PDA

View Full Version : Rhune: Lost Kingdoms + Rhune Online Website + Rhune Map + Info = Thread

Kuza
07-18-2002, 07:05 AM
Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kuza, past aliases include; Kasuagi, Jago, Muroshi and others. I'm not here to talk about myself though, I am here to tell you about my vision and playerworld. It has been my dream since I first played graal to manage and build my own playerworld, I couldn't do it until now. The only way I will ever accomplish this goal is with the help of others who share this vision. So with that said, here's the server in a nutshell;

Imagine waking up from your everyday dull life and finding yourself in a vast forest, surrounded by enchanted lands and areas for you to discover. On your way, you will encounter foes and friends, some will betray you and others will earn your trust. In this world, dragons fly through the sky, giants roam the lands and young adventurers as yourself encounter them, armed with your sword and shield, plus the occasional few items. Do you fight them head on or wait for your friends, so you can share the fun and spoils? Will your tactics include physical power or mentality and magic, just as you brace yourself for a good fight, a loud explosion reigns over the area. You and your friends turn to the direction of the sound and see a large line of men marching forward in royal armor, suited for a large scale battle. It's that kingdom you've heard rumours about, you hide in some bushes and watch as another military marshes froward, commanded by their general. It is now in your will to participate in the action, but you need to stop by the nearest town and pick up some supplies before you can fully implement your sneak attack and gather the dropped loot, it's not easy being a nomadic warrior. Making your way down a lonely trail, a group of goblins ambush you and your friends, you are in no condition to fight and seek shelter in a dark cavern, leading all the way into the ground. At the end of the maze, you find an underground lake and an island in the middle. There's a glow emitting from it, what could it be? These are the decisions you will have to make in the World of Rhune. Adventure is just around the corner.

There's plenty to do in Rhune. Just look at the map below, we've already began adding and editting levels. Sure, it's level generated, but it's ONLY an outline to go by. By combining RPG and action elements, players will be occupied for hours upon hours. Engaging in mini-games, side quests, player-held events, kingdom wars, questing, working and so much more. The players also affect the world around them, through roleplaying and ATE (active time events), many aspects of the server will change throughout the course of history, depending on the events that take place.

Official Staff:

Kuza (Manager)
Wryoko (Co-Manager)
Malak (Developer)
Kaelink (GP Chief)
Shrimp Okonomiyaki (NPC Admin)
Eceser (LAT Admin)
Koji (LAT)
Dr. Adrienne Vasquez (LAT)
Zakur (LAT)
Arwen (GFX)
Jourdan (GFX)
GhettoChild (GFX)
Guy Vasquez (Gani Team)
Erishon (RP Admin)
Gozen (Storyboard)

Hiring Staff:

Graphic Artist (GAT): Must be able to design monster/beast sprites, such as dragons or demons, swords or even a tileset.

Level Designers (LAT): Must be able to design tile errorless levels with creativity and adapt to the "Rhune" style.

NPC Scripters (NAT): Must be able to script NPCs that deal with either strings, variables, or complex flags. Such as a bar.

Screenshots (Outdated):

SS1: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss1.png
SS2: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss2.png
SS3: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss3.png
SS4: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss4.png
SS5: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss5.png
SS6: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss6.png
SS7: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss7.png
SS8: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss8.png
SS9: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/ss9.png

Info:

Site: http://rhunelk.cjb.net/
Forums: http://www2.communityzero.com/rhune
Staff Application: http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/application.html

ldhfd
07-18-2002, 07:10 AM
your links doesn't work

SingleChance
07-18-2002, 07:12 AM
whoa nice map
and u seem to be very organized ;)

looking great so far :)

gozen
07-18-2002, 07:15 AM
I am a storyboard guy

MalakSylv
07-18-2002, 07:37 AM
one hell of a staff team. ;D

WHIPENIE4
07-18-2002, 07:55 AM
Shrimp is back!!

Dark-Dragoon
07-18-2002, 08:15 AM
one hell of a staff team. ;D
Guy Vasquez (Gani Team)
You got that right.
And Kuza, if i am the only gani guy, why is it gani TEAM? how about i be Gani Artist ;)

vovavziggy
07-18-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ldhfd
your links doesn't work
Copy and paste them into the adress bar.

Artificial_Sweetener
07-18-2002, 08:25 AM
^^ :: See's his name on the list and feels special ::

Dark-Dragoon
07-18-2002, 08:29 AM
Maybe not me, but i know we do have some GOOD staff on rhune.

