PDA

View Full Version : Strange things and some abnormal weather!

G_yoshi
07-25-2002, 01:54 AM
A few minor updates (or major if you want to call them that) for today. New graphics for the display stuff including a graphical counter for Shards. Date and time have a new look too as well as the HP/MP stuff. For now, its there for testing purposes, those are not the final graphics...except for the counter.

As for the weather, well it rained...very much a downpour, but has ceased for now.

Also attached is a screen shot of the new tileset for the new overworld...your opinion is appreciated :)

royce
07-25-2002, 01:56 AM
Cool. That Dk?

draygin
07-25-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi
A few minor updates (or major if you want to call them that) for today. New graphics for the display stuff including a graphical counter for Shards. Date and time have a new look too as well as the HP/MP stuff. For now, its there for testing purposes, those are not the final graphics...except for the counter.

As for the weather, well it rained...very much a downpour, but has ceased for now.

Also attached is a screen shot of the new tileset for the new overworld...your opinion is appreciated :)

Um... it's black and looks like 2k2's tile set. Better Screen shot please. :o

G_yoshi
07-25-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by draygin

Um... it's black and looks like 2k2's tile set. Better Screen shot please. :o

um, nope...those are images created by one of my scritpers and sent my way...I took the time to put them into a tileset for use on 3D terrain :p

AlexH
07-25-2002, 02:06 AM
Status stuff looks a little big.
Any way to hide it?

royce
07-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Bah I couldnt download the tileset or anything so I left and prolly wont be back.

Mykel
07-25-2002, 02:35 AM
omg, i like.
I wud still like to tryout as a LAT...

draygin
07-25-2002, 03:14 AM

um, nope...those are images created by one of my scritpers and sent my way...I took the time to put them into a tileset for use on 3D terrain :p

It's black you cant see anything. Show me some detail please. As for 3d Terrain if I'm not mistaken we're not allowed to use that for a while.

royce
07-25-2002, 03:57 AM

It's black you cant see anything. Show me some detail please. As for 3d Terrain if I'm not mistaken we're not allowed to use that for a while.
Stefan's approval you can.

draygin
07-25-2002, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by royce

Stefan's approval you can.

Straight from Stefan

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33733

He's oked Gmaps but not 3d terrains. At least until 2k2 is finished which is with last estimate given about 6 months away.

Inphektid
07-25-2002, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by royce
Cool. That Dk?
Of course, you can always tell DK by the extremely small screen thanks to the top and bottom status bars...GOD that's annoying!

Aknts
07-25-2002, 06:16 AM
Spanky:

Sorry but tose GFX are terrible.. I mean te system GFX not te leel GFX.. Im sorry but man tey suck.

(Please excuse my typing errors were letters are missing.. my keyboar is broken)

royce
07-25-2002, 07:22 AM

Straight from Stefan

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33733

He's oked Gmaps but not 3d terrains. At least until 2k2 is finished which is with last estimate given about 6 months away.
Ok, remember when you had to pass the PWA to get a pw online, well stefan approves some Pw's for private and not the PWA. Thats a little comment. Ok, he said in his post that he doesnt want a 3d terrain type server because he thinks that no one on here has the potential to make it and he does not want someone taking Graal 2002's tileset and stuff and using it for a pw. I am pretty sure he would 'Ok' it if you used your own tileset, but those tilesets are pretty hard.

Xbob42
07-25-2002, 07:26 AM
It looks like a recoloration of 2k2's tileset.

I think what would really make that beach shore look good is some seashells. See if you can add them to it, then it would look crazysexycool. ;)

G_yoshi
07-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Aknts
Spanky:

Sorry but tose GFX are terrible.. I mean te system GFX not te leel GFX.. Im sorry but man tey suck.

(Please excuse my typing errors were letters are missing.. my keyboar is broken)

Excuse me Captian Perfection but if you would've read a little more closely, I had said that they were not permenant. It's was an example to show where things would be...but I've changed it already so it looks different now.

Here's the new one (see attachment). Yes, its simple and blue...that is not the point...I'm just showing you what the general idea of it is and possibly how it will look in the end.

And I'm sorry, but it's not my responsibility to make sure everyone's PC is up-to-date with hardward and software :p Its because of people that do not even upgrade hardware that force many of us to suffer because Stefan focuses on making Graal playable for low-end users...that's nice, but I think the requirements for Graal should've been bumped up a long time ago. If you don't like the view, fine, but that is your problem, not mine...I enjoy it quite well.

G_yoshi
07-25-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Xbob42
It looks like a recoloration of 2k2's tileset.

I think what would really make that beach shore look good is some seashells. See if you can add them to it, then it would look crazysexycool. ;)

If you want to look at it like that, I suppose, but its not :p

No tiles were recolored in that image at all

Warcaptain
07-25-2002, 11:05 AM

maybe you got permission from stefan but...

when i attempted to use 3d terrains, i was shutdown temporarily....

nemesis said "graal2002 is one of a kind, nobody else can use 3d terrain"

maybe you got permission though so..

Aknts
07-25-2002, 06:16 PM

Excuse me Captian Perfection but if you would've read a little more closely, I had said that they were not permenant. It's was an example to show where things would be...but I've changed it already so it looks different now.

Here's the new one (see attachment). Yes, its simple and blue...that is not the point...I'm just showing you what the general idea of it is and possibly how it will look in the end.

And I'm sorry, but it's not my responsibility to make sure everyone's PC is up-to-date with hardward and software :p Its because of people that do not even upgrade hardware that force many of us to suffer because Stefan focuses on making Graal playable for low-end users...that's nice, but I think the requirements for Graal should've been bumped up a long time ago. If you don't like the view, fine, but that is your problem, not mine...I enjoy it quite well.
Spanky:

Umm I have a brand new computer.. if u were saying I didn't. If not don't worry about that but the GFX still suck. They don't even go with Graal period.

warp2ukew
07-25-2002, 09:34 PM

(Eban)
The menu and and all that needs way better gfx and yes you did say there not done but they look well wierd.

ArchAngelTCN_P2P
07-26-2002, 07:22 AM
I thought a 3d type terrain was illegal for PWs except 2002.

Well anyway, it looks great. I went to DK to check it out...I will say I don't like how the screen is set to widescreen. All that blackness kind of takes away from the playing since you can't see people around you that aren't in the rectangle of view.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what you do with DK.

G_yoshi
07-26-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Aknts

Spanky:

Umm I have a brand new computer.. if u were saying I didn't. If not don't worry about that but the GFX still suck. They don't even go with Graal period.

Hello? I said they are for generalizations only. No where did I say they were final, idiot :mad:

Yes, I know they suck, but that wasn't the point. I'm just showing off the display in general, the final graphics will be nice and shiny!

Salbutamol
07-28-2002, 04:33 AM

Hello? I said they are for generalizations only. No where did I say they were final, idiot :mad:

Yes, I know they suck, but that wasn't the point. I'm just showing off the display in general, the final graphics will be nice and shiny! whooooaaa, calm down yosh :)

Torankusu
07-28-2002, 04:57 AM
Spanky appears to be a damn idiot, excuse my language. How does Graal2002's tileset and bodies fit in, at ALL?

These tiles actually look nice.

G_yoshi
07-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Spanky appears to be a damn idiot, excuse my language. How does Graal2002's tileset and bodies fit in, at ALL?

These tiles actually look nice.

Heh, don't worry, we'll have custom bodies and the like too :)

However, because players will actually have to purchase equipment...personal shields and swords won't be allowed to an extent. I will allow players to make custom equipment so long its balanced...if its too strong or what not, then it will be hard to find or extremely expensive to purchase :x