PDA

View Full Version : NPulse RP team


cloudstrifevii
07-11-2002, 07:26 AM
N-Pulse has decided to make an RP island. It will have kingdoms and bring a sense of RP to the server. Me and Joker are the head of the RP Development team there and we need some recruits. The job consists of level making and scripting mainly. You don't have to be good at both but we will not just "let" people in. If you are interested post here.

cloudstrifevii
07-11-2002, 07:31 AM
Oh yea also please post your e-mail and/or AIM/Trillian

Python523
07-11-2002, 07:36 AM
roleplay doesn't work well on servers with massive PKers and 'kill-all-the-baddies' type quests =/

cloudstrifevii
07-11-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Python523
roleplay doesn't work well on servers with massive PKers and 'kill-all-the-baddies' type quests =/
Its a seperate island so hopefully it will reduce that but its true role play doesnt usually work well.

TDK_RC6
07-11-2002, 07:47 AM
im interested in the LAT job

email:[email protected]
aim:Sk8erfreak016

Brad
07-11-2002, 07:50 AM
DeathChill:
Hi, what will your job be? Basically to boss everyone around and be a big man? Excellent work because I hate you no matter what :cool:

Ghost Pirate
07-11-2002, 07:50 AM
Its funny

Before Graal2001 had kingdoms and RPing and all that

There was like 1 or 2 RP servers now almost all these servers want to have a peice of RPing...which will fail horriably

warp2ukew
07-11-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Brad
DeathChill:
Hi, what will your job be? Basically to boss everyone around and be a big man? Excellent work because I hate you no matter what :cool:
We do the most work of making things. Since we can script and make levels our job will be twice as hard.

prozac424242
07-11-2002, 11:13 AM
I'm interested in the Scripting job,
made a cool system that never got online.
I owned/scripted for sanstrata, which was about to become RP like just before it got taken down.
Plus, how many other Graal players have 20 years programming experience? I like Graal and RP and hope to make that server more fun! email: [email protected] aim: prozac4242

Brad
07-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew

We do the most work of making things. Since we can script and make levels our job will be twice as hard.
DeathChill:
Hey, don't worry!I still hate you! :cool:

PS: DIE

nyghtGT
07-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Scotty: Hi. RP and PK do not mix. N-Pulse and originality do not mix either, Thankyou and please go away.

G_yoshi
07-11-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by prozac424242
I'm interested in the Scripting job,
made a cool system that never got online.
I owned/scripted for sanstrata, which was about to become RP like just before it got taken down.
Plus, how many other Graal players have 20 years programming experience? I like Graal and RP and hope to make that server more fun! email: [email protected] aim: prozac4242

You could help me :) I am always looking for more talented NPC Scriptors :D

By the way, where did you get that *****in Samus image?

archaonTCN
07-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Python523
roleplay doesn't work well on servers with massive PKers and 'kill-all-the-baddies' type quests =/
N-Pulse does hardly have any kill-the-baddies quests.

HoudiniMan
07-11-2002, 03:49 PM
My advice: Don't even.
-HoudiniMan - Long time NP player

BeZeRkEr
07-11-2002, 04:22 PM
npulse is certainly original
well at least they make own hat gfx
even though most are ugly and not centered
gotta give them some credit for making a old thing worse

archaonTCN
07-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr
npulse is certainly original
well at least they make own hat gfx
even though most are ugly and not centered
gotta give them some credit for making a old thing worse
Some hats are actually nice. Especially the spider baddy-hat. :)

But, I don't think RP on N-Pulse is a good idea, it will probably just be a waste of time. There are already RP servers, not everyone should follow the trend.

BeZeRkEr
07-11-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by archaonTCN

Some hats are actually nice. Especially the spider baddy-hat. :)

But, I don't think RP on N-Pulse is a good idea, it will probably just be a waste of time. There are already RP servers, not everyone should follow the trend.

archaon.. didn't you say that npulse would rock once they got an npc server? do you even work there anymore? >_<

archaonTCN
07-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr


archaon.. didn't you say that npulse would rock once they got an npc server? do you even work there anymore? >_<
Nope, I am doing some script work though, so I need to get in contact with Sparker so I can test the scripts I have so far.

Kaimetsu
07-11-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by prozac424242
Plus, how many other Graal players have 20 years programming experience?

Bah, that doesn't mean anything!

(You need 500 posts to specify an avatar. But 40KB might be a little big)

BeZeRkEr
07-11-2002, 04:57 PM
im sure having programming experience helps
graal is different from programming but the basics are there
thats what i think anyway

AlexH
07-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by prozac424242
I'm interested in the Scripting job,
made a cool system that never got online.
I owned/scripted for sanstrata, which was about to become RP like just before it got taken down.
Plus, how many other Graal players have 20 years programming experience? I like Graal and RP and hope to make that server more fun! email: [email protected] aim: prozac4242

*reads sig*

You need 500 posts.
You might need to size it down a little too.