Kuza
07-18-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Dark-Dragoon

You got that right.
And Kuza, if i am the only gani guy, why is it gani TEAM? how about i be Gani Artist ;)

Kirbster... Malak, Escer and a few other people can make pretty good ganis as well. Almost everyone can do something besides one thing, so our staff is strong in a lot of different areas. So that means less communication and more work. ^^

Artificial_Sweetener
07-18-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Kuza

Kirbster... Malak, Escer and a few other people can make pretty good ganis as well. Almost everyone can do something besides one thing, so our staff is strong in a lot of different areas. So that means less communication and more work. ^^
Ya.. me and Kuza has came up with most of the concept.. :)

Brad
07-18-2002, 09:52 AM
Gl

thesmoothcriminal
07-18-2002, 01:37 PM
YaY my name theres
I (eceser) can make ANYTHING look good :D

Dark-Dragoon
07-18-2002, 11:18 PM
So does that mean you will NEVER tell me thier aim names?

Artificial_Sweetener
07-19-2002, 02:05 AM
So does that mean you will NEVER tell me thier aim names?
Mine is Xxmatt3xX (I'm Wryoko) ;)

archaonTCN
07-19-2002, 02:09 AM
"Kul" means fun in Swedish.

Artificial_Sweetener
07-19-2002, 02:21 AM

You got that right.
:: loves your ganis :: :D

Kuza
07-19-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by archaonTCN
"Kul" means fun in Swedish.

I knew that. *whistles*

Dark-Dragoon
07-19-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Artificial_Sweetener

:: loves your ganis :: :D
:D Aw, im not that great. I wish i could do levels or scripting or anything.

archaonTCN
07-19-2002, 03:50 AM

I knew that. *whistles*
;)

Better make it a fun place then.

SingleChance
07-19-2002, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by thesmoothcriminal
YaY my name theres

that sounds a little conceited =/

Aknts
07-19-2002, 04:55 AM
YaY my name theres

Spanky:

Care to show us one of your levels "O Great One"?

Kuza
07-19-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Aknts

Spanky:

Care to show us one of your levels "O Great One"?

He's not kidding. *shrugs*

They are pretty good.

SingleChance
07-19-2002, 05:07 AM

They are pretty good.

Even IF he can, he does not have to sound conceited by saying he can mke ANYTHING look good, i bet he can't.

And let's see one of his recent levels =/

LilNiglet
07-19-2002, 05:33 AM
It looks like you could use an extra NAT or four. E-mail me at [email protected] if you wish.

Aknts
07-19-2002, 06:10 AM

They are pretty good.

Spanky:

So show a screen..

Dark-Dragoon
07-19-2002, 06:24 AM
If tupper joins us, can i name our staff the All-Graalians? :p Join us! Everyone else HAS!

thesmoothcriminal
07-19-2002, 08:45 AM
ill tell you my aim if you want

Inphektid
07-19-2002, 08:47 AM
Great...nice & organized.

Brad
07-19-2002, 08:54 AM
If tupper joins us, can i name our staff the All-Graalians? :p Join us! Everyone else HAS!

I'm sorry, but I don't think the team is TOO amazing...=/

::edit::

I think Kasuagi is your best member...

I've never seen Malak's work so I dunno. He's a really cool guy though.

thesmoothcriminal
07-19-2002, 09:07 AM
heres how good rhune's levels are:D

Torankusu
07-19-2002, 09:09 AM
is that bridge walkable...?

SingleChance
07-19-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu

no.

and toosmoothcriminal
that level isn't THAT good, and why are there barrels all over the place in the middle of nowhere.

albus777
07-19-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by SingleChance

no.

and toosmoothcriminal
that level isn't THAT good, and why are there barrels all over the place in the middle of nowhere.
Bandits could be smuggling things?

gozen
07-19-2002, 09:45 AM
Me and Kuza are making an awesome Kingdom system Muhaha
I am leading the Elves!

LilNiglet
07-19-2002, 10:09 AM

no.

and toosmoothcriminal
easily fixed :P

Neglegence2002
07-19-2002, 10:24 AM

I am also wondering why there are so many little rocks and stuff in that stream, its a little bit overboard...

Aknts
07-19-2002, 10:26 AM

Spanky:

Bahah!!! Omg that sucks.

3/10.

Kuza
07-19-2002, 10:53 AM

- Too little of variety. Lots of the same tiles are used over and over.
- The bridge has potential, but some areas are just wierd. Such as the roof tiles. They just don't clash.
- The water needs more detail and less of the two tiles you used, it's way too cluttered.

I hope your village is a whole lot better. That level is kinda cluttered too. Thanks for pointing this out Spanky.

thesmoothcriminal
07-19-2002, 11:19 AM
the bridge is walkable,i like barrels and id like to see all you guys post your YOUR levels

SingleChance
07-19-2002, 11:21 AM
the bridge is walkable,i like barrels and id like to see all you guys post your YOUR levels

HOW is that bridge walkable?
You can not walk on those roof tiles =/

Torankusu
07-19-2002, 11:28 AM
and those rail tiles don't exactly block, either...

