PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Book

MrGannondorf
07-12-2002, 07:30 AM
From what I hear, theres gonna be a way to make your own server like in the old days :D. I'm gonna have this cool server called Sketch Book. After the opening cinima, the player's character goes insane and then the graphix in the game are going to be that of my drawings. Gray scale, and animeish :D. I have alot of nifty things I plan to build for it, such as a rather nifty colectable card game like magic the gathering, but is extreamly different: as in, not about a battle of any kind.
Other things will be my own varient of the player house systems, and some sort of computer system were there will be a kind of "email" system were players can "email" other accounts, wich then comunication with other accounts will be easier because you can email offline accounts. What is different from 2k1's email, you might ask? mine will be good, unlike 2k1's. Other things may be some games the character can buy, as well as a system to adjust your sub screen and stats skins, etc.
I will be redoing alot of the default game things. Not just the graphix, but the player's movements, etc will be re-scripted. I might make it so there will be 8 (count them. not 4!) posible directions the character can face. Swords will be re-done (kinda like dragon koden, but slightly different). And alot more will to be expected! WEEEE!

I am almost done with a nice web page for the server made with shockwave, so you may need something another to see it, although I'm not sure because this is only my second ever web page. I will post it's url when I finished and if enough people seem excited (exitedpeople's count>0).

Also, I am not hireing any developers untill I know the server gets up, so no one gets in the way of my ideas, as well as I will be the only one disapointed. Don't worry, I am better than most with scripting, graphix, etc... pretty much all of the developer's work.

as for the other kind of staff, I will not be hireing faq, and I already have my gp chief.

uhh, I think that is all.

warp2ukew
07-12-2002, 07:41 AM
um good luck

G_yoshi
07-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by MrGannondorf
From what I hear, theres gonna be a way to make your own server like in the old days :D. I'm gonna have this cool server called Sketch Book. After the opening cinima, the player's character goes insane and then the graphix in the game are going to be that of my drawings. Gray scale, and animeish :D. I have alot of nifty things I plan to build for it, such as a rather nifty colectable card game like magic the gathering, but is extreamly different: as in, not about a battle of any kind.
Other things will be my own varient of the player house systems, and some sort of computer system were there will be a kind of "email" system were players can "email" other accounts, wich then comunication with other accounts will be easier because you can email offline accounts. What is different from 2k1's email, you might ask? mine will be good, unlike 2k1's. Other things may be some games the character can buy, as well as a system to adjust your sub screen and stats skins, etc.
I will be redoing alot of the default game things. Not just the graphix, but the player's movements, etc will be re-scripted. I might make it so there will be 8 (count them. not 4!) posible directions the character can face. Swords will be re-done (kinda like dragon koden, but slightly different). And alot more will to be expected! WEEEE!

I am almost done with a nice web page for the server made with shockwave, so you may need something another to see it, although I'm not sure because this is only my second ever web page. I will post it's url when I finished and if enough people seem excited (exitedpeople's count>0).

Also, I am not hireing any developers untill I know the server gets up, so no one gets in the way of my ideas, as well as I will be the only one disapointed. Don't worry, I am better than most with scripting, graphix, etc... pretty much all of the developer's work.

as for the other kind of staff, I will not be hireing faq, and I already have my gp chief.

uhh, I think that is all.

Hmm, 3 posts...*sniff, sniff, sniff* Yep! He's a n00b :p

albus777
07-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

Hmm, 3 posts...*sniff, sniff, sniff* Yep! He's a n00b :p
Not everyone uses the forums.

G_yoshi
07-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by albus777

Not everyone uses the forums.

I know :)

warp2ukew
07-12-2002, 08:53 AM
one thing, change the name from Sketch Book to something else lol

Aknts
07-12-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
one thing, change the name from Sketch Book to something else lol

Yeah, Sketch Book is an odd name...

Falcor
07-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Hehehe, Nice idea, I'd accually enjoy an original graphics sceme hehehe. But yes the name could use some doing over.

royce
07-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Think about all the little kids who cant connect faster than 56k....

thrashsoul
07-12-2002, 07:45 PM
same thing as warp2uknew said,Change the name sketch book to something else

Link77
07-13-2002, 01:49 AM
hehe yescange the name but i like the idea.

anyhting that doesnt have to do with graal now and is a new idea is good. lol

maybe if im bored one day i could help draw some ****.

Kuza
07-13-2002, 02:39 AM
Sketchia Bookia... =\

nyghtGT
07-13-2002, 05:54 AM
you would draw the ground? ;p

Dark-Dragoon
07-13-2002, 09:57 AM
omi name it Sketchia Bookia!

MrGannondorf
07-13-2002, 11:14 AM
well, the ground might be a bit white or gray, with the ocasional flower, puff of grass, and cigarett butts... jk about that last one. the ground will likely be white. as for the name, I kinda like it. why? because it is different... kinda like my ideas for the server.
Oh, and I posted to chest images in the a part of the forum about graphix... I hope the img showed up in it... if not, tell me so I can atatch them to it.

MrGannondorf
07-13-2002, 11:15 AM
but if you think you could think up a more fitting name, add some posts to your count! lol

MrGannondorf
07-14-2002, 02:24 AM
Don't have a better name for it?

freddyfox
07-14-2002, 02:26 AM
It's a nice idea, but, not to discourage you or anything, 1 out of every 10 playerworlds pass. Spend LOTS of time on it and get a dedicated team and you'll have a much better chance of getting it up.

MrGannondorf
07-14-2002, 11:58 AM
I know. I've got alot of a very complex plot done. the server wont be done for a while. also, I've heard a rumor about a player world system were players can make thier own servers much easier. kinda like the old g-server.