PDA

View Full Version : Yohoki Preview

sage_chaozu
07-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Shavo:

I'm just promoting the in-the-works server Yohoki. It is basically set in ancient china/japan. I am Co-Owner/GFX Admin. I would just like to show you the tileset that I am currently working on. I will be posting a story line as soon as the owner, Kojiro Chang, finishes with it. If you could rate this level with the current tileset on it, i'd be thankful.

(The bright green stuff are newly-cut bamboo fences, I have to change the colors.)

thomasward
07-14-2002, 11:10 AM
Not bad, the grass is too repetitive, make some more grass tiles using the same colours. The other coloured grass and the rocks are alright but for some reason I just don't like the water and the water edge bits, change them.

sage_chaozu
07-14-2002, 11:24 AM
Shavo:

There are lots of grass tiles I've already made, i just forgot to actually pick up the rocks and my head's in the way so you can't see the grass when you pick up a sign.

sage_chaozu
07-14-2002, 11:30 AM
Shavo:

Okay here's the updated screen shot. LOL sorry for posting so much didn't mean to spam.

Faheria_LAT3
07-14-2002, 11:31 AM
mmmmkay: Refer to this thread http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33468 :(

sage_chaozu
07-14-2002, 11:54 AM
Shavo:

We already have our staff, i was just posting for opinions. We don't post "Please work for our server" or try to con people on other servers to work for us by massing constantly like most lamers. =/

Edit:

Oh yeah, and referring to the link you gave me, I wasn't even working for this server as staff at first, i was just making a tileset for a friend. He then offered me Co-Ownership and I said "if thats what you want." We have good staff, one of them being the person i'm sharing this account with. Trust me, I know alot of PW's now a days are trying to get alot of staff so they can get their pw done quickly, but I don't think that's how this upcoming pw will be run. I believe we'll just work with who we've got, and if it takes a year to get this server done, then it's going to take a year. We're going to take our time and make sure we have every detail, and if it fails when we submit the server, that's not the end. We take what the reviewer said, and try to spruce those specific things up. Graal might not even exist when this pw is finished, but you never know. For instance, take Ryan (Evildred), he's been working on Eclipse for three years, and look how far he's gotten (not an insult, an accomplishment). Believe me, I know how annoying it is to have people begging other people to be staff on their server, and well, i work for two servers besides Yohoki, one being Odium and one being Pandora (which i'm just really helping warcap with not really actually being staff, i just offered to help him if he needed help). So it seems to me that your "theory" does not apply to this playerworld project, but thanks for the tip.

weirdpikachu2
07-14-2002, 12:39 PM
ahhhh that grass disturbes me... looks like the place got nuked... colors are too unsaturated for my taste Xx; rocks and all the other things just look too... gradient... but i usually perfer some sort of dark outline in gfx so you dont get the blending effect between object and whats behind it... its just too.. different for my taste

good job, however. i wish you best of luck

Cid_Night
07-14-2002, 01:13 PM
looks pretty cool to me, you guys were the ones that made the fighen roxxor japanese style houses with the basic tileset right? god that was frighen great.

sage_chaozu
07-14-2002, 02:45 PM
Shavo:

Well in response to your post, I feel I should show you the current state of the roof of the basic house. Yes, as you said, Kojiro is the one who made Japanese-style houses out of regular tile sets, but as you can see here, that won't be necessary.

Garel
07-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Hmm the grass looks a little bit dead :) I liked your building more.

Mista_Micro
07-14-2002, 07:36 PM
good server all around O.O

warp2ukew
07-14-2002, 07:43 PM
water is too plain and bright. I like everything else but the grass (sort of) and i really like the church roof

MysticZhadow
07-14-2002, 07:59 PM
I will be posting a story line as soon as the owner, Kojiro Chang, finishes with it

Kojiro: The story is still under heavy construction since I am
studying Japanese Living and there Relegion >.< so it will
be a couple of weeks intell I get the story out for the public
and after our story gets out me and Shavo will think about puting
out a demo for people to interact of what we got so far and check
out the new Systems were making for this server...

Spark910
07-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Make tileset more bright, also the building roof on that 1 file makes me think the resf of building may be too small?

sage_chaozu
07-15-2002, 12:46 AM
Shavo:

Yes, the roof does look a tad small, thanks for pointing that out. As for the water, lol i haven't actually finished that yet. I was thinking about putting dirt in the water to make it look actually shallow.

WHIPENIE4
07-15-2002, 01:09 AM
Told you on aim it was good, I still think its good :)

But I would take the lightest green you have for the grass right now and put it a little less light should help.

sage_chaozu
07-15-2002, 01:38 AM
Shavo:

Update: Here's an update on the current status of Yohoki.

As I have stated previously in this post, I of course am making the tileset. Our scripter, Sage Chaozu, whom I'm sharing this account with, is going to attempt to make a farming-type system in which you select the Item you wish to use from a pop-up farming menu. I will post a screen shot of the actual menu as soon as it is created.

In other news, Kojiro and his friend are currently working on the actual story line for Yohoki. I hope we can post it soon as possible. For those of you who actually care about this playerworld, and are sticking with us and baring with us with these utterly useless posts, we thank you.

sage_chaozu
07-15-2002, 07:25 AM
Shavo:

Kojiro Chang took into consideration your grass critism, so he has basically fixed the problem by just reducing the brightness of the grass and making it a more realistic colour. Opinions are appreciated.

Coolgirl
08-02-2002, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sage_chaozu
[B]Shavo:

I'm just promoting the in-the-works server Yohoki.

YOU SUCK YOU ARE STEALING MY TOWN NAME!

BeZeRkEr
08-02-2002, 09:15 AM
haha
way to use grass directly from tutorial
oh and the rocks too? yes you did!

DarkHero2002
08-02-2002, 09:19 AM
I like the grass a lot but the edges around the water need to be spruced up some

royce
08-03-2002, 01:37 AM
I wouldnt mind trying out as level maker.

Legondary_MyTH
08-03-2002, 05:36 AM
If you are sticking with those tiles make new bodys plz cause those bodys arent too matchable =D

screen_name
08-03-2002, 06:16 AM
(!Joker)

grass is way to repetetive (sp?)