Zakur
07-19-2002, 11:51 AM

HOW is that bridge walkable?
You can not walk on those roof tiles =/

I would assume that the whole thing is an image. [notice how on one of the edges of the 'planks' it isn't a grass edge, which the tile is, it is a water edge.

Glory
07-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Corupt: the level is decent barrels are overused yes unless there is story behind them and the bridge well if your gonna try to make it look like a log bridge (thats the theme i think your going for) make your own gfx becuase that had huge dips in it you wouldnt want someone to trip and break their neck would you? and for the stream.. uhh well i don't really see the point of having a bridge when the stream is.. ankle deep? i mean maybe some walking stones of a small pathway would look very cool take and use the house stone tiles make some gfx outta them and ut them in there or use castle top of the ladder tiles that might fit more maybe but anyways thats my 2 cents on that.. kasuagi good luck and thx for stealing my gani person :-p he was gonna help out alot and free me up of soem gani work cuz I could trust his work cuz its good but anyways oh and ill be showing the ice summon gani for BL soon so keep a look out on the BL thread and kas GL on the PW

Kuza
07-19-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Glory
Corupt: the level is decent barrels are overused yes unless there is story behind them and the bridge well if your gonna try to make it look like a log bridge (thats the theme i think your going for) make your own gfx becuase that had huge dips in it you wouldnt want someone to trip and break their neck would you? and for the stream.. uhh well i don't really see the point of having a bridge when the stream is.. ankle deep? i mean maybe some walking stones of a small pathway would look very cool take and use the house stone tiles make some gfx outta them and ut them in there or use castle top of the ladder tiles that might fit more maybe but anyways thats my 2 cents on that.. kasuagi good luck and thx for stealing my gani person :-p he was gonna help out alot and free me up of soem gani work cuz I could trust his work cuz its good but anyways oh and ill be showing the ice summon gani for BL soon so keep a look out on the BL thread and kas GL on the PW

Thanks a lot Corupt. I know Beyond Legend is going to be ownage to the max. Hehe, without Guy we'd be doomed. He's our best GANI maker and is the best at what he does. Thanks for the compliments and good luck in the future.

thesmoothcriminal
07-19-2002, 12:31 PM
there is a story
there was a daught this also is a thief hide out

Torankusu
07-19-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Zakur

I would assume that the whole thing is an image. [notice how on one of the edges of the 'planks' it isn't a grass edge, which the tile is, it is a water edge. ?
i see grass edges.

Zakur
07-19-2002, 01:02 PM
?
i see grass edges.

Look at the second log from the left.

Torankusu
07-19-2002, 01:09 PM

Look at the second log from the left. oh.

but on down the "log" lines, there's grass...

thesmoothcriminal
07-19-2002, 09:18 PM
does that really matter its just a level i quickly made ages ago

draygin
07-19-2002, 09:49 PM
does that really matter its just a level i quickly made ages ago

Love how when ever a level gets knocked down it instantly turns into a level made ages ago. As for a thieves hide out. If I where a thief (which I am when RPing) I wouldnt use that for a hide out with that bridge and all much to noticable and paths. A true thief wouldnt keep taking the same route over and over he switches up how he gets to his hide out. But then again its graal and tiles limit you so meh.

Aknts
07-19-2002, 09:50 PM
id like to see all you guys post your YOUR levels

Spanky:
Search the Level Forums for my levels..
*Foot in yo mouf*

you can also look for draygin's levels in the Level Forum too..

magicbud3344
07-19-2002, 09:55 PM

Spanky:
*Foot in yo mouf*

draygin
07-19-2002, 10:03 PM

Spanky:
Search the Level Forums for my levels..
*Foot in yo mouf*

you can also look for draygin's levels in the Level Forum too..

Thanks spanky that makes me feel loved <3
I wasnt going to waste my time posting anything but since I've been named.

Here is some levels I was originally making back in april or may. Never did finish them. ;) That's why there is no grass tiling on the outside level. Maybe I'll find a use for the levels and actually finish them.

draygin
07-19-2002, 10:04 PM
annnnnd the outside. This was all expiremental tiling I was trying out to find a good oriental style. Took me a while but I decided I liked the results. ;)

/addon I got these out of the levels forum since I'm not at home I cant post any thing else. That and when I'm home I just dont care enough about graal to come onto the graal boards.

thesmoothcriminal
07-19-2002, 10:54 PM
i had made that Level ages ago when i was a lat on delteria
i have noticed that every level posted is knocked but when you compare it to the online levels the online levels are the levels the suck so complain about them

and i dont really care about all the stupid minor detials background story crap

Aknts
07-19-2002, 10:56 PM
i have noticed that every level posted is knocked but when you compare it to the online levels the online levels are the levels the suck so complain about them

Spanky:

What?! I don't know what you said but your level still sucks.