GraalBR
07-11-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii
N-Pulse has decided to make an RP island. It will have kingdoms and bring a sense of RP to the server. Me and Joker are the head of the RP Development team there and we need some recruits. The job consists of level making and scripting mainly. You don't have to be good at both but we will not just "let" people in. If you are interested post here.

And I suppose as Scaarub is still learning advanced GFX you will want me to make them as im the only other GFX person.
You WILL have to wait in Line Son.

BTW If any of you are good at gfx and intrested in a job IM Me.

GraalBR
07-11-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr
npulse is certainly original
well at least they make own hat gfx
even though most are ugly and not centered
gotta give them some credit for making a old thing worse

I made non of those GFX for the hats.

I might start work on some more though :).

BTW BeZ pls stop using my head <3 jk.

BeZeRkEr
07-11-2002, 08:07 PM
i never said you made those hats
i just said they suck
and what do you mean "learning advanced GFX"
show me some of these advanced gfx

warp2ukew
07-11-2002, 08:24 PM
weirdpikachu made the hats

Andor_RC9
07-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate
Its funny

Before Graal2001 had kingdoms and RPing and all that

There was like 1 or 2 RP servers now almost all these servers want to have a peice of RPing...which will fail horriably

Which is why I am making my server non-rp. Graal needs to be reminded of what it was first about, not all the stuff that goes on today.

Anyways I am an old N-Pulse fan and I like N-Pulse for what it is and so do many others. Its an old ancient server that has managed to keep up with the times but making it an RP or even thinking of putting RP on the server would clash with the rest of it and over time would take over the server. Now what do you have. Another piece of **** server that is all about rping.

warp2ukew
07-11-2002, 08:36 PM
thats where your wrong, there will be an island very far from "npulse" and thats where you RP. anywhere outside of it you do not where kingdom tags or rp.

archaonTCN
07-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
thats where your wrong, there will be an island very far from "npulse" and thats where you RP. anywhere outside of it you do not where kingdom tags or rp.
RP OUTSIDE KINGDOM ISLAND = BAN :p

draygin
07-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
thats where your wrong, there will be an island very far from "npulse" and thats where you RP. anywhere outside of it you do not where kingdom tags or rp.

They should make it so if you put your rp tag on you get warped to the island if you take it off you get warped to the unstick me point. Then make that the only way to get to the island.

cloudstrifevii
07-11-2002, 11:58 PM
Yes tahts a good idea Draygin and maybe we will do it that way but it all depends on what moongod will do and let us do. Please only post here if you are interested and not just to post pointless stuff to flaunt about how much it will suck.

warp2ukew
07-12-2002, 03:21 AM
i like you idea madmartigan

draygin
07-12-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
i like you idea madmartigan

It's an easy script and you could even base it on what kingdom you belong to is where you get warped. :) That way only RPers can get in and you cant walk around with your RP tag on in the main area.

Kaimetsu
07-12-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr
im sure having programming experience helps
graal is different from programming but the basics are there
thats what i think anyway

Programming experience may help you develop gscripting skills, but the only thing you have to represent you as a scripter is those skills themselves. Prior experience means squat if you don't properly apply it. I'm not saying that he hasn't, I'm just saying that there must be better and more truthful ways for him to advertise himself.

archaonTCN
07-12-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu


Programming experience may help you develop gscripting skills, but the only thing you have to represent you as a scripter is those skills themselves. Prior experience means squat if you don't properly apply it. I'm not saying that he hasn't, I'm just saying that there must be better and more truthful ways for him to advertise himself.
That's reversible as well, learning programming was easier for me since I knew quite a lot about GScript, I've learned a lot of nifty methods of doing stuff, that most languages have in common.

warp2ukew
07-12-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by draygin


It's an easy script and you could even base it on what kingdom you belong to is where you get warped. :) That way only RPers can get in and you cant walk around with your RP tag on in the main area.

ya were gonna do that

prozac424242
07-12-2002, 09:50 AM
a better way to advertise myself?
I see what you mean, Kaimetsu.
20 years doing what kind of programming?
When i was six years old I taught myself
line number BASIC, in high school
learned DOS batch files, Qbasic,
in college Pascal, C++, Perl, Javascript.
Now I am a webmaster for several
newspaper websites that get
more than 800,000 hits a month.

Why would that make me a good scripter
for a graal server?
I have been looking at real world
problems and applying solutions
with computer skills for nearly
my whole life.
I have been playing graal for two years
and anything I can think of that a computer
can do, and gscript can do I have made,
too many scripts to mention.

