PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Online

anUk
07-09-2002, 02:09 PM
I am posting here to see what you guys think...i have been working very hard to update the levels and whatnot.
The "Oldbies" if you will keep complaining saying that it isnt Bravo Style...Well I myself had 600+ hours on old bravo and i can understand where they are coming from although it isnt only for them
If bravo online is going to pass the review we need to get our act together and go perform
Please Post here and tell me what you think....

Boozy_Bravo
07-09-2002, 02:13 PM
You can preserve, and improve Bravo at the same time, but from what I've seen all you want to do is change the place completely. :(
If you are going to try to change Bravo so much, then it just disgraces the name even more than it already has been. If we aren't going to preserve Bravo, then why have it online? You're just turning Bravo into an empty shell.

Torankusu
07-09-2002, 02:19 PM
Actually, if I review it, I will not exactly base it off of the NPC and level quality, but things that keep the players there. I feel that it should be this way with most online Playerworlds, except for those empty ones. No offense, but, well, when you don't have many players to keep, we can't base it off that, now can we?

Boozy_Bravo
07-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Actually, if I review it, I will not exactly base it off of the NPC and level quality, but things that keep the players there. I feel that it should be this way with most online Playerworlds, except for those empty ones. No offense, but, well, when you don't have many players to keep, we can't base it off that, now can we? Well, thank you, Torankusu. Most of the other members in the Playerworld Administration I've seen go strictly by level and NPC quality, even if the playerworld averages 5 players a day. I mean, Bravo has a high quantity of players who love it for what it is, and changing that means the ultimate death of the playerworld. Besides, Bravo levels and scripts aren't necessarily bad, but they are old. I've tried to convince Anu, and other Bravo managers, that there are ways to raise the quality to an acceptable level and preserve Bravo as well, but they don't listen. :(

Torankusu
07-09-2002, 02:24 PM
I'll suggest my Idea to Jinx. Me and him are equal in this game, so I'll get his views on it and then we'll start.

Torankusu
07-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Boozy_Bravo
Well, thank you, Torankusu. Most of the other members in the Playerworld Administration I've seen go strictly by level and NPC quality, even if the playerworld averages 5 players a day. I mean, Bravo has a high quantity of players who love it for what it is, and changing that means the ultimate death of the playerworld. Besides, Bravo levels and scripts aren't necessarily bad, but they are old. I've tried to convince Anu, and other Bravo managers, that there are ways to raise the quality to an acceptable level and preserve Bravo as well, but they don't listen. :( SOME levels, however CAN be fixed.

I've seen a level crammed with tons of ugly grass things.

Boozy_Bravo
07-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
SOME levels, however CAN be fixed.

I've seen a level crammed with tons of ugly grass things. I understand what you're saying, and agree for the most part. We can fix them, and edit them for the better, but what the managers of Bravo are trying to do is completely change them, just leaving the name...

anUk
07-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Boozy.....we have gone over this 4359845094835098435 times
i am not changing Bravo....You are Admin, I am GM.....Brandon agrees with what i said about increasing the qualitly of the bravo levels....
People will not mind having a few changes here and there....
I changed coast, many said it was "r0xin" well....other than you and a few select people, the tilesets have changed and what not man, style of levels have changed, when you say preserved do you mean leaving absoluty everything the same way....if that is what you mean it wont happen....Bravo is not a shell people admire me for trying to change the PW....Ever since i have hired you i have seen you do nothing to improve the server other than shut down peoples ideas and sit in rc....I am not saying you havent done n e thing, i just havent seen you do n e thing....If you think your job as Admin is to sit in rc and "Preserve" bravo....than you are wrong...
I have seen you hold no events or n e thing
People like Viktor make the server work, without him i dont know where we would be, as with thak, both of them entertain people even though they have different jobs and have RC....I have seen RC spoil people as in make them very lazy, I havent seen that from Thak or Viktor, My hat is off to both of you. The have been holding guild wars, RPing, making events, and making levels and NPCs in the mix of things, They along with me and Brandon want the best thing for Bravo Online, but it must start somewhere, those levels will not make the server go n e where but down...the only people that are basically interested in not changing bravo is the oldbies....well to inform you, people grow out of graal(at least they should n e way) because it is only a game, what happens when that happens? The answer is we are left with a hole, a hole with no meaning and a whole with no pride....Bravo Online was built and the owners had much pride in it all the way from Coondog to Aeryn, and finally to Brandon, Bravo deserves changes and that is just what i am going to give it, i am backed 100% by brandon and brent and sky(and most other staff)
Changes will make Bravo better

-anU (Bravo_GM)

Graal518
07-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by anUk
i am not changing Bravo....You are Admin, I am GM.....Brandon agrees with what i said about increasing the qualitly of the bravo levels....
I changed coast, many said it was "r0xin" well....other than you and a few select people, the tilesets have changed and what not man, style of levels have changed, when you say preserved do you mean leaving absoluty everything the same way....if that is what you mean it wont happen....Bravo is not a shell people admire me for trying to change the PW....Ever since i have hired you i have seen you do nothing to improve the server other than shut down peoples ideas and sit in rc....I am not saying you havent done n e thing, i just havent seen you do n e thing....If you think your job as Admin is to sit in rc and "Preserve" bravo....than you are wrong...
People like Viktor make the server work, without him i dont know where we would be, as with thak, both of them entertain people even though they have different jobs and have RC....I have seen RC spoil people as in make them very lazy, I havent seen that from Thak or Viktor, My hat is off to both of you. The have been holding guild wars, RPing, making events, and making levels and NPCs in the mix of things, They along with me and Brandon want the best thing for Bravo Online, but it must start somewhere, those levels will not make the server go n e where but down...the only people that are basically interested in not changing bravo is the oldbies....well to inform you, people grow out of graal(at least they should n e way) because it is only a game, what happens when that happens? The answer is we are left with a hole, a hole with no meaning and a whole with no pride....Bravo Online was built and the owners had much pride in it all the way from Coondog to Aeryn, and finally to Brandon, Bravo deserves changes and that is just what i am going to give it, i am backed 100% by brandon and brent and sky(and most other staff)
Changes will make Bravo better

