PDA

View Full Version : Rules...

Torankusu
07-16-2002, 06:15 AM
New rules, because I've seen a lot of this and I believe it can/should be stopped.

First off.
-Criticizing of playerworlds.
--Yes, it's okay to say you don't like a playerworld for certain reasons. For example:
"So and so:
I don't like SOANDSOPLAYERWORLD because the management is bad! I disagree with most of the things they do, etc, etc."
I will allow that, as long as it isn't like/doesn't include things like:
"ROFLOMGLMAO SOME ***** NAMED <name> JUST BANNED ME BECAUSE THEIR LEVELS SUCK LOL. I HATE THE PLAYERWORLD AND SUGGEST YOU NOT PLAY THERE."

I realize this is a forum to voice your opinions on playerworlds, just try to do it sensible. Each playerworld has their strengths and weaknesses, poinging them out and using them to insult one-another is not allowed either. (Things like that "FROLIC VS. Faheria" thread will not be allowed either. Please don't suggest playerworlds go private. It's not as easy as you think, considering you have to contact Stefan.)

Second.
-Ugh. I've seen A LOT of stupid messages (From !Joker, in particular) such as "o.O, :), =D" and nothing else with them. Please. Don't post things like this randomly. Make them have a point.
"=D I like the way you're running your playerworld :)" is fine, or something like that, just not "=D" out of nowhere.

I'll post more rules when Jinx is back and we can think of anymore. The regular forum rules still apply.

I will leave this open for discussion, and new rule ideas/dislikes of the rules, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

sage_chaozu
07-16-2002, 06:18 AM
I completely agree with what your saying, Torankuso, but also, some critism can go to far as to make certain people completely quit the project their working on (yes i've seen it happen and it was because of me.), same thing with staff, if your going to critisize staff on forums where everyone on graal see's them, they're going to either flame or quit their job on the server they are currently working on.

Torankusu
07-16-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by sage_chaozu
I completely agree with what your saying, Torankuso, but also, some critism can go to far as to make certain people completely quit the project their working on (yes i've seen it happen and it was because of me.), same thing with staff, if your going to critisize staff on forums where everyone on graal see's them, they're going to either flame or quit their job on the server they are currently working on. I'm aware.

Discussing what you don't like is a good thing. It's a way to voice your opinion and possibly have it changed.

Don't take it to the level where you just start to incessantly flame another person because of his/her faults/playerworlds faults.

warp2ukew
07-16-2002, 07:48 AM
YAY im in the post though its only for "O.o" I knew that would pay off. Anyway, I never saw a FROLIC VS FAHERIA thread anywhere?

Echos
07-16-2002, 12:10 PM
I think me and Torankusu need to make a world together, we think so much alike.

Aknts
07-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Here are some rules I would like to see enforced:

No posting messages aimed at playerworld owners, that could just as easily be sent to them as a private message. I'm tired of seeing posts like. "Hi <serverowner>, I just wanted to know if I was staff on your server." or "Hi <serverowner> when will your server be done?" Questions aimed directly at the playerworld owner, should be pmed.

Also, no harassment of playerworld development. Such as someone that hates your playerworld just comes into your "new screenshot" topic, and completely acts like an ass and says your stuff sucks just because they dislike you.

No more "Why is this playerworld down?" or "When will this playerworld be back up?" threads. Most of the time pw's go down because servers are being moved or something. I'm just tired of seeing 50 threads pop up in less than 12 hours because a few pw's disappear off the playerlist for a day.

That's all I can think of for now...

sage_chaozu
07-17-2002, 11:07 AM
I agree with Konidias about everything, but instead of not allowing threads about server's being down, allow one thread to be post, and any other thread be deleted, and delete every flame in the post saying "good i hate that server" in the thread and that they're happy it's down. Or just simply post it yourself the reason why the server's down.

Torankusu
07-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by sage_chaozu
I agree with Konidias about everything, but instead of not allowing threads about server's being down, allow one thread to be post, and any other thread be deleted, and delete every flame in the post saying "good i hate that server" in the thread and that they're happy it's down. Or just simply post it yourself the reason why the server's down. I'll just merge them, If I get my modship back.

