1 guy can do on his own. Most of the bugs are fixed for the most part. Right we're working on getting the kingdoms set up. Which is being further delayed by a pm every five seconds can I have a kingdom will you make a guild for me etc.. etc.. So if you see a staff member on give them a break and dont sit there and pm them asking for items, Guilds etc... If and when we start accepting them we will make a sign in Jova for it.

DarkHero2002
07-26-2002, 09:41 PM
FTO 4 LYFE

Neglegence2002
07-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Make lots of new levels with lots of new enemies, not just bandits and orcs

Lao_Su2
07-27-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by DarkHero2002
FTO 4 LYFE

Lord Helmut:

hehe ;)

Yea, for Providence I considered making a custom creature. I was having trouble with ideas. I am pretty good at gfx now and considered doing the sprites for a creature then getting help from friends and scripting it for them. I hate the current baddies. They are built out of character stuff, very laggy, etc. I want to fix those up and make sprites for new ones. If I do this it will be a little bit because i need the ideas and also I work on FTO most of the time. I will talk more when i return but as of now im just home from work on my break.

Chaos0838
07-27-2002, 01:12 AM
LordHelmut:

GraalBR/BadReligion:

I love Providence now its elite!!!

royce
07-27-2002, 01:28 AM
I would rather help out Graal 2001, I already asked to help out providence but all they did was yell at me the whole time.

Python523
07-27-2002, 01:37 AM
Maybe I'll remake the baddies for ya mad, I'm sure they are causing 99% of that lag

warp2ukew
07-27-2002, 01:50 AM
LordHelmut:

5)Make a place with lots of new enemies to fight |

(Eban)
FTO is very good.

jeff335
07-27-2002, 02:20 AM
First off, every baddy is running a .1 serverside timeout. Jagen, look into ways to keep smooth while slowing the timeout

Zakur
07-27-2002, 03:35 AM
I love it, but i would like it more if i could be a cleric. :/

Inphektid
07-27-2002, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by royce
I would rather help out Graal 2001, I already asked to help out providence but all they did was yell at me the whole time.
draygin hates me. :(

Lao_Su2
07-27-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
|

(Eban)
FTO is very good.

Lord Helmut:

Why thank you. Its still in early stages but its comming along :)