PDA

View Full Version : Providence is Out!!!

draygin
07-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Go log on and see everything is out. :)

Beachbum
07-20-2002, 11:58 PM
Nothing new cept the stats :rolleyes: :o

draygin
07-21-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Beachbum
Nothing new cept the stats :rolleyes: :o

Show's what the hell you know. You have to be on for more than 30 seconds. :rolleyes:

TheFrozenFiend
07-21-2002, 12:25 AM
I was waiting for 2002 to LET ME MOVE but Ill visit providence while I'm waiting.

draygin
07-21-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by draygin

Show's what the hell you know. You have to be on for more than 30 seconds. We specifically said we where using old overworld. But there are alot of changes on it. If you would take the time to actually get out of the starting town and stop your crying for a bit. :rolleyes:

TheFrozenFiend
07-21-2002, 12:28 AM
Have the abilities classes get been changed at all?

draygin
07-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by TheFrozenFiend
Have the abilities classes get been changed at all?

Yes we have many of the old npc's and many new ones. But some such as lock pick is a type of mini quest. Others require you to be a certain level etc..

TheFrozenFiend
07-21-2002, 12:39 AM
Yay.
That means wizards might get something useful.
:)

warp2ukew
07-21-2002, 01:19 AM
No offense MM but nothing special =/ at least to me

draygin
07-21-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew

What do you expect. Log on 5 minutes and see everything there is to see? Many things are hidden until you reach a certain level etc... it takes time. We made it intentionally so you couldnt do everything right away.

warp2ukew
07-21-2002, 01:25 AM
Dude I have been on for about an hour with a dif name (unknown) and I have explored a TON. I dont likeit how you get warped to hell when ya die its just annoying

Aknts
07-21-2002, 01:29 AM
Well I don't see a lot to do.. but there is one thing I don't like. I would tell you my idea on how to fix it, but then again, I would rather just use it in Oasis so you can see for yourself.

archaonTCN
07-21-2002, 01:30 AM
I logged off when an Orc that I couldn't hurt even though I kept slashing him killed me in one hit and I was sent to hell.

Aknts
07-21-2002, 01:53 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch, or what, but when you die, you go back to level 1 and all the level 1 stats... how stupid is that?

Xbob42
07-21-2002, 04:13 AM

I agree. :/
Not much better than the last time I was on it.

draygin
07-21-2002, 05:22 AM
Any one with half a brain and no armor wouldnt try to kill a lvl 35 orc.

Hell is possibly being removed or edite dsome howit was an idea.

You lose 1 level see that 1 level when you die. If you're level 2 yes you will go to level 1. We did this so people wouldnt sit there and go oh who cares if I die while fighting a level 35 orc with no armor. But since no one seems to like it. Then it is also being removed.

An hour? Thats just funny if you think you can find everything in an hour. As previously stated also many things are hidden until you reach a certain level.

SingleChance
07-21-2002, 05:51 AM
Any one with half a brain and no armor wouldnt try to kill a lvl 35 orc.

lmao, haha that's funny ;)

You lose 1 level see that 1 level when you die. If you're level 2 yes you will go to level 1. We did this so people wouldnt sit there and go oh who cares if I die while fighting a level 35 orc with no armor. But since no one seems to like it. Then it is also being removed.

that sounds like a good idea to me because this way people will try to stay alive, but i haven't been on yet so i don't know for sure, but that sounds like an alright idea

warp2ukew
07-21-2002, 07:11 AM
my suggestion: make more stuff easie to find/do

draygin
07-21-2002, 08:28 AM
my suggestion: make more stuff easie to find/do

Thats a good idea. For some things. But this being our first day with the release. We've been to busy fixing bugs and frankly my butt is tired. I've been fixing bugs for 8 and a half hours now and also trying to host RP's at the same time. There is a problem where we're having trouble setting who can add members to guilds so I'm having to do it manuelly. (sp?) After we get the bugs squared away we'll work on making more things and easier things as well. We're not doing to bad considering we're averaging 30 people so far and we where up to 45 until idiot admins from Val came on and started screaming at people to go back to val. I was tempted to log off my self then it was annoying. -_-

SingleChance
07-21-2002, 08:45 AM
We're not doing to bad considering we're averaging 30 people so far and we where up to 45 until idiot admins from Val came on and started screaming at people to go back to val. I was tempted to log off my self then it was annoying. -_-

you should have disconnected them ;)

Warcaptain
07-21-2002, 09:11 AM
i cant even play....

i pick a class and it warps me back to the verification screen..

but with no class to verify.

*shrugs*

ill come back when the server isnt buggy

Aknts
07-21-2002, 10:48 AM
I could only find two baddies the whole time I was there.. and it was *** because there was like 15 other people trying to kill the same two baddies and everyone was killing eachother just so they could get a turn at killing the baddies for experience.

Plus your baddies are awful. They need to like, respawn somewhere else when killed, and also you can just stand in one place and beat the crap out of them over and over without ever being hit.

It also sucks to get hit one time and die by a high level player. Like I walk in a level, a guy swings his sword and I die instantly. That is rather annoying.

Warcaptain
07-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Aknts
I could only find two baddies the whole time I was there.. and it was *** because there was like 15 other people trying to kill the same two baddies and everyone was killing eachother just so they could get a turn at killing the baddies for experience.

Plus your baddies are awful. They need to like, respawn somewhere else when killed, and also you can just stand in one place and beat the crap out of them over and over without ever being hit.

It also sucks to get hit one time and die by a high level player. Like I walk in a level, a guy swings his sword and I die instantly. That is rather annoying.

thats why on pandora i did alot of thigns to make sure that it wasnt so easy to kill baddies over and over

i made baddies knock you back if you have them pinned against a wall, they also get knocked back as well.

also they are the first to hit you usualy, when they come back from knockback.

ZanderX
07-21-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Warcaptain
i cant even play....

i pick a class and it warps me back to the verification screen..

but with no class to verify.

*shrugs*

ill come back when the server isnt buggy

Odd. I didn't have that problem.

Torankusu
07-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Odd. I didn't have that problem. me nei ther.

Zakur
07-21-2002, 11:30 AM
I couldn't choose minstrel or cleric. [didn't try kung-fu guy.]

And not many people are actually being hit by the baddies anymore. I'm invulnerable to their attacks.

Inphektid
07-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Providence is awesome...I'm a level 47 mage. :D I am Inphektid, High mage of (Flagard)...

Aknts
07-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Inphektid
Providence is awesome...I'm a level 47 mage. :D I am Inphektid, High mage of (Flagard)...

This is exactly why Providence ISN'T awesome. In ONE day of the new stuff being up, there are already level 47+ players.

If your experience/leveling system isn't balanced properly, then you might as well not have one at all. :o

Androk2k1
07-22-2002, 12:07 AM
Konidias is right.

Here are some suggestions:

- Make something like Newbie Protection on Classic (lvl 59 threw bush at me and I died... BUSHES ARE SUPPOSED TO DO NO DAMAGE x.X)
- Also make merchants a little better x.X
- MORE BADDIES!
- Quests for items
- Better start, it's boring to go around slashing things.
- Fix Baddy script... it lags...
- Get rid of hell 0.o

draygin
07-22-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Androk2k1
Konidias is right.

Here are some suggestions:

- Make something like Newbie Protection on Classic (lvl 59 threw bush at me and I died... BUSHES ARE SUPPOSED TO DO NO DAMAGE x.X)
- Also make merchants a little better x.X
- MORE BADDIES!
- Quests for items
- Better start, it's boring to go around slashing things.
- Fix Baddy script... it lags...
- Get rid of hell 0.o

There was a bug where some how people couldnt get hurt by the baddies at all even when hit.
Merchants will also be adjusted so they can make money with out having to rely soley on other players buying.
There are now more baddies.
There are some quest for items.
We tested all day friday and never saw many of these bugs. x.x

If an NAT would get online I could have much of this fixed.
If I could get more NAT's I could get this fixed faster.

You're right the baddies could be alot better. But that would require better scripters. I did have it alot harder to level where you died you lost a level. But I got sick of every one crying omg I lost a level this server sucks this server sucks I lost a levle. As for hell I'm probably moving it so if you die you get warped to the clinic and a guy revives you. It amazes me how stupid people are. Um like theres a bug I keep getting stuck in this level. What level? underworld.nw Newbie protection isnt a bad idea hadnt considered that. The main thing that is kicking us in the shorts is lack of really good npcserver scripters. Because people *coughroycecough* kept insulting giltwist etc.. he decided he had better things to do with his time than put up with people from graal insulting him. Now that Providence is down it will take longer for the bugs to be fixed. x.x We're working as fast as we can.

Aknts
07-22-2002, 05:33 AM
Losing one level isn't bad when you are like level 30.. but when you just gain a level to level 2, then you die, it really sucks.

Dark-Dragoon
07-22-2002, 07:15 AM
Good work providence team. Keep it up.

Ghost Pirate
07-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Most Providence levels may suckass, but I enjoy the stats system.

If Graal Insider was up I'd give you a 3 out of 5

Zakur
07-23-2002, 05:40 AM
What happened to all of the other classes? I wanted to be a kung-fu guy. :[

Neglegence2002
07-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Place is a lot of fun now, only problem is you need more bandits not just 1 for each level of experience....