Here's a level i made for my LAT tryout for classic, which got me thru :D
I wanna see what you guys make of it :P Anyway, here it is:

Torankusu
07-13-2002, 06:48 AM
That got you through...?

Er, I'd give it a 4-5/10.

Pooka
07-13-2002, 07:02 AM
:( someone's stingy with their level rating. What's wrong with it, if it gets THAT low? yes, its simple, but i think it looks nice. Not all good levels have to have complex houses and good looking cliffs and stuff.

Torankusu
07-13-2002, 07:20 AM
Sorry. I forgot classic and 2001 levels have a difference of style.

It's a nice level. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10

Faheria_LAT3
07-13-2002, 07:58 AM
mmmmkay: Well toran I think your rating was good (5). Look at the ground tiling, to be a classic LAT I'd like to see more advanced than that. And the level itself is rather plain. But then most of it is forest, so a higher rating can't really be achieved.

evilive
07-13-2002, 08:03 AM
A bit plain in the work of tiles... if you want to be in LAT, be more creative with tile placing. Don't just make the obvious...

Zakur
07-13-2002, 08:50 AM
Did you try out with the June application? If you did, I voted against you. I know that classic has a lower bar for level making, but the LEAST you could do is fix the tile errors.

Torankusu
07-13-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Zakur
Did you try out with the June application? If you did, I voted against you. I know that classic has a lower bar for level making, but the LEAST you could do is fix the tile errors. Where's the application?

;)

Cid_Night
07-13-2002, 10:30 AM
id give it a 5/10...its nice but it could be detailed alot, make the river a bit more interesting, its so incredibly straight...but its alright

Faheria_LAT3
07-13-2002, 10:43 AM
I know that classic has a lower bar for level making, but the LEAST you could do is fix the tile errors.
mmmmkay: Only tile errors I see are millions of half grass tiles.

Zakur
07-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT3

mmmmkay: Only tile errors I see are millions of half grass tiles.

And those are bad enough.

There is also one in the bottom right trees.

Ok, so I like to nit-pick ;)

Faheria_LAT3
07-13-2002, 11:46 AM

And those are bad enough.

There is also one in the bottom right trees.

Ok, so I like to nit-pick ;)
mmmmkay: Observant, I see it now. ;)

Pooka
07-13-2002, 01:55 PM
bah, the half grass is detail. using the full sized grass makes it look too repetitive, and the level isnt supposed to be full of detail, it's supposed to be a plain, everyday forest level, and i AM a classic lat, it got me through, along wit others :P but yes, i do apologise for the one tile error. Very observant :D

Torankusu
07-13-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Pooka
bah, the half grass is detail. using the full sized grass makes it look too repetitive, and the level isnt supposed to be full of detail, it's supposed to be a plain, everyday forest level, and i AM a classic lat, it got me through, along wit others :P but yes, i do apologise for the one tile error. Very observant :D half-grassed = half-assed.