PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of Exodus (pw in the making again)

joseyisleet
07-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Here's some more screenshots of New Exodus, and thanks to green guy (our nat admin) For scripting the system and Hat npc :) and many more things.

ss1: http://www21.brinkster.com/exodusgraal/ss1.jpg
ss2: http://www21.brinkster.com/exodusgraal/ss2.jpg
ss3: http://www21.brinkster.com/exodusgraal/ss3.jpg

ss1: snap of outside the onlinestartlocal, that's not the detailed snapshot so bare with it.

ss2: snapshot of outside a Mountain yet to have a reason for being there (the mountain that is) and that's a detailed level ;).

ss3: snapshot of the hat shop levels done by green guy and edited by me to make it look a little bit snazzyer.

Ill get some more snapshots when we got something new to show you all, ohh yeah feel free to put some constructive crit in here for ideas on how we can fix the levels or tileset or anything else.

<<!!You must copy and paste the urls into your address bar!!>>

-Chicken AKA Howard
- http://www.exodusgraal2k1.cjb.net

joseyisleet
07-15-2002, 06:54 PM
sorry i forgot to add that last bit of the post, You gotta copy and paste the URL into your address bar :).

warp2ukew
07-15-2002, 07:19 PM
good job exodus crew =D

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 01:38 AM
hat #9 is nice!
I can't wait to put it onmy freaky head1118.gif!

Garel
07-16-2002, 01:58 AM
Really nice HUD. I love the houses and grass tiles.

Spark910
07-16-2002, 02:13 AM
Good Luck

joseyisleet
07-16-2002, 10:34 AM
Hehe thanks for the positive comments about the images :), ohh yeah credit goes to cronic aswell i just spruced it up a bit and some more.

Waltz5
07-16-2002, 10:49 AM
First off, I don't really care for the windows... second off the end posts on the house look like Koni's, except he has two posts.. but it looks nice. And with the posts the color looks off, doesn't seem to match the other browns.

Also, when you use those tiles for the door (around the door) there is a little piece that sticks out and is so out of place.

But, this is me just saying what I think.

Overall, it looks good.

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 03:35 PM
I can't wait until the tileset is complete so I can start building levels.
Anyways. I been messing around with making some graphics.

*Note: I'm not a GAT for Exodus, and I make these things just for fun. If they look bad oh well. If they look good then yay!

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 03:36 PM
2nd screen!

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 03:38 PM
lastly the final screen.

joseyisleet
07-16-2002, 05:42 PM
Nice levels and nice gfxs *raises thumb.
-Howard

TriNe_351
07-18-2002, 12:07 AM
Green Guyyy:

Spiff =D
(And by the way my name has three y's. Yes it does. =P)

joseyisleet
07-18-2002, 11:21 AM
sorry green :D, anyone got any kool ideas for Exodus events npcs tileset etc (may aswell keep this in one post saves spamming and etc.) :).
- Chicken AKA Howard

TriNe_351
07-18-2002, 12:26 PM
we are getting off on the Right foot this time ^_^

Xbob42
07-18-2002, 12:52 PM
I do. I'll send you a forum pm in a sec.

warp2ukew
07-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Criminal whats your spot on Exodus? I'll most likely be coming back to head admin (deciding today)

MrGannondorf
07-19-2002, 06:28 AM
is the best you can do for the graphix is edit the pics1.png file??? I'm drawing all of mine by hand, then scaning them into my comp, then cleaning them up... and your character sprites are default...

don't get me wrong, the graphix are fairly good at the part that your bothering to make them somewhat different than the default graphix... and they do look nice.

TriNe_351
07-19-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by MrGannondorf
is the best you can do for the graphix is edit the pics1.png file??? I'm drawing all of mine by hand, then scaning them into my comp, then cleaning them up... and your character sprites are default...

don't get me wrong, the graphix are fairly good at the part that your bothering to make them somewhat different than the default graphix... and they do look nice.

Well Dude im sorry to tell ya ur doing all that work for nothing Ive asked around and i have thought about making a tileset from scratch but everybody says it not possible so dont be saying **** if u cant back it up.

warp2ukew
07-19-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by TriNe_351

Well Dude im sorry to tell ya ur doing all that work for nothing Ive asked around and i have thought about making a tileset from scratch but everybody says it not possible so dont be saying **** if u cant back it up.

lel its true (what cronic said) so stfu gannondork lol jk

TriNe_351
07-19-2002, 07:36 AM
thank ya joker You Decide yet *****........

Torankusu
07-19-2002, 08:18 AM
I guess you could make a tileset from scratch, if you redid it -completely-.

TriNe_351
07-19-2002, 08:22 AM
people told me it wasnt possible how can u do it?

Other then remembering the spots where tiles were walkable and where tiles arent.... lol

joseyisleet
07-20-2002, 08:13 AM
Cronic we dont need a new order tileset cause tiles are easy to find, and second of all we'll just edit the old one like we are doing now, ohh yeah héres a snap of my side of the map im doing.

TriNe_351
07-20-2002, 12:33 PM
i know =P

Xbob42
07-20-2002, 04:57 PM
I don't know if that post was directed to me or the others working in Exodus.

If it was directed to me then read my first post where I told you I'm an amateur when it comes to making graphics, expecially in paint. Those graphics that I did and the ones I edited are not going to be on Exodus. That is stuff I was doing just for fun until the actual tileset being made by someone else is complete.
Until then I won't be able to do any levels.

I will probably be scripting a few things and contributing as many ideas as I possibly can until I've been sent the tileset so I can make levels. My position on Exodus is a Level Maker.

As for the other comments about being able to make a tileset from scratch. I believe it is possible if you place grass tiles in spots where the normal grass tiles would be, blocking tiles in places where blocking tiles are, etc.

I think it would be nice if Stefan could make it where we can change what tiles could be blocking and not blocking, water, etc., and change the size of the tileset for the tiles window. It would greatly help people to organize things a little better instead of having to search like crazy for certain tiles that are not commonly used or seen in the predefined objects list.

Beachbum
07-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
Criminal whats your spot on Exodus? I'll most likely be coming back to head admin (deciding today)

Evan:
I think i'm player relations :-)

Nitkizi
07-21-2002, 10:01 AM
All I have to say is that the grass tiles are horrid and that the windows look like sl-window1.gif :megaeek: