PDA

View Full Version : what to do

screen_name
07-26-2002, 01:26 AM
What should be done on 2k2?

Well, first off the message system, its all fine and dandy, but I don't really want to know if some enters/leaves the game, or if someone is killed/kills someone or something. All it does is flood my screen, which equals lag, which equals bad news since I am already lagged enough.
[]
Also, if the shout thing stays, it should be layered behind the regular GUI, like your stats and the Q menu, I can barely read my info
[]

PKing, it has become rediculous. I come on and walk to mines and someone is just standing there PKing everyone that comes in and when I do get in without getting PKed and start to mine, someone comes up and kills me and takes the rock. There should be a penality for PKing or just disabled all together, it's kinda hard to RP when you keep getting PKed and getting pissed because of that. Sure some of you may say, just fight back, but that is kind of hard for me, see I have 333mhz processor and 4mb video card, which sucks all together.

Death, it's just stupid to lose stats whenever you die, and not have a penality for the PKer, I had 25 experience points and less than 10 minutes, 4 left, it's just chaotic. The loss of stats just a bad idea.

Well that's all for now...

AlexH
07-26-2002, 01:29 AM
Losing stats on death should definetly be removed.
It's annoying.
But the message system should be changed first.

screen_name
07-26-2002, 01:37 AM
Another thing that has been bothering me is Hunger.

I love the idea of hunger, but it just moves too fast, I mean in real life we don't grow extremely hungry in 10 minutes.

It should be slowed to about 30 minutes or even an hour before you go completely hungry.

haunter
07-26-2002, 01:38 AM
Half of these threads should go in 2k2 suggestions, not here.

magicbud3344
07-26-2002, 02:20 AM
1 hour sounds about good hell why not make it 2 :D

TheFrozenFiend
07-26-2002, 02:46 AM
I think losing stats when you die is a good idea.

It stops people from just randomly running around killing everything that moves because they will only gain and not lose.

However. Pking is another thing.
How about losing stats when being killed by monsters but not when being killed by players.

Hunger was a good idea but food is to rare so I have to sto every 20 mins for loads of water. So either
1) Make food less rare
or
2) Half the rate the hunger increases by.

As for the pking problem.
When someone pks they get +1 to a playerskilled flag.
They get a -1 every hour.
When the flag reaches 10 and above a NPC of a policeman will run after them and attack them.

Policeman
-Health = 15/15
-Attack = 15
-Defense = 15
-Speed = 1.4

Once the policeman kills them they will lose a stat and their wanted level (playerskilled flag) will decrease by 3.
If its still above 10 another policeman comes along 5-10 minutes later.

If they keep killing the policeman each time they get a +1 to playerskilled flag and when they get the flag to 20+ then along comes a FBI agent.

FBI Agent
-Health = 30/30
-Attack = 25
-Defense = 30
-Speed = 1.8

Same as before. However if the FBI agent keeps getting killed then once the flag is 30+ along comes the team of....

Mulder + Scully. (X-Files People) :p

Mulder
-Health = 75/75
-Attack = 60
-Defense = 50
-Speed = 2.0

Scully
-Health = 80/80
-Attack = 50
-Defense = 60
-Speed = 2.0

Oh yeah. 2 on 1.
But if the pker is still winning then when the flag reaches 40+ along comes....

Buffy The Vampire Slayer :rolleyes:

Buffy
-Health = 100/100
-Attack = 80/80
-Defense = 80/80
-Speed = 3.0

But if the pker is some kind of super person and the flag reaches 50+ then along comes, none other, than....

Diamond Weapon (FF7 for anyone who hates that monster)

Diamond Weapon
-Health = 9999/9999
-Attack = 9999
-Defense = 9999
-Speed = 5.0

*has horrible memories of getting slaughtered by Diamond Weapon with level 90 and above characters*