PDA

View Full Version : The Official "New kingdoms" thread?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Before I post this, I would like to stress I am neutral in this new kingdoms thing. I see it's good points, and it's bad points.

I thought of an idea that would give two different levels of role-playing within the kingdom. Instead of just having to deal with extranal enemies, why not have the ability to have some internal problems and manage those as well? Here is what I am getting at:

If you were to have new kingdoms, start with ONE ONLY. Yes, one kingdom, that is all. This kingdom will be huge in the world of Graal, as it will have many towns and cities all over the map. It would be quite an easy RP story to have this one massive kingdom. Just say after the reset (the big crash) that all the Graalians united to survive, or something along those lines.

This new one large kingdom would have, just as I said, many small city states (like Italy in the renaissance.) You could have maybe 8 or 10 on the map, and they would each be led by either a local Duke, Prince or Marshal of the military. There we go, now we have everyone flying under one banner in one kingdom through many small city states. Then you would have a central king, who theoretically has all the power in the world as long as he can control the leaders of these city states. During this time it gives a chance for these 8-10 city states and the king to make alliances, and build up their cities through levels and through citizens.

But, of course, it's human naure to become greedy, right? Right! Some city leaders will get impatient at the King and plot against him, sending them into exile. Maybe a civil war between east and west? Alliances to overthrow the king, or take over the local cities? Maybe, it's a possibility.

In conclusion, by having 8-10 smaller kingdoms on Graal, instead of having one major superpower taking everything over, and the end, the leaders of these city states and the king will have to try and make some diplomatic actions that will help them gain land and eventually beat their opponents. It would be like having 8-10 different karakaze troupes around (except with different characteristics and larger cities) which I think would own.

The end.

TrueHeaT
07-18-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Before I post this, I would like to stress I am neutral in this new kingdoms thing. I see it's good points, and it's bad points.

I thought of an idea that would give two different levels of role-playing within the kingdom. Instead of just having to deal with extranal enemies, why not have the ability to have some internal problems and manage those as well? Here is what I am getting at:

If you were to have new kingdoms, start with ONE ONLY. Yes, one kingdom, that is all. This kingdom will be huge in the world of Graal, as it will have many towns and cities all over the map. It would be quite an easy RP story to have this one massive kingdom. Just say after the reset (the big crash) that all the Graalians united to survive, or something along those lines.

This new one large kingdom would have, just as I said, many small city states (like Italy in the renaissance.) You could have maybe 8 or 10 on the map, and they would each be led by either a local Duke, Prince or Marshal of the military. There we go, now we have everyone flying under one banner in one kingdom through many small city states. Then you would have a central king, who theoretically has all the power in the world as long as he can control the leaders of these city states. During this time it gives a chance for these 8-10 city states and the king to make alliances, and build up their cities through levels and through citizens.

But, of course, it's human naure to become greedy, right? Right! Some city leaders will get impatient at the King and plot against him, sending them into exile. Maybe a civil war between east and west? Alliances to overthrow the king, or take over the local cities? Maybe, it's a possibility.

In conclusion, by having 8-10 smaller kingdoms on Graal, instead of having one major superpower taking everything over, and the end, the leaders of these city states and the king will have to try and make some diplomatic actions that will help them gain land and eventually beat their opponents. It would be like having 8-10 different karakaze troupes around (except with different characteristics and larger cities) which I think would own.

The end.

The idea of 10 Karakaze Troupes scares me, but the city state thing is very intruiging.

We'll all have to talk about it

Brad
07-18-2002, 10:42 AM
I say start with four.

Water
Ice
Fire
Forest

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT

The idea of 10 Karakaze Troupes scares me, but the city state thing is very intruiging.

We'll all have to talk about it
I meant size wise, and different characteristics, so they wouldn't all be bandits and nomads. You'd have loyal states, some very dishonorable ones, etc.

TrueHeaT
07-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Brad
I say start with four.

Water
Ice
Fire
Forest

PLEASE, not element based kingdoms.

TrueHeaT
07-18-2002, 10:44 AM

I meant size wise, and different characteristics, so they wouldn't all be bandits and nomads. You'd have loyal states, some very dishonorable ones, etc.

Well then that is the ****ing best RP related idea I've heard in a long time
I'm very much for it. Some rich states, some poor states, and any number of other characteristics, controlling towns and stuff.

HUZZAH!

Amagius
07-18-2002, 10:47 AM
I like the idea, and also no element Kingdoms PLEASE.

GryffonDurime
07-18-2002, 10:58 AM
I like it but I don't.

Lionel-Jonson
07-18-2002, 11:06 AM
That would kick ass and take names!

magicbud3344
07-18-2002, 11:09 AM
oyea well Karakaze Troupe state 5 the Poorest most dishonorable bastards is run by me and woru >;]

Ghost Pirate
07-18-2002, 11:12 AM
That be interesting

I'd go along with it hehe

The only enemies at first are dragons and other monsters...sort of like sending a troop of great warriors to fight and kill a dragon that has been plaguing the countryside by burning farms down!

Out of one comes many.
Out of many becomes one.

Python523
07-18-2002, 11:39 AM
i dont like the one kingdom to start, its fun sometimes just RPin on your own, but on a server like 2k1, it gets BORING, start with at least 3 and maybe a new overworld (like the idea I had o.O)

Googi
07-18-2002, 11:49 AM
I don't know, that would spread kingdom member to few and far between for interesting mass-player RP events.

Ghost Pirate
07-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Googi
I don't know, that would spread kingdom member to few and far between for interesting mass-player RP events.

err what?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Python523
i dont like the one kingdom to start, its fun sometimes just RPin on your own, but on a server like 2k1, it gets BORING, start with at least 3 and maybe a new overworld (like the idea I had o.O)
You need one kingdom at the start for two reasons
1) It's easier to make an RP story when everyone is unified
2) By having everyone under one rule, the relations between every single city state would be neutral. There can be no grudges held from way back when and no complaints. This unification time also gives a chance for people to choose city states they like, build up their cities (make levels for them) and train their army, other neat little things.

Plus, Ghosties idea is good too, fighting the baddies.

Googi
07-18-2002, 11:53 AM

2) By having everyone under one rule, the relations between every single city state would be neutral. There can be no grudges held from way back when and no complaints. This unification time also gives a chance for people to choose city states they like, build up their cities (make levels for them) and train their army, other neat little things.

Not many people would want to take chances with the new ones then though.

Valder
07-18-2002, 11:55 AM

Actually it is better to have 2 kingdoms start. It would add more ideas to the stories, and it would make it so there are small disputes here and there as well as making it so there could be a huge kingdom war and the kingdoms would have to hire mercinaries(sp?) to help them fight or they could have small groups team up and fight baddies...

ldhfd
07-18-2002, 11:59 AM
I want a eskimo kingdom

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Googi

Not many people would want to take chances with the new ones then though.
New ones? They would all be new...

Waltz5
07-18-2002, 12:05 PM

New ones? They would all be new...
He means like the rebellious ones, the ones breaking off of the huge one... in fear of being destroyed easily I would think.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Waltz5

He means like the rebellious ones, the ones breaking off of the huge one... in fear of being destroyed easily I would think.
Aaaah!
That's the whole point of having one kingdom! This is a time to build up and make alliances between city states. It's a simple concept. If you've seen survivor, it would be kind of like that.

Brad
07-18-2002, 11:39 PM
2 kingdoms, if you want elements then have them. If not, screw it. You have one which "controls" the eastern part of graal, and one which "controls" the western part of graal. Each kingdom has towns/villages located all amoung their part of their country. Throughout time rebellious individuals as well as riots will break amoung the towns leading into "new" kingdoms. Maybe a lone prophet will preach the love of his god (which is evil) and make many sacrafices. This will cause him to have a bounty on his head and make EVERYONE want to kill him. Or will he have followers? Maybe King ALAHMANLOL raised taxes so he can have a new palace. The town of Secretol is not happy about this. They go with torches to his new palace being built, anD TORCH IT. This causes a small war.