Want to test me?
Give me any challenge that can be
done with Gscript and I will make it,
keeping in mind that while programming
is my strong point, I suck at math.
Even at my more than $20,000 dollar a year
webmaster job I need hardly any math.

I even get programming solutions
in my dreams at night and wake up
with an answer.

Thanks for the info on the avatar.
The picture of Samus is from super
smash brothers on the N64

warp2ukew
07-12-2002, 09:52 AM
wow 20,000 a year *drops dead*

G_yoshi
07-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by prozac424242
a better way to advertise myself?
I see what you mean, Kaimetsu.
20 years doing what kind of programming?
When i was six years old I taught myself
line number BASIC, in high school
learned DOS batch files, Qbasic,
in college Pascal, C++, Perl, Javascript.
Now I am a webmaster for several
newspaper websites that get
more than 800,000 hits a month.

Why would that make me a good scripter
for a graal server?
I have been looking at real world
problems and applying solutions
with computer skills for nearly
my whole life.
I have been playing graal for two years
and anything I can think of that a computer
can do, and gscript can do I have made,
too many scripts to mention.

Want to test me?
Give me any challenge that can be
done with Gscript and I will make it,
keeping in mind that while programming
is my strong point, I suck at math.
Even at my more than $20,000 dollar a year
webmaster job I need hardly any math.

I even get programming solutions
in my dreams at night and wake up
with an answer.

Thanks for the info on the avatar.
The picture of Samus is from super
smash brothers on the N64

Duh, I know who Samus is :p I just want to know where you got that detailed model :) SSB on the N64 did not have that detailed of characters :p Now SSBM...mmmm :D

I must say, though, I am greatly impressed :) Although somewhat of a paraphrased esume to some extent, its still good in my opinion :)

warp2ukew
07-12-2002, 10:19 AM
=D

Kaimetsu
07-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by prozac424242
a better way to advertise myself?
I see what you mean, Kaimetsu.

I really meant that you should prove your scripting skills. I mean, there are programmers out there with fifty years of coding experience, but if they're bad coders or if they've never even seen GScript then they won't be good scripters. I merely meant that you should show us something nice that you've made.


Want to test me?
Give me any challenge that can be
done with Gscript and I will make it,
keeping in mind that while programming
is my strong point, I suck at math.


Hey, maths is a major part of coding. I couldn't have made this (see attachment in next post :() 3D engine without it ;)

Python523
07-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu


I really meant that you should prove your scripting skills. I mean, there are programmers out there with fifty years of coding experience, but if they're bad coders or if they've never even seen GScript then they won't be good scripters. I merely meant that you should show us something nice that you've made.



Hey, maths is a major part of coding. I couldn't have made this 3D engine (http://kaimetsu.tripod.com/graal.png) without it ;)
img hosted by tripod @[email protected] what a GREAT script ;p
j/kj/k I've seen the script and it's leet :D

prozac424242
07-12-2002, 11:18 AM
math is a major part of coding?

Is someone paying you more than $20,000 a year
to make graal 3D engine npcs?

I rest my case.


btw try to avoid too much multiplication.
The microchip circut nand-based gateways
for multiplying use the most processing time.

I remember seeing your 3d engine,
very nicely done.

Just that you do not have to be good at math
to be a good programmer.

Kaimetsu
07-12-2002, 11:22 AM
HERE IS THE SCREENSHOT

Kaimetsu
07-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by prozac424242
math is a major part of coding?

Is someone paying you more than $20,000 a year
to make graal 3D engine npcs?


Dude. That's a small salary. And besides, you're a web guy. That's not exactly taxing programming. If you wanna do anything complicated, you need to know what 1+1 equals.


btw try to avoid too much multiplication.
The microchip circut nand-based gateways
for multiplying use the most processing time.


Oh, god, stop. It might work on the little kids, but anyone who's ever programmed seriously knows that multiplication is more expensive than addition. Trying to explain it in long words isn't going to impress anybody older than twelve. I've designed a processor from scratch, I don't need you throwing jargon at me.

I remember seeing your 3d engine,
very nicely done.

This is a new one, as it happens.


Just that you do not have to be good at math
to be a good programmer.

Well, it really depends on how you look at it. You could be great at coding simple things like sorts and searches, but if you can't code complicated models then you're not a good programmer. As soon as you start placing boundaries on what you can do, you diminish your worth as a coder.

