PDA

View Full Version : Should we bring back the classic

emortylone
07-26-2002, 07:29 AM
I played graal since almost the beggining. And i always could find some kind of time to play Graal back in the old days since it was mostly Graal classic and N Pulse.
I also notice the only two servers getting people is UN and Classic.

Now I barely play online and when i do i dont even get on classic due to its servere lag due to sp many flags building up over the year.

So I think it would be a great idea for some team to get together, maybe people who played graal from the beginning and make a server much like graal classic:

All quests, baddies, no new GUI, no races, fullheart quests.

It would be like graal starting from the beginning.
and in my personnal opinion be a great idea.

And as for the time put into it.
I'm sure it would take as much time as these new playerworlds to come out because it would open up as just a empty playerworlf with quests and small NPCs(nothing huge, and no events) and just wait for the player submissions to roll in)

Just like the old times

royce
07-26-2002, 08:24 AM
Ever heard of the Classic Revival Project? Look where it is now.

Kuza
07-26-2002, 08:30 AM
This sounds fun. I'll give it a shot. It would complicate things with Rhune, it's too hard merging an RP and PK oriented server with these type of ideas. It is not that easy to balanced the two elements.

Neglegence2002
07-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Definetly has to use the old tileset with the cool trees !

emortylone
07-26-2002, 08:53 AM
I can help out if anyone wants to attempt.
It would be real easy to make if we get a full team.

Also i can make those houses with the crappy wall tiles and repetitive floor tiles :D

Kuza
07-26-2002, 08:56 AM
The old tileset cannot be used. Nintendo is liable to sue GraalOnline, it resembles the Zelda graphics too much.

Tyhm
07-26-2002, 09:18 AM
Lyndzey has the files but not the time, I have the converter but not the time, and Psyker's gone.

emortylone
07-26-2002, 09:22 AM
i dont want the old classic, i mean a new server but classic style

Lyndzey
07-26-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Lyndzey has the files but not the time, I have the converter but not the time, and Psyker's gone.

If we could only find someone to manage it.

I was thinking of getting Exo Knight/bomber39 back. If he decides to manage, we might also be able to get RW in.

Link77
07-26-2002, 10:07 AM
heheh sounds really cool.;)

Cid_Night
07-26-2002, 10:47 AM
heyyyyy why dontcha all visit DD, thats what DD is. Its quests, pking, and stuff like that. Very classic style, no npc server, and i think the lowest amount of lag in graal. Come check it out.

Tyhm
07-26-2002, 10:48 AM
Err, wasn't RW the Total-Zelda-Ripoff levels set that got took down for being a Total-Zelda-Ripoff?

Still, b39's a good choice for Classic legendary levelguy

Neglegence2002
07-26-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kuza
The old tileset cannot be used. Nintendo is liable to sue GraalOnline, it resembles the Zelda graphics too much.

The one with the Umbrella Trees, right before this new one we have?

DuoTCN
07-26-2002, 05:06 PM
That sounds cool.