PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Cars


Milkdude99
07-22-2002, 08:45 AM
Yes Bumper Cars have come to Npulse !

Level was done by Arcadius and modified by Sparker and scripted by Sparker , the GFX was done by Weirdpicaku (sp) Sorry I know I misspelled his name, but I want him to get credit for his work.
attached is a screenshot. All those wanting to check it out it is on the warp ring on Npulse, this was done because it is not connected to Npulse yet , not until the Amusement Park Island is done.

Xbob42
07-22-2002, 09:30 AM
Looks like futuristic hover cars. The level is okay. I know Arcadius could do better levels than that though. I'll check it out next time I pass through NP.

DarkHero2002
07-22-2002, 09:46 AM
me too, it looks cool!

*dances* YESH FINALLY I REACH 500 POSTS!!!!! HAW HAW

Torankusu
07-22-2002, 10:11 AM
you should use the graal2001 race tiles.

Faheria_LAT3
07-22-2002, 11:02 AM
mmmmkay: Faheria bumper pods rock those. ;D

weirdpikachu2
07-22-2002, 11:08 AM
*shakes head* my work... my gfx! gah... i wanted my work to bother people and pester them when people use them everywhere... like i did when i gave it to moonie to be used as a horse... but now as a bumper car in one confined level!? ughhh

here's a few problems i find
- can only bump into walls
- even when you bump.. you just warp to the place before you bumped Oo
- you cant bump into other people
- you cant bump into the blocks!
- the bumper cars dont even accelerate or decelerate
- 25 gralat a ride!? thats preposterous! :grrr:

trying allowing it to be a pk level... maybe then you can bump into other players taking notice that you can only use other players as solid items in PK levels ~.~

RavenTelvecho
07-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT3
mmmmkay: Faheria bumper pods rock those. ;D so tru

Spectre1337
07-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by RavenTelvecho
so tru
Moon God asked me for help scripting that but never sent me the script so I could fix it.. But it looked fine for the 5 minutes I got to ride around and bop on stuff

Max-imus
07-22-2002, 01:35 PM
You should make the bumper cars free to ride, so you can benefit from the players who have never played on your playerworld before and just want to ride the bumper cars... Because the players may go there, see that you need money, and then leave, but if they are free they would go there, play on them for a while, then if they like it they may explore the rest of your playerworld.

Neglegence2002
07-22-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Max-imus
You should make the bumper cars free to ride, so you can benefit from the players who have never played on your playerworld before and just want to ride the bumper cars... Because the players may go there, see that you need money, and then leave, but if they are free they would go there, play on them for a while, then if they like it they may explore the rest of your playerworld.

good point, i also dont see a point in charging people, especially 25g PER RIDE maybe 25g for like a ticket into the amusement park and then all the rides are free for a few days until you have to buy new ticket

DuoTCN
07-22-2002, 04:04 PM
lol, 25g is like pocket change on N-pulse, just go bomb a bushfield. ;)

haunter
07-23-2002, 12:39 AM
Those "cars" looks ALOT like Ghosts from Halo...

Frolic_RC2
07-23-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by haunter
Those "cars" looks ALOT like Ghosts from Halo...

ROFLOL that made me laugh so hard, you dare compare something with some of the best graphics in computers, and also something completely different dimension (hehe, 3d to 2d =/) to those. Wow, I hope you were joking.

Milkdude99
07-23-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Max-imus
You should make the bumper cars free to ride, so you can benefit from the players who have never played on your playerworld before and just want to ride the bumper cars... Because the players may go there, see that you need money, and then leave, but if they are free they would go there, play on them for a while, then if they like it they may explore the rest of your playerworld. All the rides will go to support the Events (its our ETs) and the events they do , all the rides on the Amusement Park will , this is to try to make the money ecomony of the server self sustaining , when all the rides are up and more things are put up for the players to make money , there will be a money reset and all the money from bushes ect... will go away. Then it will not be so easy as it is now to have alot on money. Yes right now 25g's is pocket change and easy to attain but that will not last forever. And yes the tiles sux , I know that but were better than what was there, and you "can" bump into other players on it , its just with the NPC server lag the bump is late and we will try to work it out so it is a little more realistic.

Milkdude99
07-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT3
mmmmkay: Faheria bumper pods rock those. ;D Never been there I will have to check it out...;)

Frolic_RC2
07-23-2002, 01:43 AM
Ugh...it pains me to see this...I would offer to script one where you bump into the other players and such things...well I mean I would be annoyed if I was the player and I drive around, and you hit a wall only to be warp a bit farther back. I would say

"wtf is this *** crap?"

Ok anywho...I suggest it gets fixed =P.

haunter
07-23-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Frolic_RC2


ROFLOL that made me laugh so hard, you dare compare something with some of the best graphics in computers, and also something completely different dimension (hehe, 3d to 2d =/) to those. Wow, I hope you were joking.


No, i wasn't. If you look at a Ghost in Halo from the side it looks similar to that hover bumper bike thing. Im not saying they looks as GOOD as the ones in halo, im just saying they look the same, I made (or attempted to make) Pixel versions of the Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, and SHADE Guns from halo...

haunter
07-23-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Never been there I will have to check it out...;)

Like to see you try, you can't even play there, it kicks you out...

Darlene159
07-23-2002, 03:14 AM
you know what, its really sad to see people trash other playerworlds for their work, sad to see playerworlds thinking their work is so much better than other playerworlds work, and what is even sadder is that I have grown used to it, and it doesnt even bother me near as much anymore, just makes me sad....it would kill some people to congratulate someone on something, maybe give a few suggestions to make it better. This outright trashing is bullshit...The only comfort I get is that these people that do the trashing will not get very far with their attitudes because they are not in the least bit interested in helping graal, just helping themselves. Well, good luck to "those" people, you will need it, and you know who you are :)

DuoTCN
07-23-2002, 06:18 AM
She's got a point there. -.-;

AlexH
07-23-2002, 06:24 AM
Looks nice.
I'll have to check it out some time.
Only being able to bump into walls seems a little disapointing though.
Hopefull it gets updated to players too. :)

WHIPENIE4
07-23-2002, 08:33 AM
(X-Mann)

i really dont like them :/

Neglegence2002
07-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DuoTCN
She's got a point there. -.-;

Yes she does, and she used a bad word thats a first I think

BeZeRkEr
07-23-2002, 11:07 AM
nah shes cussed before

Neglegence2002
07-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr
nah shes cussed before

oh really? well then i havent heard her...

DuoTCN
07-23-2002, 12:44 PM
I've never heard her cuss before either, but anger is blinding. ;)

JrTerrorist
08-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Xbob42
Looks like futuristic hover cars. The level is okay. I know Arcadius could do better levels than that though. I'll check it out next time I pass through NP.

Criminal knows me too well x.x

Actually the tiles I made for the bumper cars made Moon Goddess's eyes water.

(I mixed the two tiles for the base that holds pots and make this really cool sorta seiure tile 0.0 im thinking of using it in Everworld's ban level...bwahahahah!)

Chaos0838
08-08-2002, 08:07 PM
GraalBR/BadReligion:

And ive recolored some of those bumper thingys for MG good gfx though.

Im also making 80% of the GFX for Fun Land <3. Redwizard is doing some also <3

JrTerrorist
08-09-2002, 07:04 AM
OMG this is the best bumper car gfx ever!
Done in MS paint!

Nitkizi
08-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JrTerrorist
OMG this is the best bumper car gfx ever!
Done in MS paint!

OMG, ILL PAY YOU 43895740329175089345 DOLLARS SO THAT I CAN USE THAT ON MY SERVER:D

magicbud3344
08-09-2002, 10:35 AM
agreed that does look alot like the ghost

Eban
08-09-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Yes Bumper Cars have come to Npulse !

Level was done by Arcadius and modified by Sparker and scripted by Sparker , the GFX was done by Weirdpicaku (sp) Sorry I know I misspelled his name, but I want him to get credit for his work.
attached is a screenshot. All those wanting to check it out it is on the warp ring on Npulse, this was done because it is not connected to Npulse yet , not until the Amusement Park Island is done.

I dun like it, k?

JrTerrorist
08-09-2002, 05:57 PM
One opinion doesnt matter very much
In my opinion XD

Originally posted by Nitkizi


OMG, ILL PAY YOU 43895740329175089345 DOLLARS SO THAT I CAN USE THAT ON MY SERVER:D

Sorry, not for sale, I spent miliseconds, SECONDS even on that one gfx.

MysticHasteP2P_2
08-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Moongoddess, stfu the majority of people don't insult, Either way if they specify why they don't like it, its constructive critism, Remember me? You fired me after I abused you for not giving me work, when you were "LAT Captain" yeah screw you.

You got all pissed off cause I kept "whining" for work, so I abused the **** out of you and you were like "well your fired" THEN you brang out the "elite" npulse map, that noone liked and ruined npulse forever.

JrTerrorist
08-10-2002, 12:08 AM
O_O...

Im not gonna say anything...

Nitkizi
08-10-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by MysticHasteP2P_2
Moongoddess, stfu the majority of people don't insult, Either way if they specify why they don't like it, its constructive critism, Remember me? You fired me after I abused you for not giving me work, when you were "LAT Captain" yeah screw you.

You got all pissed off cause I kept "whining" for work, so I abused the **** out of you and you were like "well your fired" THEN you brang out the "elite" npulse map, that noone liked and ruined npulse forever.

Omg, I didn't know you were staff at NP, omg, Mystic = genius :(

JrTerrorist
08-10-2002, 12:37 AM
O.o he told me he was staff but I forgot -.-
I never remembered seeing him on his staff acct...

Milkdude99
08-10-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Nitkizi


Omg, I didn't know you were staff at NP, omg, Mystic = genius :( Yea he was Staff a year and a half ago.......

JrTerrorist
08-10-2002, 04:35 AM
Thats leik, a while ago o.0

PurgatoryIE
08-10-2002, 04:47 AM
It's nice to see other people agree with me when I say the Moon God's ruin N-Pulse everyday.

Torankusu
08-10-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by JrTerrorist
o.o... I'm going to have to ask you to READ THE RULES.

LilNiglet
08-10-2002, 05:32 AM
The script is horrible. It's just crap.

Xbob42
08-10-2002, 05:38 AM
Um. I'm really confused. How in the world does that thing look like a ghost?

MysticHasteP2P_2
08-10-2002, 05:50 AM
Sorry moon god, I meant no offense to you, In fact the more stuff I read about you the more I like you, your counter-part on the other hand is the opposite, I couldn't beleive that I was fired for WANTING MORE WORK, Do you know how stupid that sounds? Or am I the only Admin who thinks Staff wanting work is great -_-

Anyway, can we get off this subject the post was about the cool looking hover bumper car things.

haunter
08-10-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Xbob42
Um. I'm really confused. How in the world does that thing look like a ghost?

When we say Ghost we mean as in a vehicule you can use on the video game Halo for the XBox.

MysticHasteP2P_2
08-10-2002, 06:24 AM
OOOH NOW I get it!!!!
lol I was going [email protected]!#?

I remember them things they had odd handling -i think >.>-

Torankusu
08-10-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by haunter


When we say Ghost we mean as in a vehicule you can use on the video game Halo for the XBox. ghosts are much prettier. and they are purple.

JrTerrorist
08-10-2002, 12:45 PM
silly Torankusu, trix are for kids.

(Ghosts are yellow o.O)

Milkdude99
08-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by PurgatoryIE
It's nice to see other people agree with me when I say the Moon God's ruin N-Pulse everyday. Yes all you EX-Staff fired for abuse do ....:rolleyes:

PurgatoryIE
08-11-2002, 02:37 AM
*****, i wasn't fired by you or anyone else, I quit because queen beedoe and her disconnecting spree.

weirdpikachu2
08-11-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Yes all you EX-Staff fired for abuse do ....:rolleyes:

thats only HALF true... I do agree that you and moonie ruined npulse, BUT apparently, according to moonie... i quit and wasnt fired. it was all like

me: why'd you fire me?
her: fired? it was obvious you didnt want to work here anymore... i more or less assumed you quit

and also... abuse? how is protesting and disagreeing with what you do considered abuse? its more or less trying to get you to actually THINK for once on how you could change npulse for the better for the players rather than how to change it so people wont bicker that your not doing anything. :rolleyes:

rabble rabble!

Darlene159
08-11-2002, 02:47 AM
hmm, I see Shavo isnt banned from the forums anymore...or did he sneak by it and just make another account? I will tell you one thing, I am not your door mat, so wipe your grungy feet somewhere else :(
Oh well...

MysticHaste, I dont remember what happened when you were staff, but I do remember that I couldnt do much as LAT Captain back then, everything had to go through the chief. It was also a frustrating time for me as well

As for the bumper cars, they do need some work on the scripting, We are aware of that, it could be better

Darlene159
08-11-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2


thats only HALF true... I do agree that you and moonie ruined npulse, BUT apparently, according to moonie... i quit and wasnt fired. it was all like

me: why'd you fire me?
her: fired? it was obvious you didnt want to work here anymore... i more or less assumed you quit

and also... abuse? how is protesting and disagreeing with what you do considered abuse? its more or less trying to get you to actually THINK for once on how you could change npulse for the better for the players rather than how to change it so people wont bicker that your not doing anything. :rolleyes:

rabble rabble!

Oh yes, another person running around picketing to get us fired because they dont like the idea of adults who follow the rules that stefan set up running a PW
Cry me a river..........

PurgatoryIE
08-11-2002, 02:50 AM
Moon Goddess, I did not direct one post towards you, so stop trying to start a conflict and get your attention-seeking self a life, because I'm not going to start a conflict with you, because thats what you want so you can make yourself look like the victim, that's what you do, and it's never going to change. People change, but obviously you do not.

weirdpikachu2
08-11-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by PurgatoryIE
Moon Goddess, I did not direct one post towards you, so stop trying to start a conflict and get your attention-seeking self a life, because I'm not going to start a conflict with you, because thats what you want so you can make yourself look like the victim, that's what you do, and it's never going to change. People change, but obviously you do not.

Agreed. Moonie's paranoid that other people know more about what they're doing than she does. :rolleyes:

Darlene159
08-11-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by PurgatoryIE
It's nice to see other people agree with me when I say the Moon God's ruin N-Pulse everyday.


really shavo?
whats this post, a typo?
sheesh, I rest my case, and we are done here, please continue talking about the bumpercars, or have the thread closed, thank you

weirdpikachu2
08-11-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Darlene159


whats this post, a typo?
sheesh, I rest my case, and we are done here, please continue talking about the bumpercars, or have the thread closed, thank you

its not exactly your case to rest, now is it? he was never trying to start conflict with you and you just decided to start a hissy-fit because he doesnt seem to agree with you. :rolleyes:

I do not like the bumper cars. :grrr:

Darlene159
08-11-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2


its not exactly your case to rest, now is it? he was never trying to start conflict with you and you just decided to start a hissy-fit because he doesnt seem to agree with you. :rolleyes:

I do not like the bumper cars. :grrr:

last post unless its about the bumpercars.....
weirdpikachu, he was refering to both of us, so I have a right to reply...you on the other hand have no reason to reply since your name isnt shavo, so butt out
bye now

weirdpikachu2
08-11-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Darlene159


weirdpikachu, he was refering to both of us, so I have a right to reply...you on the other hand have no reason to reply since your name isnt shavo, so butt out
bye now

let's look at a few facts about this here:
1. He was refering to both of you, but what you say in a way refers to me since i have the same ideas and opinions. It's like those democrats calling some republican a bush-worshipper and then another stepping in to testify on hsi behalf as well.
2. Obviously, my name is not shavo. However, saying I have no reason to reply controdicts yourself since you had no reason to reply as well to shavo's original post.
3. You have no idea what your talking about and are just making small remarks which seem logical to you.

And for the sake of the bumpercars topic, they seriously need to be better scripted and I would much rather perfer that you just remove them until they're repaired.

Darlene159
08-11-2002, 03:12 AM
sorry, the bumpercars wont be removed, but will be worked on
If people dont like them right now, just dont play on them, thanks

Faheria_GP4
08-11-2002, 03:13 AM
Im gonna have to agree. Those do look pretty bad..........no offense. Faheria's are pretty good ^_~. and by the way ghosts are purple. If there not buy a new TV.

weirdpikachu2
08-11-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Darlene159
sorry, the bumpercars wont be removed, but will be worked on
If people dont like them right now, just dont play on them, thanks

i didnt say removed for good. i said temporarily be removed or disabled until they're fixed. otherwise, people will just have more to critisize about.

PurgatoryIE
08-11-2002, 03:36 AM
On the subject of bumper cars... i went on n-pulse the other day on a trial account with sage chaozu.... he gave me 25 rupee's or whatever... sucked. Make them make you go faster, and actually have some bumpage, and make crash-graphics when you bump into each other, such as the vehicle tips downwards some and comes to a stop, and plays the boing sound when you use jumpropes XD

Milkdude99
08-11-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by PurgatoryIE
On the subject of bumper cars... i went on n-pulse the other day on a trial account with sage chaozu.... he gave me 25 rupee's or whatever... sucked. Make them make you go faster, and actually have some bumpage, and make crash-graphics when you bump into each other, such as the vehicle tips downwards some and comes to a stop, and plays the boing sound when you use jumpropes XD These are valid points and no they are not scripted like I would like to have seen them done , but be that as it is , it will be looked at and I have some ideas on why it doesn't "bump" right against those objects that are on and I will try another gfx to use as well as get Sparker to revamp the script. as for disabling them , well I don't think that is warrented at this time because it is not a problem with the NPC Server or really "bugged" just not a real good script...

weirdpikachu2
08-11-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
These are valid points and no they are not scripted like I would like to have seen them done , but be that as it is , it will be looked at and I have some ideas on why it doesn't "bump" right against those objects that are on and I will try another gfx to use as well as get Sparker to revamp the script. as for disabling them , well I don't think that is warrented at this time because it is not a problem with the NPC Server or really "bugged" just not a real good script...

OR you can try making it a PK levels so other players are detected as solid, giving something to force a bump against ~.~

Sparker3000
08-11-2002, 10:28 AM
The bumper cars are a little bit better now. There's a new gani for when you bump into wall/blocks/people, and if you keep the key "d" pressed and the direction key pressed too you boost the speed of it, tomorrow I will do some work, like uploading the sound for when you bump, low the price, put the instuctions of it etc... I'm sure it's better than it was before, and I think we need to replace the blocks with tires, I think they will look pretty better than those blocks. I want to say thanks for who liked it before or who didn't like it that replied as an human. I'm sure that descent people don't pay attention for the kids that are on the forums, with suggestions we can make anything we want better. For who wants to know, I don't care about things like "y0 j00 its a crwap, it sux0rs remowev it n0w, me wants it rem0ved now" That makes you looking stupid, we can have oppinions, not that.

JrTerrorist
08-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Make a stupid bumping sound like a cartoon sound like *BOING* or something...

PurgatoryIE
08-12-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by JrTerrorist
Make a stupid bumping sound like a cartoon sound like *BOING* or something...

Already said that =/

Milkdude99
08-12-2002, 07:10 AM
It has a BOING sound now

JrTerrorist
08-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Bah, Boing sound = err....its not the same cartoon boing i was expecting x.x