PDA

View Full Version : Small RoK house tile preview


Brad
07-21-2002, 11:17 PM
The grass tiles you see with it aren't our tiles. I'm just showing a small preview of the house tiles so you can see how the basic buildings will look like...

Inphektid
07-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Kinda small...the char is bigger than the door. :p

Brad
07-21-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Inphektid
Kinda small...the char is bigger than the door. :p

Bleh, I know. I don't know what to do though :/

Aknts
07-21-2002, 11:35 PM
Maybe make small players? :p

Is it me, or does that chimney look like the design was based off of Oasis' chimney? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I guess I'm the only one that notices these things.

Oh well, not like I'm telling you not to use it. I was just pointing it out ahead of time so you can be prepared for Oasis fans to curse you to no end. :D

Brad
07-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Aknts
Maybe make small players? :p

Is it me, or does that chimney look like the design was based off of Oasis' chimney? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I guess I'm the only one that notices these things.

Oh well, not like I'm telling you not to use it. I was just pointing it out ahead of time so you can be prepared for Oasis fans to curse you to no end. :D

I've never seen oasis tiles except for the one where theres a house and a sign :/

I am probally gonna quit my server project anyways, I just decided I'd post this.

Aknts
07-21-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Brad


I've never seen oasis tiles except for the one where theres a house and a sign :/

I am probally gonna quit my server project anyways, I just decided I'd post this.

Why quit? :confused:

Brad
07-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Aknts


Why quit? :confused:

It's a pointless project. I CAN'T go up to other servers that are coming out soon. I'll be blown away by things like Oasis, so I say just screw starting a server, maybe just join one along the line.

Aknts
07-22-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Brad


It's a pointless project. I CAN'T go up to other servers that are coming out soon. I'll be blown away by things like Oasis, so I say just screw starting a server, maybe just join one along the line.

That probably isn't a bad idea. Unless you have some killer people helping you that are just as devoted to the playerworld as you are, you're going to have a hard time. It's hell for me with Oasis. It's a lot of work and I'm the only one doing any of it.

Most everyone wants to make their own playerworld to run but it isn't as fun and easy as it sounds. Pretty much all the people I had contributing stuff to Oasis either never contributed anything, or gave up shortly after. Kaimetsu scripted the basic ring inventory, and helped me with some scripting questions when I was adding the subrings and storing strings and stuff. Lots of people have contributed ideas to me, but ideas aren't going to create themselves.

I think anyone that wants to own a playerworld and create it from scratch, should get used to owning one by working on someone elses. I have had experience with 2k1 for nearly the entire year that my account was upgraded. So I know what needs to be done. Good luck to you though. As much as it's wonderful to see all these pw's popping up, it's bad because out of every 100 pw projects that are started, only a handful actually get online.

Frolic_RC2
07-22-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Aknts


That probably isn't a bad idea. Unless you have some killer people helping you that are just as devoted to the playerworld as you are, you're going to have a hard time. It's hell for me with Oasis. It's a lot of work and I'm the only one doing any of it.

Most everyone wants to make their own playerworld to run but it isn't as fun and easy as it sounds. Pretty much all the people I had contributing stuff to Oasis either never contributed anything, or gave up shortly after. Kaimetsu scripted the basic ring inventory, and helped me with some scripting questions when I was adding the subrings and storing strings and stuff. Lots of people have contributed ideas to me, but ideas aren't going to create themselves.

I think anyone that wants to own a playerworld and create it from scratch, should get used to owning one by working on someone elses. I have had experience with 2k1 for nearly the entire year that my account was upgraded. So I know what needs to be done. Good luck to you though. As much as it's wonderful to see all these pw's popping up, it's bad because out of every 100 pw projects that are started, only a handful actually get online.

Wow...weird posted same time I made new thread saying the same thing...

Anywho, I agree with this completely. The only reason I managed to start a good PW was because it wasn't ALWAYS good. In the beginning of Murasamune history, and around graal version 1.4, I began making a PW. Back then the forums were not to big as far as I recall, and no one could really register, so I didn't even look at them...I just worked on my PW with Viktor and Kaelink. Eventually, Kaelink stopped working on it and it was just me and Viktor. We kept working, got better and better...eventually I joined the UDF guild and saw W-Dragoon was starting a PW. Told him about ours and he joined the crew...from there we worked for a while, and eventually Viktor became inactive, so it was just me and W-Dragoon. Btw, Murasamune has been redone several times by now because of our progression in skills. Then for about 2 months (about 8 or so months already passed if I remember right) 2 months or until g2k1 was released we were working, and even after g2k1 we were working, we just began showing work. So total we redid everything like 12 times, each time we gained more skill and learned more about what a PW needs.

Oh yeah, that good ol' pw making days, when you needed a website and to be on the top 50 or whatever to get known...

Anywho, some of my dates may be off, I'm just going off of memory...but remember, if you have NO experiance whatsoever, no days it is best just to not be known, and you should just practice...or you should just join another PW project and learn.

All I got to say =P.

Tohz
07-22-2002, 12:38 AM
Owww.. Those weird posts are sad :(

Torankusu
07-22-2002, 01:06 AM
yuck. :(

TriNe_351
07-23-2002, 04:29 AM
lol that might be good for a treehouse =P but other then that Yuck=(

Faheria_LAT3
07-23-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Aknts
Maybe make small players? :p

Is it me, or does that chimney look like the design was based off of Oasis' chimney? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I guess I'm the only one that notices these things.

Oh well, not like I'm telling you not to use it. I was just pointing it out ahead of time so you can be prepared for Oasis fans to curse you to no end. :D

:rolleyes:

Neglegence2002
07-23-2002, 09:39 AM
Its a bit small, but smaller chars would be cool, you could fit more in each level...And also, don't give up, I can't tell you how many times I have had to stop making my pw (I stopped counting at like 20 because it made me sad) but I am still trying because I say to myself, someday you may succeed. And besides its good practice for making levels and graphics and stuff.

Artificial_Sweetener
07-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Brad


It's a pointless project. I CAN'T go up to other servers that are coming out soon. I'll be blown away by things like Oasis, so I say just screw starting a server, maybe just join one along the line.
Come join rhune :)

Torankusu, roy, and maybe Mr. Glub Glub are already helping..