Python523
07-12-2002, 12:22 PM
you DO need great math skills to become a GREAT programmer, I'll use myself and kaimetsu as an example
me - I think I'm a pretty good script, but I'm not that great as math (since I'm only 14, haven't learned it all yet), I know how to use the commands and such but I cant do all the formulas needed to make things like that new 3d engine that kaimetsu has made that requires mathimatical skills

kaimetsu - great scripter, knows how to work the commands AND has math skills so he can script AND throw in math

You can master the commands but in order to make realy great things that are beyond the commands base use, you need math skills, like for that 3d orb kaimetsu made, it uses basic showimg,changeimgvis/colors/zoom but it is going beyond the basic use of the command since math formulas to make it have a 3d effect are in place

Xbob42
07-12-2002, 12:55 PM
1) Genesis you shouldn't even bother attempting to work for them. Remember when you were working with us on Everworld and you were fired for a stupid tile error.

2) RPing is not gonna go anywhere on N-Pulse.
Half the server will be jailed for cursing and eventually banned. 90% of the staff will get fired for the stuff they will be doing without their tags during RP. Don't tell me this won't happen either. Moon Goddess knows herself that most players on N-Pulse can't think straight.
That's one of the main reasons I hardly play there anymore. I've been going all around to different playerworlds to see which ones are good, and sadly the only ones worth playing are Rudora, Maloria, and the Gold Servers.

3) I will go to RP Island and pk everyone that goes there since there's nothing else original/creative or worthwhile to do there.

As for quests being unoriginal. It's so true. Nothing but carry the pot, bush, whatever, stupid riddles, kill the baddies, touch the million doors until you reach the end.

Xbob42
07-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by prozac424242
a better way to advertise myself?
I see what you mean, Kaimetsu.
20 years doing what kind of programming?
When i was six years old I taught myself
line number BASIC, in high school
learned DOS batch files, Qbasic,
in college Pascal, C++, Perl, Javascript.
Now I am a webmaster for several
newspaper websites that get
more than 800,000 hits a month.

Why would that make me a good scripter
for a graal server?
I have been looking at real world
problems and applying solutions
with computer skills for nearly
my whole life.
I have been playing graal for two years
and anything I can think of that a computer
can do, and gscript can do I have made,
too many scripts to mention.

Want to test me?
Give me any challenge that can be
done with Gscript and I will make it,
keeping in mind that while programming
is my strong point, I suck at math.
Even at my more than $20,000 dollar a year
webmaster job I need hardly any math.

I even get programming solutions
in my dreams at night and wake up
with an answer.

Thanks for the info on the avatar.
The picture of Samus is from super
smash brothers on the N64
Holy cow that's some good money for being just a webmaster. What country do you live in?

Ducati_Link
07-12-2002, 05:20 PM
There is no point being lat on N-Pulse - . -
All the good jobs just go to the players.

warp2ukew
07-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Xbob42
1) Genesis you shouldn't even bother attempting to work for them. Remember when you were working with us on Everworld and you were fired for a stupid tile error.

2) RPing is not gonna go anywhere on N-Pulse.
Half the server will be jailed for cursing and eventually banned. 90% of the staff will get fired for the stuff they will be doing without their tags during RP. Don't tell me this won't happen either. Moon Goddess knows herself that most players on N-Pulse can't think straight.
That's one of the main reasons I hardly play there anymore. I've been going all around to different playerworlds to see which ones are good, and sadly the only ones worth playing are Rudora, Maloria, and the Gold Servers.

3) I will go to RP Island and pk everyone that goes there since there's nothing else original/creative or worthwhile to do there.

As for quests being unoriginal. It's so true. Nothing but carry the pot, bush, whatever, stupid riddles, kill the baddies, touch the million doors until you reach the end.

you obviously have not been reading this thread. you will have to have a kingdom tag on to get to RP Island. And from everworld. thats a different story. he was fired for stealign graphicsa nd scrweing up half the levels with his tile errors

prozac424242
07-12-2002, 11:32 PM
you made a processor from scratch?
How was the silicon crystal growing process
and the pathway etching?
or what level did you work on to make that
processor, how much could it do?
I knew a guy who was into efficent
accelerated siligon growth for thak kind of stuff.

What makes a good programmer?
Look at Bill Gates. He bought DOS
off his friend and tweaked it some.
Windows is jsut a graphical
representation of DOS.
Hes worth billions, and has defined
what a successful software engineer
is: one who can make a boatload
of money selling a program that
people will want.

Graphics applications, as Graal and
video games and CAD all are,
yes they require a lot of math.
I can do matricies, remember some calculus,
trig, play with sin and cos,
deciaml-hex-octal-binary conversion,
but is there any one specific example
that you think defines a good programmer?
I think its more complex than that.

I have written reliable code,
perl scipts, that have run more
than a million times,
each one about four pages
of code for text parsing and searching
-but thats what most web code is.

Graal code for a 3-d modeling engine
looks really cool, but will it go online
in a server? How would multiple
users interact with it?

Part of good programing is using the
software development package you have
and making something practical with it
for its intended end use (multiplayer enviromnent.)

If you could port the algorithm for the 3-d engine you
made to VB or C++, then you might have something
cool that individual shareware users could have fun with.
And they couldn't see the source casue it would be compiled.

Its cool that i'm not the only one on graal
who knows what a nand gate is, heh.

And im not trying to use technical jargon,
I know exactly what i am saying and I expect
you to understand it too, being a high level programmer and
understanding lower level bitwise processing.
dosent everybody? Its fun making karnaughmaps,
finding the most efficnent binary combinations
and laying the 7400 series chips onthe breadboard,
at least I think so. what kind of building blocks
were your processor made from?

Darlene159
07-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Ducati_Link
There is no point being lat on N-Pulse - . -
All the good jobs just go to the players.


What the hell??????????????
We are getting outside help with scripting because sparker has been busy with the npc server, omg I cant believe you said that!

G_yoshi
07-13-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by prozac424242
--Prozac's Babble--

:eek: wow!

Ducati_Link
07-13-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Darlene159



What the hell??????????????
We are getting outside help with scripting because sparker has been busy with the npc server, omg I cant believe you said that!




Yes, sorry.
That did not come out right. I didnt mean that in that way at all.
I was just having a bad day, so people can just ignore my pervious message. - . -

Xbob42
07-13-2002, 01:52 PM
Whoa. Ducati started posting on the Graal forums!

Darlene159
07-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ducati_Link





Yes, sorry.
That did not come out right. I didnt mean that in that way at all.
I was just having a bad day, so people can just ignore my pervious message. - . -


=)

Kaimetsu
07-13-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by prozac424242
you made a processor from scratch?
How was the silicon crystal growing process
and the pathway etching?
or what level did you work on to make that
processor, how much could it do?

I said I designed one. Actually creating it would've been pointless. I'm not looking to run AMD out of business - it was only an eight-bit doodah - but I'm certainly not going to be blinded by a few simple pieces of jargon.


What makes a good programmer?
Look at Bill Gates. He bought DOS
off his friend and tweaked it some.
Windows is jsut a graphical
representation of DOS.
Hes worth billions, and has defined
what a successful software engineer
is: one who can make a boatload
of money selling a program that
people will want.


Gates is a good programmer, maybe, but he's rich because he's a good businessman and opportunist, and because he was in the right place at the right time. Being a good programmer is about being able to program a wide range of applications quickly and efficiently.


Graphics applications, as Graal and
video games and CAD all are,
yes they require a lot of math.
I can do matricies, remember some calculus,
trig, play with sin and cos,
deciaml-hex-octal-binary conversion,
but is there any one specific example
that you think defines a good programmer?
I think its more complex than that.


Obviously it's more complex, but the fundamental is this: Putting limits on what you can code puts limits on how good a programmer you can be. And when you have to borrow somebody else's code just to make a circle in Graal, those limits are quite restrictive.


I have written reliable code,
perl scipts, that have run more
than a million times,
each one about four pages
of code for text parsing and searching
-but thats what most web code is.


Excellent, good for you. I have no doubt that you're a perfectly competent web programmer.


Graal code for a 3-d modeling engine
looks really cool, but will it go online
in a server? How would multiple
users interact with it?

The tentative plan is to make a whole 3D world for them to explore. Multiple users would be easy to code - creating the actual engine is the only hard part.


Part of good programing is using the
software development package you have
and making something practical with it
for its intended end use (multiplayer enviromnent.)


Yes indeed, and that's what I'm doing. People can have fun with it in Graal, I don't need to resort to C++ or VB, and it's fun to push back the limits of what has been achieved within GScript.


Its cool that i'm not the only one on graal
who knows what a nand gate is, heh.

And im not trying to use technical jargon,
I know exactly what i am saying and I expect
you to understand it too, being a high level programmer and
understanding lower level bitwise processing.


*shrugs*

Well, whichever, it just sounded as though that was your intention.


dosent everybody? Its fun making karnaughmaps,
finding the most efficnent binary combinations
and laying the 7400 series chips onthe breadboard,
at least I think so. what kind of building blocks
were your processor made from?

Well, I already said above, but I can elaborate. I designed it using a tool whose name I forget as part of a University course. We were given some fundamental help at first, until we could manage simple things like flip-flops and multibit adders, and then we were left to ourselves. The thing did little more than add and subtract and store and retrieve, but that was really all the course asked and I'd have run out of time if I tried anything more.

Question: It doesn't bother me, so I'm not complaining about it, but why do you manually end your lines instead of letting them wrap?

warp2ukew
07-13-2002, 10:16 PM
O.o


before this i had never seen moonie cuss



cool

Milkdude99
07-13-2002, 11:54 PM
Deathchill.....:grrr: *stabs thru the neck* If I wanted any plans I was doing on Npulse I would have posted them myself...
But since you have let the proverbal cat out of the bag on some of it , I might as well explain it , Yes Npulse would have a "core world" which is old Npulse , this is what the older players of Npulse wanted and will remain the same. Around this core will be large Islands of different themes , one of which will be RP , others I will not go into at this time unless "someone" opens their mouth about it. Npulse will be a Multi-Theme PW , mini pws within the PW , the theme will be restricted to within that "area " as not to interfere with the Main World or other themes online. Npulse will be geared to Entertainment and if it must have a theme serverwide this is what it is. I will NOT make Npulse a RP server because only really a few like RP servers and will not be popular. Right now this "team" is not staff on Npulse and will not have any Staff powers , I only gave them permission to develop a RP Island
I will look at what they are making and to be honest will have to be really good for me to accept it , I am very picky much worse than Moon Goddess about levels, I will not take crap or mediocore levels or ideas , they will have to be well above average . Players pay to play on all Graal and I believe they deserve no less. I don't want ANY old worn out ideas already online and will reject any attempt toward that direction. There are postions open on Npulse; but anyone on this Team if it is their desire to be on Staff on Npulse will have to apply and earn it as anyone else would , I just don't hand out Staff jobs. And as far as any high Staff jobs , ppl right off the game never have and never will get them , to obtain a high Staff job you have to earn the trust and respect of the Players and all Staff alike if I were to even consider someone. I have some levels for one of the other Islands and may be up soon and when you see the Quailty of the levels as well as it being a "fresh" new idea not done you will see why I want this RP done right and will accept no less. So good luck to all who participate in this endeavor and I hope it turns out well .

warp2ukew
07-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Oh yeah, prozac made it. He ownz at npcs. So as of right now its me,peg leg,prozac

we need a tag adder uploaded for us

sage_chaozu
07-15-2002, 03:58 AM
Shavo:

I find it funny that Joker was on babylon (if this is the same Joker that was on babylon) came on and started asking staff what was coming up. We all basically told him an RP island, which has been in development for 2 weeks now. Now I come here and see that N-Pulse is doing the same thing? Hmm. I'm not accusing you of Stealing the idea, because I know you've had the Idea of RP since last summer when I worked there, but you don't really have to take our idea of an island, could just put a river inbetween the two worlds, make a password system that saves your NPC's etc. when you go into RP world and all your PK world stuff is deleted and vica versa when going back to PK world. Or at least that is what Babylon is doing (not the river, but the login system).

Milkdude99
07-15-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by sage_chaozu
Shavo:

I find it funny that Joker was on babylon (if this is the same Joker that was on babylon) came on and started asking staff what was coming up. We all basically told him an RP island, which has been in development for 2 weeks now. Now I come here and see that N-Pulse is doing the same thing? Hmm. I'm not accusing you of Stealing the idea, because I know you've had the Idea of RP since last summer when I worked there, but you don't really have to take our idea of an island, could just put a river inbetween the two worlds, make a password system that saves your NPC's etc. when you go into RP world and all your PK world stuff is deleted and vica versa when going back to PK world. Or at least that is what Babylon is doing (not the river, but the login system). This "idea" was not born anytime soon and was in the works for some time "Joker" only found out it recently and I am not stealing any ideas nor am I changing anything , there are right now 4 major Islands involved in what I am doing each different and is in no way the same as Babylon just because "one" of the Isands happen to be a RP and has been planned for months not weeks , I have just been working on another Island first and the RP Island is taking a backseat to it or the group of players who want to develop it can . Ask Nemesis about it he has known about this for some time , so don't even ask me to change what I am doing , it is a major project and I won't, besides the only thing simular will be its a Island nothing else and I could accuse Baybylon off stealing my Idea but that is petty and stupid. Some people like myself keep those things out of the Forums for a reason but if you look hard enough serveral weeks ago it was posted on the Forum.But like I said I am not that petty about us using the same idea even though publicly my idea was posted long before yours in the Managers Forum. Maybe your Managers saw it?? ummm

warp2ukew
07-15-2002, 07:36 AM
Shavow I was the one developing RP Island anyhow I was Kingdom Admin

Darlene159
07-15-2002, 12:15 PM
but you don't really have to take our idea of an island, could just put a river inbetween the two worlds


that is what you said, observe^
you typed it, now drop it

Xbob42
07-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Unless Sparker is making it I don't think it will make it on N-Pulse. The rest of staff can't seem to complete projects without taking a year to do so.

