PDA

View Full Version : My 2k2 suggestions

Ghost Pirate
07-24-2002, 05:54 AM
1: Change the Death, the whole dying without saving = lost of character stuff.
Suggestion: Make it somehting like player goes to hell and must travel around the mazes of hell to escape back to the normal world. Also cause death have a player drop a RANDOM item or two.
2: Spells, the command is great and all but problem. Its consfusing. And spells do way far radius and damage.
Suggestion: Add a spell/skill shortcut bar along the side somewhere or at the bottom hell. Have a spell book which stores all spells are stored in and you can move the spells to the shortcut and a player would have to click on the shortcut. A Spell casting gani could slow down the rate of spell firing. The Bigger the spell the longer casting takes! And location firing of all spells (so you can heal or help out other players)
3: Equpt and Inventory,
suggestion: Drag and Drop do it, do it now!
4: Damage and attacking,
Well I haven't exactly looked out all of the effects of weapons but heres a suggestion from what does in general
Suggestion: Good idea with failed above players head but also add numbers like - 2 to the other players head if you hit them (this would be applied with spells too) So you can do attacks and see how much damage your dealing

5: Burning hands and Icestorm
Burning hands could be the mages melee form of attack but its a radius attack! Make it so the mages hands are on fire and their hand combat has a added +# fire damage
IceStorm could be a radius attack at a focus point
Have a tornato of ice shards in one spot (maybe it can move) and would only last for awhile

Anyways these are my 2 cents. Take it or leave it I suppose

DragonX2
07-24-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate
1: Change the Death, the whole dying without saving = lost of character stuff.
Suggestion: Make it somehting like player goes to hell and must travel around the mazes of hell to escape back to the normal world. Also cause death have a player drop a RANDOM item or two.
Yes that sounds excellent, although if they have their items in a sack, it won't get dropped so that sack, has some use
2: Spells, the command is great and all but problem. Its consfusing. And spells do way far radius and damage.
Suggestion: Add a spell/skill shortcut bar along the side somewhere or at the bottom hell. Have a spell book which stores all spells are stored in and you can move the spells to the shortcut and a player would have to click on the shortcut. A Spell casting gani could slow down the rate of spell firing. The Bigger the spell the longer casting takes! And location firing of all spells (so you can heal or help out other players)
Good idea
3: Equipt and Inventory,
suggestion: Drag and Drop do it, do it now!
Good idea
4: Damage and attacking,
Well I haven't exactly looked out all of the effects of weapons but heres a suggestion from what does in general
Suggestion: Good idea with failed above players head but also add numbers like - 2 to the other players head if you hit them (this would be applied with spells too) So you can do attacks and see how much damage your dealing
Go into inventory, right click an item, it tells you how much damage it does

5: Burning hands and Icestorm
Burning hands could be the mages melee form of attack but its a radius attack! Make it so the mages hands are on fire and their hand combat has a added +# fire damage
IceStorm could be a radius attack at a focus point
Have a tornato of ice shards in one spot (maybe it can move) and would only last for awhile
Sounds nice even though I have no magic, I am swords all the way

Anyways these are my 2 cents. Take it or leave it I suppose

Hiker
07-24-2002, 07:30 AM
I concur.

cshank4
07-24-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by DragonX2
Sounds nice even though I have no magic, I am swords all the way

DragonX: I like swords
Guard: Walcome to palmolaria

DragonX2
07-24-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by cshank4

You like spamming, yes?

Hiyoshi
07-24-2002, 08:25 AM
Instead of saving there should be spawn points, or something of the sort. You go and press a spawn point, or what have you, and then when you die you spawn there.

When you die, instead of a grave stone popping up, your body should stay on the ground, and say, for the first 5 minutes your body is on the ground, it can't be looted so you can go and pick your stuff up off of your body, but after those 5 minutes, anything you dropped on your body when you died, people can loot.

cshank4
07-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DragonX2

You like spamming, yes?
it isnt spamming! ITS 8bit theater RE-ENACTMENT TIME!

Ghost Pirate
07-24-2002, 08:42 AM

it isnt spamming! ITS 8bit theater RE-ENACTMENT TIME!

Not in this thread please

cshank4
07-24-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate

Not in this thread please
k sorry
Ya nice ideas BTW

Dark-Dragoon
07-24-2002, 11:09 PM
Haha, that is funny. DragonX as fighter.
On topic, those are great ideas.
I should make an 8-Bit-Graal-Theatre, DragonX can be fighter. :p

cshank4
07-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Dark-Dragoon
Haha, that is funny. DragonX as fighter.
On topic, those are great ideas.
I should make an 8-Bit-Graal-Theatre, DragonX can be fighter. :p
I can be the evil mage that likes pie and cookies plus has the abbility to cast Icestorm and kill eeryone in the smith >=) O Topic, MAGE NEEDS A NERF

Tyhm
07-25-2002, 09:35 PM
I cast magic missle into the darkness!
Why?
Because I'm a mage of the light!

Dark-Dragoon
07-25-2002, 11:14 PM
Where'd i put me +5/+5 Hat of Valor.....There it is!
*dyes hair white*

GryffonDurime
07-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Who does that leave for me to be? Fine, I'll be white mage. * Pulls out an enormous hammer and a book of healing spells*

Er1c
07-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hiyoshi
Instead of saving there should be spawn points, or something of the sort. You go and press a spawn point, or what have you, and then when you die you spawn there.

When you die, instead of a grave stone popping up, your body should stay on the ground, and say, for the first 5 minutes your body is on the ground, it can't be looted so you can go and pick your stuff up off of your body, but after those 5 minutes, anything you dropped on your body when you died, people can loot. that's how i think it should work

magicbud3344
07-28-2002, 01:29 PM

guard:welcome to corneria
swords man:i like swords
black mage: swordsman isn't there something wrong if taht is all they say?....god your a *****
swordsman: oh i thought he was just being friendly

XD XD XD 8-bit theator rox but i am only on like page 90

adam
07-28-2002, 08:13 PM

When you die, instead of a grave stone popping up, your body should stay on the ground, and say, for the first 5 minutes your body is on the ground, it can't be looted so you can go and pick your stuff up off of your body, but after those 5 minutes, anything you dropped on your body when you died, people can loot.

5 minutes is way to short :(

What if you last saved 10 minutes away.....

It should be an hour. But you should regain your lost stats when you find it.

-----
Some would argue it's too similar to a certain other mmorpg....

Darksweeper
07-28-2002, 10:46 PM

yea thats a good idea have tons of bodies lying on the ground

brock128
07-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Darksweeper

yea thats a good idea have tons of bodies lying on the ground
If you don't have any items, you don't make a corpse.

Anyway, yea, make it so that you have an hour or so. Well, with speeds like this, make it 2 hours. D: