PDA

View Full Version : npc-server auto-dc makes pw managers MAD

Warcaptain
07-23-2002, 06:46 AM
well this is the like 6th time npc-server has dced automaticly.

and its all the same reason, just in different circumstances.
negative x,y's in controlnpc for placing thigns with actionprojectiles.

well thats not the MAIN problem (problem it is, but not main)

main problem is, that every time its gone down its taken up to 2 weeks eachtime to get it back up.

and now, stefans on vacation, and unixmad told me hed do it in a few minutes last night, well its a couple hundred minutes later and its not done.

WE NEED A WAY TO RESTART NPC-SERVER ON OUR OWN!!!!

Ive said it a million times.
My staff have project due dates, and if they dont finish it by that date THEY LOSE THEIR JOB.
and when npc-server is down, it delays everything WEEKS because they have to spend a few days catching up, then working what they did without npc-server into old npc-server work.

I can fix the problem that caused crashing if I could just get it back up.

But it takes weeks to get it up.
This is a problem tht wont fly for that long, and Im sure plenty of PW managers will end up removing npc-server because of it.

Graal518
07-23-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Warcaptain
well this is the like 6th time npc-server has dced automaticly.

and its all the same reason, just in different circumstances.
negative x,y's in controlnpc for placing thigns with actionprojectiles.

well thats not the MAIN problem (problem it is, but not main)

main problem is, that every time its gone down its taken up to 2 weeks eachtime to get it back up.

and now, stefans on vacation, and unixmad told me hed do it in a few minutes last night, well its a couple hundred minutes later and its not done.

Ive said it a million times.
My staff have project due dates, and f they dont finish it by that date THEY LOSE THEIR JOB.
and when npc-server is down, it delays everything WEEKS because they have to spend a few days catching up, then working what they did without npc-server into old npc-server work.

I can fix the problem that caused crashing if I could just get it back up.

This is a problem tht wont fly for that long, and Im sure plenty of PW managers will end up removing npc-server because of it.
Harsh.
-Wind

royce
07-23-2002, 06:54 AM
Ouch

thrashsoul
07-23-2002, 06:57 AM
That has to hurt :D

Shadow Knight
07-23-2002, 06:59 AM
evildred144:

Funny... Krynns npc server has never crashed with shadow knight scripting on it :confused:

Max-imus
07-23-2002, 07:07 AM

I completely agree with you.

Warcaptain
07-23-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Knight
evildred144:

Funny... Krynns npc server has never crashed with shadow knight scripting on it :confused:

and also ive seen krynn

IT HAS NO NPC'S

*smacks*

Warcaptain
07-23-2002, 07:14 AM
and also

our project is much further along than you smart one

our systems are 50% done

and 2k2's npc-server crashes alot
and stefan and er1c made teh scripts for that

you are saying that er1c and stefan arent half as talented as your precious Shadow Knight

shadow knight takes other peopel scripts and makes it his own after he upps it a bit.

dont you dare insult my scripting skills ive worked so hard to improve.

ive had non stop compliments on my systems and my scripting, from everyone, including graal administration.

DONT INSULT ME OK?

Python523
07-23-2002, 07:15 AM
in warcaptain's situation it's more of something that shouldnt be in the npc server auto-disconnect feature, which is negative values of x/y things etc etc...in delteria's case it's mostly stupidity from the staff but a way for playerworld managers to reboot the npc server would be nice, but possibly out of the question, they would need (probably) direct access to the database it's on and they would have to know how to work it, if an npc that disconnects it was rebooted along with the npc server, it would just be disconnected again

Shadow Knight
07-23-2002, 07:41 AM
and also

our project is much further along than you smart one

our systems are 50% done

and 2k2's npc-server crashes alot
and stefan and er1c made teh scripts for that

you are saying that er1c and stefan arent half as talented as your precious Shadow Knight

shadow knight takes other peopel scripts and makes it his own after he upps it a bit.

dont you dare insult my scripting skills ive worked so hard to improve.

ive had non stop compliments on my systems and my scripting, from everyone, including graal administration.

DONT INSULT ME OK?

Evildred144:

Shadow Knight doesnt steal his scripts , if he did i doubt he would be a scripter on 2k1.

Torankusu
07-23-2002, 08:14 AM
hahaha.
I don't know, but SK said warcaptain logged onto Eclipse with an RC and stole all of the NPCs. He was pretty pissed and telling us about it on 2001.