ETC. ETC.

But, with the two kingdoms it gives them something to start with..I know what I said is exactly like aftershocks..but whatever.

Discharge
07-19-2002, 02:22 AM

The end.

I like the idea but what time period? Still in the middle ages?

ghostsamurai
07-19-2002, 03:09 AM
I think it would be cool if there were a few external enemies and threats, like players putting on Orc tags and raiding towns, players becoming vampires and attacking towns, faeries groups sprouting up and capturing travellers, and highway robbers robbing travellers :) so guards and soldiers would always be busy :)

TrueHeaT
07-19-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by ghostsamurai
I think it would be cool if there were a few external enemies and threats, like players putting on Orc tags and raiding towns, players becoming vampires and attacking towns, faeries groups sprouting up and capturing travellers, and highway robbers robbing travellers :) so guards and soldiers would always be busy :)

yes yes yes ye syes yes yes ytesS :DDdd

Zach1
07-19-2002, 03:40 AM
=X could we then erace all kingdom levels. and start with a new landscape?

Zach1
07-19-2002, 03:44 AM
And the one big kingdom would be named: Dustari! =X oh camon, you know kamoo will be the big king.

ghostsamurai
07-19-2002, 03:51 AM
we could make a new landscape, it wouldnt be that hard, each kingdom leader would make his own town for a specified part of the map, and a team of RP developement people could develope the wilderness and nonplayerrun lands

Dark-Dragoon
07-19-2002, 04:34 AM
The players putting on baddy/vamp/orc tags sounds GOOD.

ghostsamurai
07-19-2002, 04:45 AM
players woulndt have to play Orcs, vampires and the like all the time, unless the wanted to, but players could volunteer to be them to help RP events :)

Dark-Dragoon
07-19-2002, 04:47 AM
But i want to be one ALL the time!
EDIT- Scratch that, make me a mercenary who kills people on sight. To er...get a better merc rating! Nuts...plotholes.../EDIT

Zach1
07-19-2002, 04:54 AM
anddd who would decide who gets a town?
oh, ic. kingdom leaders.

ghostsamurai
07-19-2002, 04:59 AM
we could have a mercenary guild, where people would go to hire mercenaries and bodyguards, and we coudl have a bounty hunter's guild, where people woudl post bounties :)

Brad
07-19-2002, 05:57 AM
If this would happen my characters would remain the same almost. Lihkto Foram the rogue from wherever...I may become a warrior and then become a rogue by doing something. And if orcs can play I will become Banthar >;]

LilNiglet
07-19-2002, 06:30 AM
i love the idea, if i was manager i'd impliment it right away

Ghost Pirate
07-19-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by LilNiglet
i love the idea, if i was manager i'd impliment it right away

Same, it can bring a new way of roleplaying on 2k1

Also

IT SHOULD NOT BE NAMED DUSTARI
AND THE KING OR MAIN RULER SHOULD NOT BE KAMUII

Something fresh like

Make a symbol/crest for it then suggest names that relate to symbol

Discharge
07-19-2002, 06:52 AM
What would be the name of this kingdom? In my opinion it should be under the title of Empire but anways we should start thinking on names and later have a poll to choose which name everyone likes the most, no?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-19-2002, 07:05 AM
The city states would not have to be very large. Maybe half the size of the Dustari township, with walls, and densely built. The main ruler would have a township as well, so when his city states gain independence, he will still have something at least.

The baddy NPC's that people would have to fend off could easily be made. Just have respawning points for them all scattered acros the map, and have them attack city states. You don't need them doing any physical damage on the levels, because they would just make role-playing too hard and not fun at all :( As long as these baddies harass people going in and out, that's fine with me.

I was thinking that the flag could have a black stripe on the top, and a white stripe on the bottom. This would represent the diversity of the kingdom that is unified under one banner. On the flag, maybe have the Graalian head or a single sword to further represent the idea of unification. City states would have their own small banners that they would have when they participate in wars with the main kingdom, and when they break off then they get their own flag.

