PDA

View Full Version : I deserve an Explanation

anUk
07-17-2002, 11:10 AM
Ok this is really messed up everyone...i worked my ass off on Bravo Online, i have been working there since it was Andor, i have played bravo even before it went to andor, i had 600+ hours and i was Staff Manager there(liek GM)
For some very odd reason woke up 1 day and couldnt connect to graal and i found this very odd
i talked to brandon and told him i am solving the porblem and asked if i would still have my job, he joked around and said "Nope, Your fired" and then said "Sike, i wont fire you = P" or something liek that, i took it as i had a few days to figure out the problem, i was gone for 1 day and from talking to people i found that Graal Onlinehad changed IPs or something....well so i decided what the hell ill go get a cable modem and see if that helps, so tomarrow i am getting a cable modem...
but i just would liek to know why i was fired, i was friends will all staff and all players.....they all lieked me, from what i know at least...
all i know is that i tried to help Bravo all i could, i made updates and tried to make the server pass inspection, i worked my ass off for that server and for brandon to treat me liek this?
i dont understand, i though me and him were friends....

BrandonVM (11:21:21 PM): You can thank anU for that
JBooozy (11:21:26 PM): :|
BrandonVM (11:21:35 PM): All that accomplished was creating extra
work for everyone else, but it will be fixed.
JBooozy (11:22:47 PM): But what about his next grand update? Will it have
to be checked before uploading or something?
BrandonVM (11:23:12 PM): anU = GONE
BrandonVM (11:23:17 PM): Brent fired him.
JBooozy (11:23:31 PM): Not demoted to Developer? o.O
BrandonVM (11:26:48 PM): nope = P

Boozy_Bravo
07-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Wouldn't it be better to take this up privately with Brandon or Brent?
Anyway, I'm not too sure what happened. When I logged on one day, about two or three days ago, the majority of the people said that you had been demoted to Developer. Then I talked to Brandon, as you can see from that log you posted. :P
As for your level updates, I don't know what to say. Not to be rude or mean, but they weren't that well made. I believe you being fired had something to do with that. :/

Max-imus
07-17-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Boozy_Bravo
Wouldn't it be better to take this up privately with Brandon or Brent?

Privately is the way to go.... by bringing this issue here, you not only make yourself look unprofessional, but also may make the person who fired you angry.

anUk
07-17-2002, 11:33 AM
i didnt change the log, = /
i got it exactly liek that from warlord b/c i cant connect to graal
all i know is that brandon screwed me over, i was nice to him and stuf liek that when he decided that he would take these little vacations and leave for a week-2 weeks w/o telling n e one....i dont really care, i did all i can for Bravo, i dont care n e more, my spirit is broken and i feel as if i have been screwed over by someone that i trusted.....

anUk
07-17-2002, 11:35 AM
i posted it here because i wanted to find out if n e one else knew n e thing because like i said i cannot connect to graal and i want to get my facts straight before i confront Brandon about it

Brandon
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm going to clear up all of these issues right now.

1) anU: You were fired by Brent. He was not happy with the way you reorganized staff as well as the levels you updated. I will tell you right now that I was not happy about the staff reorganization either, but it was too late to stop it, so I just went along with it and tried to make the best of the situation.

2) There is no disputing that log, it is completely genuine. Our responsibility as staff of the playerworld is to do things in such a manner as is conducive to the players returning to and being happy with the playerworld. Quite a few people were displeased with the update, therefore you have created extra work for the staff. That's not to say that the time you spent in doing so is not appreciated, but rather that a good deal of the players were not happy with the results.

3) At no time did I ever decide to take these "vacations" as you like to call them. The three times I was gone, I didn't have a choice in the matter, and I am not obligated to explain to you the reason why. I informed Stefan and Unixmad via e-mail as to the reason for my absences, and the problem that resulted in my absences was resolved. The only reason I ever would leave without telling anyone where I was going and when I was coming back would be circumstances not permitting otherwise.

I am putting a great deal of work into updating and revising things, and so are quite a few others. It is my main objective to keep the world in a state that is fun for the players and is worthy of them returning. That, and the preceding statements, are all the explanation that is owed to you.

Torankusu
07-17-2002, 12:24 PM
explained.

anUk
07-17-2002, 12:25 PM
i am not pissed off about n e thing but the fact that you didnt even try to contact me to tell me that i was fired....it is pretty frigged up that you would remove me and not even tell me, the way that you have aim set up is that only people that you have on you b/l can im you, you didnt even make an attempt to tell me that i was fired....especially seeing as how it was such a high staff position....i could see if it was ET Admin or LAT Admin or even general Admin, but not the rank that i was, it think that what you and brent did wasnt the most respectable thing you could have done to me, especially seeing as how much work i did for you and how much i thought we were friends....
soo i take it i wont be getting my job back then either...

Torankusu
07-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Bah. I can't close this. Great.

Multiflame
07-17-2002, 06:08 PM
LOL u should of realised thats brandon for ya!

Glory
07-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Andor screws everyone over.

warp2ukew
07-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by anUk
i was friends will all staff and all players.....they all lieked me

Not true ***** you css us ou twith your tag on

draygin
07-17-2002, 08:02 PM
To fix your problem where you cant log on graal go to c:// Windows and delete the hosts file you edited a while back when graal was down. That will fix the problem.

Neglegence2002
07-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by anUk
i didnt change the log, = /
i got it exactly liek that from warlord b/c i cant connect to graal
all i know is that brandon screwed me over, i was nice to him and stuf liek that when he decided that he would take these little vacations and leave for a week-2 weeks w/o telling n e one....i dont really care, i did all i can for Bravo, i dont care n e more, my spirit is broken and i feel as if i have been screwed over by someone that i trusted.....
No, you ask Nem on day when he came on if you and my brother Sky can have Andor, becasue Brandon didnt come on. You were always hungry for more power, and then when he demoted you to Developer, you got even more power hunry by demanding your rights back.

draygin
07-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Neglegence2002

No, you ask Nem on day when he came on if you and my brother Sky can have Andor, becasue Brandon didnt come on. You were always hungry for more power, and then when he demoted you to Developer, you got even more power hunry by demanding your rights back.

Trying to take something over I could agree power hungry. Mad because you lost rights and wanted them back. I dont think thats really power hungry since you had them in the first place. But then I suppose it depends on what your job is and if you really need the rights. meh