PDA

View Full Version : Well I forgot to show this a bit ago (when Murasamune came down)

Frolic_RC2
07-15-2002, 12:49 AM
As many of you know Murasamune was a private server. Looking at some threads, I want to show I tried to get it up honestly...

(Note: Keep in mind, this wasn't really meant for the public eye from the way I saw it, but I still want to show everyone, as I think it would only be fair)

Heres the review Psyker gave it:

<Begin Review>

I've got to say, well done.

The name selection thing is pretty cool, but I think you should add some more spaces for names. And also, add the characters like , , etc. for those special names. I know that they can be abused, but I'm guessing you have ways of counteracting that, right? (NPCserver, or something? I'm pretty sure you can block the setnick command, or something...)

I'm hoping that you design more heads. The one's now are okay, but it sure would be nice to see a much larger variety. (don't leave out female heads, too!)

The onlinestartlocal was unexpected; I was expecting some sort of boring, natural introduction level with the same old tiles used over and over, but what you did was nifty.

The introduction was AWESOME. I've never seen a better one. I've seen some decent ones, but this one just blows the roof.

It was fun fighting the blobby with the sword. (too bad the bow/arrows didn't work, that would be so much fun) Until five minutes later that I realized that he wasn't going to die, and that you still have a lot of things to finish.

<Soul Blade's added note - "mining" is to general a word, I would explain more but, to those who have seen the files explaining everything, understand...just want to let you know the scripts and such for mining were made before g2k1, and enhanced after. So fear not, it is nothing as most would see, as every playerworld so far has given a bad name to mining, making most see it as a rip off Graal. Anywho, back to Psyker>

The mining was alright, even though I had a hard time finding the way to different levels. You should try to make some more tiles that would show a different path or direction as to where the next level or whatever would be.

I had a hard time writing this review because I'm used to the normal pass/fail stuff, but I guess this would pass as a PUC server.

so... yeah. (by the way, some of those scripts are pretty complex)

Murasamune's status : Private Underconstruction server (well, that's a new one!)

<End Review>

Also, please note Psyker never said I could post this, I don't know if I was able to or not, so don't get mad =P.

Well from the it went to Stefan, and from Stefan it went online. I wanted to release it by the end of summer, and eventually I figured that couldn't be done so it discouraged me a ton, and made me realize I really shouldn't have a private server and I don't need one.

Anywho, theres the review, and to all you people trying to get private servers, just try to get ALOT done, and go through the reviewers.

Spark910
07-15-2002, 01:24 AM
That sounds cool, I want that online, Why dont you submit it for retest but to go online?

Frolic_RC2
07-15-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Spark910
That sounds cool, I want that online, Why dont you submit it for retest but to go online?

Heh did you read the whole post?

Brad
07-15-2002, 02:37 AM
It was fun when it got online as private even though for some reason he made my account the level 4...hehehehe...

Falcor
07-15-2002, 02:55 AM
If you put atleast 1 cucumber on your server, hidden in a little place, away from civilization. Ill come on your server. hehhe

Mykel
07-15-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Falcor
If you put atleast 1 cucumber on your server, hidden in a little place, away from civilization. Ill come on your server. hehhe

...........lmao....

warp2ukew
07-15-2002, 03:05 AM
soul blade unblcok me on aim (NykonX2) because i wanna be GFX (you already know that) and i need ot talk to you about 1 more thing which could help ALOT

brock128
07-15-2002, 03:19 AM
This is confusing me, Is Murasamune still alive?

warp2ukew
07-15-2002, 03:32 AM
yes

Mykel
07-15-2002, 03:38 AM
obviously...that is kinda what this post is about...

Glory
07-16-2002, 01:16 AM
Corupt: hey soul what was your into?

Frolic_RC2
07-16-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Glory
Corupt: hey soul what was your into?

Heh you will have to wait and see =P.

adam
07-16-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
soul blade unblcok me on aim (NykonX2) because i wanna be GFX (you already know that) and i need ot talk to you about 1 more thing which could help ALOT

Why would he want you to work for him if he blocked you?