PDA

View Full Version : Solution to this forsaken side bar chat system

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-24-2002, 12:28 AM
I can't believe you guys didn't think they'd spam. No offense, but I couldn't care less if ssj_newbie_123 dies by the flames of ssj_gohan_killer. I don't care if he leaves the game or enters it, and I especially don't care when he starts spamming "I EAT BUFFALO WINGS" so my screen fills up with those little bars.

Solution: When you join a party have only the entering, leaving and shouts correspond ONLY to the people of your party.

For kingdoms, DISABLE TOGUILDS and use the shout system, including when someone in your kingdom dies, leaves or enters the game. At least instead of being filled with green bubbles all over the screen, we'll have the chatting going on at the side of the screen.

If none of the above will suffice, just get rid of the "this person died and entered" etc.

AlexH
07-24-2002, 12:49 AM
Yes it should be disabled.
I hate the spammers on it. :(
toalls are much more effective.

cshank4
07-24-2002, 01:24 AM
Spectre1337: I eat buffalo wings around 100000 times it almost made the server crash

Dark-Dragoon
07-24-2002, 01:30 AM
ALMOST? due to all of SpectreG4Y's shenanigans the dangumed server crashed!

cshank4
07-24-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Dark-Dragoon
ALMOST? due to all of SpectreG4Y's shenanigans the dangumed server crashed!
Can I use my hammer? Hammers are nice! I bought a new hammer, hammers are for killing idiots like that freak spectre! Please lemme use my hammer! My hammer likes bashing things!

Dark-Dragoon
07-24-2002, 04:33 AM
Whoa there. We should slowly kill him, its worse that way ::evil grin::

Hiyoshi
07-24-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
I can't believe you guys didn't think they'd spam. No offense, but I couldn't care less if ssj_newbie_123 dies by the flames of ssj_gohan_killer. I don't care if he leaves the game or enters it, and I especially don't care when he starts spamming "I EAT BUFFALO WINGS" so my screen fills up with those little bars.

Solution: When you join a party have only the entering, leaving and shouts correspond ONLY to the people of your party.

For kingdoms, DISABLE TOGUILDS and use the shout system, including when someone in your kingdom dies, leaves or enters the game. At least instead of being filled with green bubbles all over the screen, we'll have the chatting going on at the side of the screen.

If none of the above will suffice, just get rid of the "this person died and entered" etc.

That sounds like a perfect solution. I agree with you 100%, and on top of everything, toalls are much better than that horrible chat system because they can't be disabled.

adam
07-26-2002, 02:22 AM
killed died enters and leaves messages should only be heard if the player is nearby,.

AlexH
07-26-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by adam
killed died enters and leaves messages should only be heard if the player is nearby,.

Be better not to.
I don't think anyone really cares if so and so has died.
It's okay to see if someone on your buddy list has logged in but not every player on the server.
Chat on it is bad and should be removed, toalls are fine.
Some of the info is okay though telling you what item you've picked up or touch the item to get it because some items are hidden behind trees, houses and can't been seen.