GryffonDurime
07-19-2002, 08:31 AM
I have an idea. The name of our new unified Kingdom: Mandala. A Mandala is something, like a painting, used to symbolize wholeness, unity, etc. If the new Kingdom is a unity of all the survivors, it's a perfect name. Don't you think? Also, instead of toguilds, etc. if you want realism, you should need a postal system, kind of like the Atnora Postoffice. Instead, have it to where you write it, find a mail box, and it arrives at the player's home, or at the Post Office. Each town can have a post office. Also, get rid of the PH Concept. Make it so the towns have enough housing for almost all their people. This also encourages familys in RPing. Instead of paying for houses, mabey make a system so you can buy furniture and place it in your house. That would be cool. And finnally, give us some useful NPCs. Different kinds of weaponry, magic, skills, anything. Make it so you can't be a sword master and major mage.

LilNiglet
07-19-2002, 08:40 AM
We'd also have to come up with a list of 10 or so decent RPers to govern the townships. Ghosty, you get to keep your ship. It's too awesome to mess with :cool:

Any suggestions? o.o;

Ghost Pirate
07-19-2002, 10:22 AM
We'd also have to come up with a list of 10 or so decent RPers to govern the townships. Ghosty, you get to keep your ship. It's too awesome to mess with :cool:

Any suggestions? o.o;

yes Pirates should stay

but be with new name =)

magicbud3344
07-19-2002, 10:51 AM
all the ideas, i wanna help build some levels for a upcomming kingdom or something XD

ghostsamurai
07-19-2002, 11:38 AM
I think the new kingdom should have NOTHING to do with old RPing, nobody should play the same character, other than name and personality

The kingdom should be the Kingdom of Graal, Mandala can be a city :)

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Ideas for city state locations:

-Main castle (the Graalians King's city): Dustari castle and the township
-Town where Samurai and KT base is
-Town near Pirate Caverns and a boat and island for city
-Underground city where Zormite castle is
-The isle near Bomboria and a few boats
-Swamps city (can incorproprate the PH community there)
-Antorite village city (with some add-ons, of course)
-Antora Mountain city
-Baddies castle area city
-Episcopal chirch (former KoS hangout) city
-Far east Bogenera city
-Slums area city
-Harmonia city

TrueHeaT
07-19-2002, 02:22 PM
I think the new kingdom should have NOTHING to do with old RPing, nobody should play the same character, other than name and personality

definetly
there should be none of the same characters

and that sounds cool aftershock, i especially like the swamps PH zone part

magicbud3344
07-19-2002, 02:44 PM
Ideas for city state locations:

-Main castle (the Graalians King's city): Dustari castle and the township
-Town where Samurai and KT base is
-Town near Pirate Caverns and a boat and island for city
-Underground city where Zormite castle is
-The isle near Bomboria and a few boats
-Swamps city (can incorproprate the PH community there)
-Antorite village city (with some add-ons, of course)
-Antora Mountain city
-Baddies castle area city
-Episcopal chirch (former KoS hangout) city
-Far east Bogenera city
-Slums area city
-Harmonia city

if it is like that i will most likly come from the slums

feivel
07-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Samurai needs to be named something other than "Samurai"
and Pirates something else too,
Crescent Blade Pirates sounded cool,
and there needs to be a new name for Samurai

TrueHeaT
07-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by feivel
Samurai needs to be named something other than "Samurai"
and Pirates something else too,
Crescent Blade Pirates sounded cool,
and there needs to be a new name for Samurai

Don't you get it? There won't BE a Samurai

magicbud3344
07-19-2002, 04:29 PM
True Heat, about your signature i was just wondering, is that like a Cracker that has been eatin away by mice ot some old cheese or what?

LilNiglet
07-19-2002, 10:46 PM

Boo, Tupper Trenine is staying :[

I'l just erase his past. :P

ghostsamurai
07-20-2002, 03:22 AM

Boo, Tupper Trenine is staying :[

I'l just erase his past. :P I'm keeping my same name, you just can't be like "I remember my old archduke days..."