DragonX2
07-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
I'll just merge them, If I get my modship back.

Why did you lose it?!

Torankusu
07-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by DragonX2

Why did you lose it?! I was given no reason.

TrueHeaT
07-17-2002, 02:41 PM
that sucks :\ i like you and i know you deserve staff positions

Torankusu
07-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT
that sucks :\ i like you and i know you deserve staff positions Yes, it does.

But, in truth, my actions were a bit immature, but I must admit. It's the most damn fun I've had in the longest of times.

Still. I'd like to know what exactly it was.

Neglegence2002
07-17-2002, 09:44 PM
Yes, it does.

But, in truth, my actions were a bit immature, but I must admit. It's the most damn fun I've had in the longest of times.

Still. I'd like to know what exactly it was.
This is bs, if Alkeran did remove you from modship, he has goin too far, i think Stefan should relive him of his duties...

archaonTCN
07-18-2002, 02:00 AM
Torankusu should get modship back. :(

I am not going to eat or drink until he gets it back!

Torankusu
07-18-2002, 04:15 AM
i still had fun. :cool: :cool:

warp2ukew
07-19-2002, 05:39 AM
:)

lol though it was gonna be by itself didnt ya? anyway toran is/was a great mod

Spark910
07-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Urizen should be Mod on PW's

Neglegence2002
07-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Spark910
Urizen should be Mod on PW's
No Urizen is an ahole, he came on Andor( when it was Andor ) and told then that it was doin too bad to be up, so he was going to take it down. But we all confirmed this with Nemesis, and he said it waznt true at all.

Devil_Gabbe_Raizan
07-20-2002, 09:56 PM
Toran is mod again :D,he ownz!

warp2ukew
07-20-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Devil_Gabbe_Raizan
Toran is mod again :D,he ownz!

yep

Torankusu
07-21-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Spark910
Urizen should be Mod on PW's Now, tell me about your reasoning...

How often does Urizen view the forums? How often does Urizen POST here? He already moderates the Playerworld Managers forum, and since ME AND JINX post most of our "work" here, we moderate this one. It's a lot better than tracking someone down just to have something stickied or closed/deleted.

Milkdude99
07-21-2002, 05:56 AM
Something needs to be done about the size of some peoples sigs, they are really getting out of hand by some , you need a wide screen TV to view some of them and that is utter nonsense.
604x304?????? thats BS :megaeek:

SingleChance
07-21-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Something needs to be done about the size of some peoples sigs, they are really getting out of hand by some , you need a wide screen TV to view some of them and that is utter nonsense.
604x304?????? thats BS :megaeek:

=/

Torankusu
07-21-2002, 10:52 AM
buy a bigger moniter?

different resolution?

23847109381029 by 239819-38710418927954 i could understand, but that is just plain stupid.

iniquitus
07-21-2002, 11:15 AM
1.) I don't want to be Mod of the Playerworlds Forum, censoring comments like "your @*&^# mom..." and stoping stupid arguments isn't something I enjoy, I'd rather be doing something more productive.

I haven't been posting lately, because with the staff changes, I'm not sure what I am, I DO read the forums however.

2.) I don't recall ever saying I was going to take any servers down. If I would of said so, don't you think I would of told this to the Manager, and not a staff member.

I DO recall asking when Brandon would be online so I could talk to him and see what his plans were for Andor because inspections were coming up...

As for me being an *******? I sugest you consult the PW Managers and get their input... If I've been an ******* I have't heard about it.

In fact, maybe you should talk to Brandon.

Urizen :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Neglegence2002

No Urizen is an ahole, he came on Andor( when it was Andor ) and told then that it was doin too bad to be up, so he was going to take it down. But we all confirmed this with Nemesis, and he said it waznt true at all.

SingleChance
07-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by iniquitus
2.) I don't recall ever saying I was going to take any servers down. If I would of said so, don't you think I would of told this to the Manager, and not a staff member.

i don't believe you told shadowless warrior before getting Rudora taken down.

iniquitus
07-21-2002, 11:54 AM
-.- I never had any involvement with Rudora related issues because i felt it was a conflict of interests, I had been staff there, so how could I possibly decide it's fait without being biased?