;) :p

Darlene159
07-15-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Xbob42
Unless Sparker is making it I don't think it will make it on N-Pulse. The rest of staff can't seem to complete projects without taking a year to do so.

;) :p

Making good things takes time, and it wont take a year....we have had alot of trouble getting staff to finish things in the past, but we dont have those staff anymore, so hopefully it will be different now...Sparker is great :)

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 02:05 AM
What about Blue Knight?
He made a 6 level quest or something. First level was shoot the 6 dragon baddies with 10 arrows. I still don't see how that was supposed to be done. I lagged my way into the next room since there was no way of using 10 arrows to shoot 6 dragon baddies.

Next room. Hit the NPC baddy with a bush 6 times or something.
The following 2 rooms was something where you have to touch the warps to reach the end. The first ones was ridiculous. The second part of touch the warps was okay since there was sort of a pattern to it.
The last room pisses me off. lol. I killed the guy and he says the prize is in the entrance. I go back to the entrance and start massing like crazy to see where the prize is and people tell me to just reach the last level and touch the bottom right wall and you get warped to another room for the prize ... Magical Bolt. It's the lightning version of the Kamehameha. :/

I hope you get on him about whatever he makes. He sure did take a long time to make that quest. Most people with even lesser scripting abilities than him could have made that entire quest in one hour. The only part of it that may have tooken time was the scripting for the 2 baddies.

Darlene159
07-16-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Xbob42
What about Blue Knight?
He made a 6 level quest or something. First level was shoot the 6 dragon baddies with 10 arrows. I still don't see how that was supposed to be done. I lagged my way into the next room since there was no way of using 10 arrows to shoot 6 dragon baddies.

Next room. Hit the NPC baddy with a bush 6 times or something.
The following 2 rooms was something where you have to touch the warps to reach the end. The first ones was ridiculous. The second part of touch the warps was okay since there was sort of a pattern to it.
The last room pisses me off. lol. I killed the guy and he says the prize is in the entrance. I go back to the entrance and start massing like crazy to see where the prize is and people tell me to just reach the last level and touch the bottom right wall and you get warped to another room for the prize ... Magical Bolt. It's the lightning version of the Kamehameha. :/

I hope you get on him about whatever he makes. He sure did take a long time to make that quest. Most people with even lesser scripting abilities than him could have made that entire quest in one hour. The only part of it that may have tooken time was the scripting for the 2 baddies.


Gee, its a quest where you actually have to think...too much for you I guess.....the first part says you only get 10 arrows to kill the baddies, not that you have to use the arrows to kill the baddies.........THINK...........the second part is kinda hard, yea you have to kill his scripted baddie with a bush, to get out, third part, go through the right doors in the right order, and so on.........as for the last part, the sign says to go to the end of the hallway, not go to the end, and turn to the other hallway...........THINK.............the quest was made with imagination, and the weapon was to be a part to another quest up and coming
Before you say the baddies at the beginning cannot be killed without the arrows, I am going to tell you that they can. This is one of our better quests, that requires players to think, sorry that makes you mad
Blue knight is a great scripter, and has a great imagination....you on the other hand do not

warp2ukew
07-16-2002, 05:37 AM
I like moonie and all but being offended by "Hello Clarice" is just weird =/

Darlene159
07-16-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
I like moonie and all but being offended by "Hello Clarice" is just weird =/


I wasnt offended, trust me......it is pretty dumb to send someone a private message with that in it, it just got deleted...actually the several stupid ones that he sent me in the last few days has just gotten deleted, no problem here :)

Milkdude99
07-16-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
I like moonie and all but being offended by "Hello Clarice" is just weird =/ I am not going to bother posting anymore replies to Shavo he is just looking for someone to argue with , But what did you mean by that statement about Moonie? Somehow I missed the meaning of it , err could you enlighten me?

N/M Moonie pointed it out to me :rolleyes:

Darlene159
07-16-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by sage_chaozu
Shavo:

So saying "stop threatening me and stop PMing me" in reply to my PM isn't being scared? *****. Then i guess me threatening your life on n-pulse was just me saying i love you?


scared?
I said "stop pming me" cause its dumb to keep sending pointless pms, and I didnt say stop threatening me, because you werent

Torankusu
07-16-2002, 06:57 AM
Shavo and moonie. I suggest you stop.

sage_chaozu
07-16-2002, 07:03 AM
Toran it's just so hard she's so helpless and ditzy (easy to confuse)

Torankusu
07-16-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by sage_chaozu
Toran it's just so hard she's so helpless and ditzy (easy to confuse) Perhaps I could help by deleting your posts?