GryffonDurime
07-20-2002, 04:18 AM
....No.

ghostsamurai
07-20-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
....No. ...wrong answer.

Nastazio
07-20-2002, 05:44 AM
This all sounds great. That's pretty much all that I can say. I'm speachless.

Brad
07-20-2002, 05:45 AM
Do it.Now.Please.

I will make levels if they need help.

LilNiglet
07-20-2002, 06:36 AM
I'm keeping my same name, you just can't be like "I remember my old archduke days..."
Yes, I know. He'll still be an Elven Fire Mage, though. <3

TrueHeaT
07-20-2002, 07:11 AM
Do it.Now.Please.

I will make levels if they need help.

I'd love to do it now, but I'm afraid it doesn't seem that simple. It'll take some hard work,

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-20-2002, 07:26 AM
Firtst you have to choose locations where these 8 cities would be placed, then find names for them. Then you have to make a standard for each city. Each one should have the some same type of buildings but maybe one special building that sets it apart from the others.

Nastazio
07-20-2002, 07:37 AM
It can't just be done like that. This project is going to take alot of time, and alot of effort.

I've got some questions.

1. How will the over all 'King' be chosen?
2. How will the sub-leaders be chosen?
3. Will each different section have different ranks?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-20-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Nastazio
It can't just be done like that. This project is going to take alot of time, and alot of effort.

I've got some questions.

1. How will the over all 'King' be chosen?
2. How will the sub-leaders be chosen?
3. Will each different section have different ranks?
1) role-players committee?
2) role-players committee/king?
3) They doin't have to, once they gain independence from the main kigdom they make their own. Remember, a city state won't be a massive superpower, it'll just be a small groupe like the troupe,it shouldn't be hard

Brad
07-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Santerrain - farming capital
Bomboria - sea port town
Harmonia - business district
Dustari lands - roay grounds/where festivals are
bogenera - deserted land, bandits roam.
antora - misc town
miner town place - residential
swamps - foresty/etc

all towns will have their respective houses/buildings. ALL towns will have homes where people live.

Maybe at start you pick your hometown?

I'd completely re-do antora if needed. Snow tiles are FUN.

Googi
07-20-2002, 12:23 PM
bogenera - deserted land, bandits roam.

Yeah, cops still gotta arrest that bomy guy.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-20-2002, 12:35 PM
I don't want to be biased, but I think that seen as though Dustari is supposedly getting a new castle, and that township is already there, it should be the capital of the kingdom.

I also got the chance to look at birdbirds playerworld town, that's a great size for a town, except maybe a little more condensed building patterns, and walls/fortifications of course.

Each township exclusing the capital (where the king lives, because he has a castle) will have a villa or mansion where the leader lives.

GryffonDurime
07-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Brad, the places all need new names. But I suppose that their leaders will name them. Also, we need new jobs.

trickster2006
07-21-2002, 10:45 AM
I like the idea. ALOT.
Can I be the guy that starts a religion that revolutionizes the way people think?

ghostsamurai
07-21-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by trickster2006
I like the idea. ALOT.
Can I be the guy that starts a religion that revolutionizes the way people think? think of something revolutionary ;)

Ghost Pirate
07-21-2002, 11:54 AM
think of something revolutionary ;)

Tilot Paper?

ghostsamurai
07-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate

Tilot Paper? tilot paper!? what a genius idea!

RichKevin
07-24-2002, 01:33 PM
Vincent says:
what do u think of the name "Acadia" for a foresty type of kingfom/township. it could be in the swamps or whatever and i sorta wrongly anticipated that i could get a new kingdom up as is on 2k1 right now. i made most of the levels and everything already so this could be one of the new 8 kingdoms after the reset or whatever. i even made a hat, body, sign and crest and everything already lol. tell me what u think i dont want all my work to go to waste even if i wasnt the King or leader of the kingdom it would be cool to see all my ideas unite as a new forest kingdom! tell me what u think and if u think it could be incorperated as a new kingdom after the reset! thx