SingleChance
07-21-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by iniquitus
-.- I never had any involvement with Rudora related issues because i felt it was a conflict of interests, I had been staff there, so how could I possibly decide it's fait without being biased?

Were you not the one who had it taken down
?

Torankusu
07-21-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by SingleChance

Were you not the one who had it taken down
? uh, we don't wave a wand and have playerworlds taken down. There's more to that.

iniquitus
07-21-2002, 12:07 PM
To my limited knowledge, Stefan, himself, under no advice from any staff, took down Rudora for his own reasons. :rolleyes:

Neglegence2002
07-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by archaonTCN
Torankusu should get modship back. :(

I am not going to eat or drink until he gets it back!

The reverend Archaon Sharpton?

Milkdude99
07-25-2002, 04:09 AM
buy a bigger moniter?

different resolution?

23847109381029 by 239819-38710418927954 i could understand, but that is just plain stupid. Why is it you must be a ass when answering someones post? Did I call anyone stupid? and yet you say what I posted was stupid? Are you not a Graal Admin and SUPPOSED to set an example? NoT be part of the problem...why don't you try answering someone without the smartass attitude.... they may have a tendancy to listen more..........

and most decent Boards have rules on size of sigs and yet we don't?

archaonTCN
07-25-2002, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Neglegence2002

The reverend Archaon Sharpton?
hi

Torankusu
07-25-2002, 11:10 AM
Why is it you must be a ass when answering someones post? Did I call anyone stupid? and yet you say what I posted was stupid? Are you not a Graal Admin and SUPPOSED to set an example? NoT be part of the problem...why don't you try answering someone without the smartass attitude.... they may have a tendancy to listen more..........

and most decent Boards have rules on size of sigs and yet we don't? oh, yes. I seem to forgot I must only post things in your favor.

Milkdude99
07-26-2002, 03:19 AM
oh, yes. I seem to forgot I must only post things in your favor. And yet again you just proved my point , a wiseass remark.... I said NOTHING about being in my favor or not , you CAN answer NOT in favor without the WISEASS REMARKS , it only proves your too immature to do the job.

Torankusu
07-26-2002, 04:32 AM
And yet again you just proved my point , a wiseass remark.... I said NOTHING about being in my favor or not , you CAN answer NOT in favor without the WISEASS REMARKS , it only proves your too immature to do the job. hahaha. yeah. and, I'm supposed to make him shorten his signature, how?

Milkdude99
07-26-2002, 05:13 AM
hahaha. yeah. and, I'm supposed to make him shorten his signature, how? agg ok this is getting absurd now, do not Moderators make and enforce "rules" of the Board? Either you follow the rules are be banned from them , is this not what you do? If we abuse the board with flaming or cussing or whatever we lose the right to post ,right? Then set a standard of the max you can have a sig , decide with size is best suited for "most " members not just some who have a big monitor or whatever. Disk space needs to be considered too , the larger the sig the more space it takes up , you know that and you can't have people having a large sig (example not the rule: 1mb) then x how many members there are and that would be a hella lot of space, just think of the cost and how to save the game money and be fair is all I am saying. Space = money try looking after the good of the Game and Board and not being so arbitrary when someone sees something that can be improved on. Fair enough?

Torankusu
07-26-2002, 05:18 AM
There's no rule against his signature. It's just you *****ing about something else.

Milkdude99
07-26-2002, 06:36 AM
There's no rule against his signature. It's just you *****ing about something else. yes I know this (no rule) , and the whole ***** IS THE SIZE OF THE SIGNATURE , why is this so hard for you to understand?

Torankusu
07-26-2002, 06:50 AM
yes I know this (no rule) , and the whole ***** IS THE SIZE OF THE SIGNATURE , why is this so hard for you to understand? The part where I, the moderator, am supposed to make him, the paying customer, follow a rule that does not exist.

Milkdude99
07-26-2002, 08:08 AM
The part where I, the moderator, am supposed to make him, the paying customer, follow a rule that does not exist. I have seen you make rules for this Board have you not? And I am not just talking about 1 person here , we all pay if we post here and I have 2 accounts but that doesn't give me any more rights than a person with 1. Talk to Nemesis or Alk about it , if you don't feel comfortable making that decision on your own.

