PDA

View Full Version : Hostile system

haunter
07-26-2002, 01:19 AM
Have designated places where you can turn PK on or off...

With PK on you can hurt other players and the other players with PK on can hurt you

With PK off you can't hurt anyone and no one can hurt you.

You would start of with PK off because im sure little noobies don't like getting killed... And perhaps a little indicator above each players head if they have PK on (if you hold a button it shows up, kinda like spar rating) It would also help prevent NPC server crashing because of that stupid shout system, this way less people would DIE! :D

Ghost Pirate
07-26-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by haunter
Have designated places where you can turn PK on or off...

With PK on you can hurt other players and the other players with PK on can hurt you

With PK off you can't hurt anyone and no one can hurt you.

You would start of with PK off because im sure little noobies don't like getting killed... And perhaps a little indicator above each players head if they have PK on (if you hold a button it shows up, kinda like spar rating) It would also help prevent NPC server crashing because of that stupid shout system, this way less people would DIE! :D

I think you should beable to PK anywhere (it would ruin the experiance if you have a no pk all over the place)

But to stop PKers put up NPC Guards that are friendly to you aslong as you don't PK (Guards would be in major towns)
So if ya pk in town the guards will kick your ass with their uber battle axes

haunter
07-26-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate

I think you should beable to PK anywhere (it would ruin the experiance if you have a no pk all over the place)

But to stop PKers put up NPC Guards that are friendly to you aslong as you don't PK (Guards would be in major towns)
I'm not talking about no PK zones, im talking about "PK on" and "PK off"

With PK on, you can hurt other players, but the other players who also have PK on, can hurt you as well.

But with PK off you can't hurt other players and no players can hurt you.

Of course there would only be a few places to toggle it on or off...

and perhaps those places would have several large guards so people don't *killkillkill "/pkoff"*

Ghost Pirate
07-26-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by haunter

I'm not talking about no PK zones, im talking about "PK on" and "PK off"

With PK on, you can hurt other players, but the other players who also have PK on, can hurt you as well.

But with PK off you can't hurt other players and no players can hurt you.

Of course there would only be a few places to toggle it on or off...

and perhaps those places would have several large guards so people don't *killkillkill "/pkoff"*
same thing

PK ON PK OFF!
Sounds like one of those clap clap light commericals LIGHTS ON *CLAP CLAP* LIGHTS OFF!

That would still ruin the experiance...

screen_name
07-26-2002, 09:52 AM
pking ruins the experience, cant even do anything without getting pked

freddyfox
07-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by screen_name
pking ruins the experience, cant even do anything without getting pked

Run or fight. Your choice. Don't get riled up if someone calls you a "hhealing newbi idiot," they're *****s anyways.

DragonX2
07-26-2002, 10:36 AM
Say '/peaceful' and see what happens...

Darksweeper
07-27-2002, 01:03 AM
is that y it always says failed when we attacked ppl because its set to not attack ppl when we start

haunter
07-27-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by DragonX2
Say '/peaceful' and see what happens...

All that does is Stop me from hurting others...

Perhaps you could get blessed by a priest (NPC in church) and then no one could hurt you, but you couldn't hurt them, and then get "un-blessed" somewhere else... Or if you hit someone, you get unblessed?

BeZeRkEr
07-27-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

Run or fight. Your choice. Don't get riled up if someone calls you a "hhealing newbi idiot," they're *****s anyways.

eh what if have a slow comp and they catch you

Tyhm
07-27-2002, 09:24 AM
How NewbieSaint.

It's almost as though Stefan should just make it a command.
newbiesainton; gives the player protection from swords until their first kill
newbiesaintoff; removes newbie saint

haunter
07-29-2002, 04:42 AM
How about a bounty system instead? the more people you kill the more your bounty is, if someone kills you and you have a high bounty, they could go back to the "police station" and get a reward. Perhaps a list at the "Police station" showing who is "wanted". Hmm, and guards should attack/arrest anyone with a high bounty, and if you get put in jail, you skills decrese over time... I've been playing too much morrowind... Also, maybe fines could be implemented if you get arrested.

Kaimetsu
07-29-2002, 04:56 AM
Grim Squeaker:

The system is already quite hostile, otherwise the NPC-Server wouldn't crash as often as it does.
;P

freddyfox
07-29-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr

eh what if have a slow comp and they catch you

Buy a better one.

BeZeRkEr
07-29-2002, 10:23 AM
i did buy a better one
but not all of us have $1000+ to spend

screen_name
07-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr
i did buy a better one
but not all of us have $1000+ to spend

dido

anyways, my has been running smoother as of late for some reason

REMOVE PKing ALTOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

brock128
07-29-2002, 11:50 PM
It seems as though only rabid PKers are saying "Keep it as is."

Don't use the "oh it's not rping" excuse. KILLING MINDLESSLY IS NOT RPING!!!

When it's a choice between RPing or having fun, choose fun.

You should be able to pick PK or no PK when you start, and you can only change it in one place per island. And those places are swarming with guards.

Baraka Khan
07-30-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by brock128
KILLING MINDLESSLY IS NOT RPING!!!.

I agree 100%. RP is not about killing, it's PKing that prevents effective roleplay from occuring. It's incredibly hard to effectively roleplay when you're trying to hide from idiot PKers.

Tyhm
07-30-2002, 10:46 PM
*mumbles about how if they'd listened to him about starting all Newbies out as Roving Savages, this never would have been a problem in the first place...*

Hiker
07-31-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate

:D