Darlene159
07-16-2002, 07:50 AM
I apologize Toranksu

warp2ukew
07-16-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Perhaps I could help by deleting your posts?
Toran you become all strict now that you mod =( COME BACK OLD TORAN

Darlene159
07-16-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew

Toran you become all strict now that you mod =( COME BACK OLD TORAN


he is doing his job

warp2ukew
07-16-2002, 09:02 AM
he dun have to be THAT strict

Python523
07-16-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
he dun have to be THAT strict
what authority do you to tell him how he should do his job?

warp2ukew
07-16-2002, 09:35 AM
just stating an opinion im not telling him to do ANYTHING

Milkdude99
07-16-2002, 09:44 AM
ok can you say "CLOSE THREAD" Thank You! :p

warp2ukew
07-16-2002, 09:52 AM
moon god youve always been the funny one lol :p :p :p :p :cool:

BeZeRkEr
07-16-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
moon god youve always been the funny one lol :p :p :p :p :cool:

wow.. that was funny.. ass kisser

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Darlene159



Gee, its a quest where you actually have to think...too much for you I guess.....the first part says you only get 10 arrows to kill the baddies, not that you have to use the arrows to kill the baddies.........THINK...........the second part is kinda hard, yea you have to kill his scripted baddie with a bush, to get out, third part, go through the right doors in the right order, and so on.........as for the last part, the sign says to go to the end of the hallway, not go to the end, and turn to the other hallway...........THINK.............the quest was made with imagination, and the weapon was to be a part to another quest up and coming
Before you say the baddies at the beginning cannot be killed without the arrows, I am going to tell you that they can. This is one of our better quests, that requires players to think, sorry that makes you mad
Blue knight is a great scripter, and has a great imagination....you on the other hand do not

Did I insult you? No I didn't. You would be mad if I told you that you and Blue Knight don't know how to count right?

(I'm more creative, smarter, script way better than you and make better levels than you too? Does that make you mad? Sorry to let my old attitude get a word in.)

I simply said he made something very simple that anyone could have made in an hour. The only complicated part about it was the scripting for those 2 baddies, and there was no sign that said to keep going into the wall, unless you added that later after I completed the quest.

As for the baddies in the first part. You could only use arrows. Do I have to telepathically make them die? I wasn't the only person to complain that this section could not be done unless you had 12 arrows.

Chaizoken couldn't do the job. If we had Cyclone Spin then maybe yeah we could have done it. There was one other way that it could be done and that was to touch the door and get warped into the cage with the baddies were in and killed them with the swod, but then when you come back they respawned.
Other than that you were stuck using arrows on them or lagging into the next room.

Moonie you really dissapoint me. I thought you changed like me and some others have. I tried to give a critique on Blue Knight's quest and how long it took him to complete it. Then you insult my intelligence for no reason. Sorry to Blue Knight if that offended him.

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
ok can you say "CLOSE THREAD" Thank You! :p

I agree.

I think Toran is doing a great job. This forum has become a lot funner to post in since Psyker is long gone.

Torankusu
07-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
just stating an opinion im not telling him to do ANYTHING Yeah, maybe I shouldn't be this strict. Maybe I should just let you guys go and harass each other constantly and get your post counts up. Whatever. As long as I get to delete them later. ;p

Torankusu
07-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Xbob42


I agree.

I think Toran is doing a great job. This forum has become a lot funner to post in since Psyker is long gone. Psyker wasn't that bad. He just had computer problems and was unable to connect to the internet to moderate.

Darlene159
07-16-2002, 02:11 PM
xbob, there is a way to kill those baddies with using no arrows at all, and no npc's either....and who cares if the quest was easily made, its still a good hard quest, and I aplologize for insulting you, I have a bad habit of insulting someone who insults me, but 2 wrongs dont make a right

Xbob42
07-16-2002, 02:18 PM
Apology accepted, and I'm sorry for the things I said too.

Xbob doesn't post much on these forums. This is Criminal that's using his account since he pretty much quit Graal.

BeZeRkEr
07-16-2002, 09:49 PM
stop quoting people god

draygin
07-16-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr
stop quoting people god

What are you babbling about? People quote other people so they know who the person posting is referring to. Other than that your post made no sense.

BeZeRkEr
07-16-2002, 10:05 PM
joker just quotes someone
he doesn't type anything else in
he does it all the time and its annoying
he's just getting a larger post count

draygin
07-16-2002, 10:18 PM
ahh ok that makes sense.

Darlene159
07-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Xbob42
Apology accepted, and I'm sorry for the things I said too.

Xbob doesn't post much on these forums. This is Criminal that's using his account since he pretty much quit Graal.


Sorry Criminal X, I didnt notice the sig

warp2ukew
07-17-2002, 09:07 AM
lol ill stop