LordZen
07-26-2002, 08:32 AM
I think your over reacting dude...and considering hard drive space isnt a really that good of a defence. It all goes to your temporary internet files folder, which I would hope you empty every so often.

Torankusu
07-26-2002, 10:30 AM
The rule doesn't exist, therefor I am not going to enforce it. Go ahead and talk to Alkaren and Nemesis. I'm not going to make any rules because you are annoyed by his signature being so wide.

Jinx
07-30-2002, 03:04 AM
Please try not to let this argument get out of hand.

I have not seen a rule anywhere limiting signiture size. Are we suppose to make a special sig size rule just for the playerworld forum? Because that's all we really have the power to do, and that would be really stupid to do, just for this forum.

If you think a sig rule should be put in place(and I agree, one probibly should, a few sigs are getting a little large), talk to someone who has the power to make that rule.

-Jinx

Milkdude99
07-30-2002, 03:27 AM
This will be my last post on this *sigh* what I meant was NOT for me to talk to Nem or Alk but you Mods get together and discuss it and see what you guys come up with , it was only a suggestion because of some of the sigs getting out of hand , I mean its a sig not a billboard sign , how vain can these ppl get?? I mean I look at it this way , I come to read post of somewhat intelligent post not to be blinded by a billboard size sig ...:megaeek: Most Boards have specs on sigs is all I am saying and just because it has never been done maybe it's time too?? And Jinx your right it is up to the powers at be and I will abide by whatever they decide , for all Forums not just one.... ok I will shut up about it now .... I made my suggestion and that is all I have to say ......

This was never meant to start an agruement , just something I thought should be addressed...or at least talked about.

warp2ukew
07-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Toran when Moon God said something in the first palce you should have just said "Ok I will maybe try to get together with other mods and we will decide something" Not go into arguing

not trying to be mean though

<3 Toran <3

see i dun hate ya

Torankusu
08-05-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
Toran when Moon God said something in the first palce you should have just said "Ok I will maybe try to get together with other mods and we will decide something" Not go into arguing

not trying to be mean though

<3 Toran <3

see i dun hate ya I take no place in the overall Graal Forum rules.

screen_name
08-09-2002, 07:41 AM
(!Joker)

i kno

BladeSpirit
09-22-2002, 07:53 AM
Just so you know, you can't enforce rules through "sticky: new rules" because it's not legal.

I didn't agree to a form just so you can make rules as you go along, you have to add them to the rules form that "can change at anytime"

I haven't seen it changing lately, but more stickies keep comin' up.

It's unconstitutional.

And don't tell me this isn't America because the servers are supported in a bill-of-rights supported nation.

International treaties also prevent you from placing rules like that.

Even though most moderators will get mad at me for this, they still know it's true.

Something new to rant about, so do what you will ;)

Milkdude99
09-22-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by BladeSpirit
Just so you know, you can't enforce rules through "sticky: new rules" because it's not legal.

I didn't agree to a form just so you can make rules as you go along, you have to add them to the rules form that "can change at anytime"

I haven't seen it changing lately, but more stickies keep comin' up.

It's unconstitutional.

And don't tell me this isn't America because the servers are supported in a bill-of-rights supported nation.

International treaties also prevent you from placing rules like that.

Even though most moderators will get mad at me for this, they still know it's true.

Something new to rant about, so do what you will ;)
why are you reviving a 2 month old thread?
maybe you need to read the rules you agreed to when you signed up for an account under Misc on the conduct rules ....

MISCELLANEOUS (back)
Additional policies from time to time may become necessary, such as unique policies for a quest.

It is also GraalOnline policy that if anyone is locked out of one GraalOnline product, for any reason, GraalOnline may choose to lock that user's accounts out of ALL GraalOnline products, on all services. This includes current and future GraalOnline products. If a user is discovered to be playing on an account which is registered to a fraudulent or incorrect name, address, or billing method, that may also be grounds for immediate lockout.

