PDA

View Full Version : Prob in Ninja Quest in CGM

Lomgren
03-19-2001, 01:00 PM
When you fight the lizard king, and make it to the 3rd and final round (tyhmcidliz5.graal), no baddies show up other than the lizard king. This makes it unable to defeat the Lizard King, which is required to get a certain item for creating the "sword of Zol" in Tyhm's updated quests. Can this be remedied?

Tyhm
03-20-2001, 02:11 AM
Bah. I keep fixing that. Guess I have to fix it AGAIN...

Tyhm
03-20-2001, 10:43 AM
Kay, see if that does it.

Lomgren
03-20-2001, 10:42 PM
I tried it last night, and it worked just fine. Now I have all 3 components (unless the obsidian shaft isn't a component), but I can't get the sword itself. I have tried going to the alien blacksmith, but it says something like "cannot upgrade" anyway. Is there something else we have to get?

Tyhm
03-21-2001, 11:18 AM
The Obsidian Shaft goes to Hammer 3, not Sword 3. The Obsidian Hilt isn't up yet.

Lomgren
03-22-2001, 04:58 AM
Ok, that does clear things up a bit, now for some more waiting... :)

grim_squeaker_x
03-29-2001, 11:36 PM
It's broken again... Although I think you've probably already thought of that any NPC's which use timeouts for checking stuff will stop their timeout's if you use the setlevel or setlevel2 commands, is that perhaps what is causing this bug?

Lion'el-Jonson
03-30-2001, 12:53 AM
Wait so sword of zol is level3 sword?

Tyhm
03-30-2001, 04:02 AM
Yes, Sword of Zol is Sword 3 is Lizardon Sword.

The code really shouldn't be breaking...all I can think of is lag. if(compuscount>2) removecompus, if(compuscount<1) putcomp dragon,x,y in a timereverywhere/timeout loop...and I've tried both.
It's not all that complicated. And yet sometimes it doesn't trigger when there are no comps in the room, and it sometimes doesn't trigger when there are a thousand.

Maybe I should just put a bunch of dragons along the outside of the room, and warp them in and out....=P

grim_squeaker_x
03-30-2001, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Yes, Sword of Zol is Sword 3 is Lizardon Sword.

The code really shouldn't be breaking...all I can think of is lag. if(compuscount>2) removecompus, if(compuscount<1) putcomp dragon,x,y in a timereverywhere/timeout loop...and I've tried both.
It's not all that complicated. And yet sometimes it doesn't trigger when there are no comps in the room, and it sometimes doesn't trigger when there are a thousand.

Maybe I should just put a bunch of dragons along the outside of the room, and warp them in and out....=P

Hmm, or maybe it helps if you start the timeout for the compuscount checking everytime all the compus die and when the player enters... Just an idea though.

Tyhm
03-31-2001, 03:41 AM
Hmm...if(compusdied||(playerenters&&compuscount<1)) ?

Looks like that'd be even worse in the lag department, and more prone to getting skipped, but I'll try it...

grim_squeaker_x
03-31-2001, 07:18 PM
Wouldn't:
if (playerenters||compusdied||timeout) {
if (compuscount<1) putcomp dragon,x,y;
timeout = 0.05;
}
Work for that?