Kuza
07-19-2002, 11:11 PM
Could we get back on the topic please? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but come on. I hired him for other reasons, he's also good with NPCs and graphics. I'll personally go over all levels and edit them to suit the style of Rhune, but the basic outline will always remain unchanged.

Now, if you'll welcome our newest staff to the line up...

Kuza (Manager): [email protected]
Wryoko (Co-Manager): [email protected]
Torankusu (Game Master): [email protected]
Malak (Developer): [email protected]
Kaelink (GP Chief): [email protected]
Shrimp Okonomiyaki (NPC Admin): [email protected]
RavenTelvecho (Asst NPC Admin): [email protected]
Tupper (NAT): [email protected]
Roy (GFX Admin): [email protected]
Jourdan (GFX): [email protected]
GhettoChild (GFX): ?
Eceser (LAT Admin): [email protected]
Koji (LAT): [email protected]
Dr. Adrienne Vasquez (LAT): [email protected]
Zakur (LAT): [email protected]
Guy Vasquez (Gani Team): [email protected]
Erishon (RP Admin): [email protected]
Gozen (Storyboard): ?

Congrats to Torankusu, RavenTelvecho, Tupper and Roy. Each of them are a very important asset to Team Rhune. I'll post what everyone is currently working on later, projects, etc.

If you would like to submit your own application, go here (Hiring LAT, NAT, GAT, Gani and Storyboard): http://snow.prohosting.com/rhunelk/application.html

Artificial_Sweetener
07-19-2002, 11:35 PM

Wryoko (Co-Manager): [email protected]

:)

draygin
07-20-2002, 12:10 AM

You dont care but you're the idiot going on and on about how it matchs the background story of a drought. When lookign at the level it is clear there isnt a drought but poor tiling. If there was a drought the steam would be down showing part of the dried up stream bed trees dying turning brown etc...

Kuza
07-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Could we get back on the topic please? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but come on. I hired him for other reasons, he's also good with NPCs and graphics. I'll personally go over all levels and edit them to suit the style of Rhune, but the basic outline will always remain unchanged.

Max-imus
07-20-2002, 10:57 AM

What was your name.. ?

Torankusu
07-20-2002, 11:12 AM
OK. LEVEL POST>

here's a level i just made, still working on the bridge.

Torankusu
07-20-2002, 11:13 AM
level I made for RP Development.

Torankusu
07-20-2002, 11:14 AM
coast level i am working on.

note. it's far from completion.

thesmoothcriminal
07-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Draygin:
I dont care now

Maximus:
my lat name was Ether

ToranKusi:
are you Thinking of joining Rhune?

Torankusu
07-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Draygin:
I dont care now

Maximus:
my lat name was Ether

ToranKusi:
are you Thinking of joining Rhune? last I was informed, I was the game master...

Zakur
07-20-2002, 11:48 AM
last I was informed, I was the game master...

Ghaha, 'ToranKusi.'

Oh no! I found more errors on your level. :p

[1. there is a tile to fix that, right below the house tiles. it is dirt with a little dark speck to the upper right.]

[2. Can't fix this with a tile, I believe, but a nice small image will do it.]

Maybe you should vary the sand at the bottom near the beach a bit more. Also, some of the shadows are weird. They show up on one part, but not the same of the exact other on the dirt. if [you don't know what I mean, i'll upload a picture.]

[edit] actually, there might not be an error on the upper cliffs, but they just looked wrong to me.

Torankusu
07-20-2002, 12:07 PM

Ghaha, 'ToranKusi.'

Oh no! I found more errors on your level. :p

[1. there is a tile to fix that, right below the house tiles. it is dirt with a little dark speck to the upper right.]

[2. Can't fix this with a tile, I believe, but a nice small image will do it.]

Maybe you should vary the sand at the bottom near the beach a bit more. Also, some of the shadows are weird. They show up on one part, but not the same of the exact other on the dirt. if [you don't know what I mean, i'll upload a picture.]

[edit] actually, there might not be an error on the upper cliffs, but they just looked wrong to me. I didn't see anything wrong with the upper cliffs.

Every other thing, but that "2" tile problem, I had fixed.
Here's an updated one.

edit. And, I'll vary the sand tiles later. I haven't bothered with that yet, because I've been working on the geography of the island.

thesmoothcriminal
07-20-2002, 01:24 PM
Great you can solve all my scripts woes