Warcaptain
07-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Knight

Evildred144:

Shadow Knight doesnt steal his scripts , if he did i doubt he would be a scripter on 2k1.

i didnt say he STOLE

i said he takes other scripts and improves on them.

and he hasnt done ANYTHING for 2k1

Lyndzey
07-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Didn't Stefan say there were like 5 scripters and such working for Graal?

I think there should be a couple more people like unixmad and Stefan that are able to handle these situations, and people we can contact.

thrashsoul
07-23-2002, 08:20 AM
ya but u probably have to have direct acces to the server,work a cyberjouers office ;)

Warcaptain
07-23-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey
Didn't Stefan say there were like 5 scripters and such working for Graal?

I think there should be a couple more people like unixmad and Stefan that are able to handle these situations, and people we can contact.

there probably is, and when we find out stefan or unixmad will be like "theyve beena round for a year, why didnt you just ask them"

-_-

Max-imus
07-23-2002, 11:14 AM

there probably is, and when we find out stefan or unixmad will be like "theyve beena round for a year, why didnt you just ask them"

-_-

heh

bigkow44
07-24-2002, 11:26 AM
If Pw managers are trusted to manage their own server, why are they not trusted to manage their own npc server is the question....

Cid_Night
07-24-2002, 12:22 PM

and also ive seen krynn

IT HAS NO NPC'S

*smacks*

wow...that is indeed....harsh

Shadow Knight
07-24-2002, 01:10 PM
having a fully functional mouse system ( you use the mouse for everything and only use the keyboard for chating). A new battlesytem , new character features , new password system , new account features. This all takes time. We want it uploaded at once. Not where it looks stupid. Stefan knows this and thats why Krynn/Eclipse isnt tooken down.

Warcaptain
07-24-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
hahaha.
I don't know, but SK said warcaptain logged onto Eclipse with an RC and stole all of the NPCs. He was pretty pissed and telling us about it on 2001.

wts?

i just saw this.

palin gave me the reg. value for KA's account and i logged on player to see wat it was like.

and nothing was there.

dont see whats there i coulda stolen even if i could have gotten on rc (i couldnt cuz client reg values are different for rc reg)

so sk, stop lying ur ass off cuz ur mad ur secruity sucks.

Xbob42
07-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Setting a bad example of a playerworld manager.

CyberX
07-24-2002, 09:53 PM

Yay, someone thinks like I do...

Milkdude99
07-25-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by bigkow44
If Pw managers are trusted to manage their own server, why are they not trusted to manage their own npc server is the question.... errrrrrr well that might apply to some of them... but just look back at recent history and that may answer your question for you ..... ummmm like umm Maloria again having its levels deleted for the 4th or 5 th time already...:rolleyes:
There has been so much crap going on , on these PWs at the top , if you were them would you trust them to have access to it considering the track record of some?? Hah I wouldn't , but that is just my opinion. *shugs*

azuretek23
07-25-2002, 11:21 PM
well I dont know how their NPC servers work but if it goes offline they can just make some command to restart it or somethin...

like /resetnpcserver er somethin...

I would assume it isnt that hard... since unixmad and stefan restart npc servers so often for delteria....

MysticHasteP2P_2
07-26-2002, 05:43 PM
WarCaptain: I do agree that you SHOULD have Access to boot the npcserver somehow, But I disagree with the way you have presented your request here, Your supposed to be a PW manager, not a whining raving *****.

Torankusu
07-28-2002, 01:57 PM
I think the NPCserver for Graal2002 is a beta one. I've noticed it hasn't gone offline yet. It might stay up so that you can fix the bugs manually, or do it itself over a period of time.

Python523
07-28-2002, 02:10 PM
unix usually takes the npc server down when he fixes it tho, what basically happens now isnt bad scripting, it's just an overload of NPCs, maybe stefan and unixmad could look into something like duel NPC servers, before an npc executes the script, it sends the request and whatever npcserver responds first, it runs it

Nitkizi
07-28-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Python523
unix usually takes the npc server down when he fixes it tho, what basically happens now isnt bad scripting, it's just an overload of NPCs, maybe stefan and unixmad could look into something like duel NPC servers, before an npc executes the script, it sends the request and whatever npcserver responds first, it runs it

Are you mad person!? Doesn't one lag enough!? *cries* :(

Chaos0838
07-28-2002, 09:00 PM
GraalBR/BadReligion:

Lets all Face facts.
Warcaptain is always bored so he plays around with the NPC server a bit but d/c's it by mistake

Poogle
07-29-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
I think the NPCserver for Graal2002 is a beta one. I've noticed it hasn't gone offline yet. It might stay up so that you can fix the bugs manually, or do it itself over a period of time. It was down just this morning.