GraalOnline reserves the right to make special-case adjustments to its policies and the steps it takes concerning violation of these policies.
-----------------------------------------------------
This includes the Forums as they are also part of the Game , it is called an escape clause to cover ANYTHING not previously stated or may come up in the Forums or Game . Any and all rules (policies) are subject to change as they see fit . You people who scream "free speech" and what your rights are need to READ what you agree to before getting an account because once you do you are bound by it rules, legally.

BladeSpirit
09-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Funny part is I DID read it.

I don't see why you have to argue against the fact that it doesn't say anything about putting rules in "sticky:bleh"
-_-

and I didn't notice it was dead =/

Torankusu
09-23-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by BladeSpirit
Funny part is I DID read it.

I don't see why you have to argue against the fact that it doesn't say anything about putting rules in "sticky:bleh"
-_-

and I didn't notice it was dead =/ Uhm, rules are rules. Policies and rules may be added and enforced at any time.

Destiny_P2P
09-27-2002, 08:29 AM
Tiransuku is right, doesnt it say something about that in the agreement or am i just drunk o.O!:p

Destiny_P2P
09-27-2002, 08:29 AM
Sorry for spelling your name wrong, Toransuku**** ;)

Destiny_P2P
09-27-2002, 08:31 AM
I dont wanna spam so forget it i know ur name i am just shaky i cant see/spell right, sorry guys if i am spamming :( Oh and i am giving my account to my friend everyone so i will only be on forums. Forums own anyway. I like forums better than graal XD. Anyways sorry For spelling your name wring and spamming!:( Torankusu..if i got it wrong sorry XD

Darlene159
09-27-2002, 06:54 PM
Destiny, you can delete or edit your own posts :\

Menace_P2P
09-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Darlene159
Destiny, you can delete or edit your own posts :\
Yea exactly...i am new and i know that! Torankusu ur banned from forums???

Milkdude99
09-28-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Menace_P2P

Yea exactly...i am new and i know that! Torankusu ur banned from forums??? He's not banned , he's a Mod he just likes to "play jokes" ;)
We can change our "title"under our name

Menace_P2P
09-28-2002, 11:58 PM
XD me=silly n00b..i am only a newb to forums not graal :p

HoudiniMan
10-23-2002, 01:15 PM
Note to Toran:

It's best to close your rules threads so idiots don't come around and go off topic with thier pointless endeavours towards insulting each others habits and the like... :\

Darlene159
10-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by HoudiniMan
Note to Toran:

It's best to close your rules threads so idiots don't come around and go off topic with thier pointless endeavours towards insulting each others habits and the like... :\

lol, and so someone doesnt come along and revive a thread where the last person posted on it almost a month ago, just to call people idiots :asleep:

Warcaptain
11-04-2002, 04:48 AM
New rules, because I've seen a lot of this and I believe it can/should be stopped.

First off.
-Criticizing of playerworlds.
--Yes, it's okay to say you don't like a playerworld for certain reasons. For example:
"So and so:
I don't like SOANDSOPLAYERWORLD because the management is bad! I disagree with most of the things they do, etc, etc."
I will allow that, as long as it isn't like/doesn't include things like:
"ROFLOMGLMAO SOME ***** NAMED <name> JUST BANNED ME BECAUSE THEIR LEVELS SUCK LOL. I HATE THE PLAYERWORLD AND SUGGEST YOU NOT PLAY THERE."

I realize this is a forum to voice your opinions on playerworlds, just try to do it sensible. Each playerworld has their strengths and weaknesses, poinging them out and using them to insult one-another is not allowed either. (Things like that "FROLIC VS. Faheria" thread will not be allowed either. Please don't suggest playerworlds go private. It's not as easy as you think, considering you have to contact Stefan.)

Second.
-Ugh. I've seen A LOT of stupid messages (From !Joker, in particular) such as "o.O, :), =D" and nothing else with them. Please. Don't post things like this randomly. Make them have a point.
"=D I like the way you're running your playerworld :)" is fine, or something like that, just not "=D" out of nowhere.

I'll post more rules when Jinx is back and we can think of anymore. The regular forum rules still apply.

I will leave this open for discussion, and new rule ideas/dislikes of the rules, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

=D

oops i mean :)

cool, glad you are actualy bieng mature now adays :P j\k