-anU (Bravo_GM)
But the players probably won't like it.
-Wind

anUk
07-09-2002, 02:51 PM
no the player will like it, i have already talked it over, i am doing what is best for bravo, and my god boozy is flippin, we arent even really changing the levels that much, i am adding paths and more detail, this is a highly used server for pling, i wont add n e thing that lags it/or disracts the pking
Give Bravo time, you will see

Boozy_Bravo
07-09-2002, 02:58 PM
I changed coast, many said it was "r0xin" well....other than you and a few select people, the tilesets have changed and what not man, style of levels have changed, when you say preserved do you mean leaving absoluty everything the same way....if that is what you mean it wont happen....Bravo is not a shell people admire me for trying to change the PW...Look, when I preserve I don't mean leave everything "absolutely the same." We can edit levels and fix them up. Adding detail, fixing paths, etc, but when you have uploaded these "edits" they are completely different. :/
I'm not saying they're bad levels, but I don't think they fit into Bravo, and I don't know what you're talking about, the majority of the players agree with me. Just about the only people that supported your Coast today were Crono, and Cloud, neither being from Bravo mind you.Ever since i have hired you i have seen you do nothing to improve the server other than shut down peoples ideas and sit in rc....I am not saying you havent done n e thing, i just havent seen you do n e thing....If you think your job as Admin is to sit in rc and "Preserve" bravo....than you are wrong...
People like Viktor make the server work, without him i dont know where we would be, as with thak, both of them entertain people even though they have different jobs and have RC....I have seen RC spoil people as in make them very lazy, I havent seen that from Thak or Viktor, My hat is off to both of you. The have been holding guild wars, RPing, making events, and making levels and NPCs in the mix of things, They along with me and Brandon want the best thing for Bravo Online, but it must start somewhere, those levels will not make the server go n e where but down...I don't even know why I'm going to bother to reply to this. You know I have done my fair share of work on Bravo, especially considering I've barely worked there a week, uploading stuff, fixing bugs (which because MD had it uploaded so prematurely, there are a ton of. :x), helping people, etc. Though true, I don't really hold events or anything like that, you've got me there. Quite honestly, I don't mind whether you fire me or not, but don't think that means I'll stop fighting for Bravo.the only people that are basically interested in not changing bravo is the oldbies....well to inform you, people grow out of graal(at least they should n e way) because it is only a game, what happens when that happens?So you're going to deny Bravo to the people who matter the most, the people who wanted it up the most? Why, because one day they'll "grow out of Graal"? For the most part, most of the players now I have returned from a long absence from Graal, because Bravo was brought back. If you want to do that, then why not create your own playerworld, separate from Bravo? The answer is we are left with a hole, a hole with no meaning and a whole with no pride....Bravo Online was built and the owners had much pride in it all the way from Coondog to Aeryn, and finally to Brandon, Bravo deserves changes and that is just what i am going to give it, i am backed 100% by brandon and brent and sky(and most other staff)
Changes will make Bravo betterThere is nothing wrong with change, I agree with that, but why do it this way? We can add on things, or better yet, create two alternate versions of Bravo, and incorporate it into a storyline. Yes, you have people backing you up, but they are people from Andor.

anUk
07-09-2002, 03:07 PM
OK then this argument is over.....wait and see until i update bravo cliffs, you will see how good they look and they are bravostyle
Bravo is goign to have updates, whether you or n e one like it, me and viktor and thak have been working our asses off to make this server work, i am working on the levels in between posting, i am mostlikely going to upload them tonight
the updates stay as well... do not remove them, talk to me before you upload ANY old levels, we are here to amke the past, not hinder in the current one

Mykel
07-09-2002, 03:15 PM
reviewing servers, wha? they are reviewing all the servers? thta is a good idea...heh...

ParadiseAdmin3
07-09-2002, 03:24 PM
overall, bravo can't get that "90+ players a day" anymore

Boozy_Bravo
07-09-2002, 03:28 PM
From Alk *Leader* (DSK)

excuse me for not tossing myself into this way earlier...

What matters most is the quality for both Bravo oldbies, and newcomers. anU, I though that your version of coast was of good level quality, probably better than I could do.

But one thing struck me - it isn't the same. I don't know about anyone else, but I liked coast for its easy to see, easy to manuver sense it had, unlike any place I've seen. Even UN or Xone didn't have a really good place for PK, or to just hang out in like Bravo coast.

There is just a certain 'feel' that it has, and if you just take the time to enjoy the simplistic nature of Coast, you know what I'm talking about... Or maybe you see something I don't? Whatever the case, coast is a classic level that should not be messed with.

Well, I don't want to make it seem like coast is all I care about... There are plenty of spots to expand upon, and to do what you guys wish, and that would probably be the best. I mean, sure, make changes to all the NPCs, definately.

Well, I do not know, and frankly do not care who supports you, or who has your back. Brandon, sky, whoever has your support, that is irrelevant. The server is in need of much work, and I know that changes will be for the better.

Why not expand instead? I know some houses need to be updated, and some tiles cleaned-up... but Bravo and its people are not supportive of a total remake of levels, like you have demonstrated with coast.

"From Alkaiser, a former oldbie that fell onto Bravo, shortly from my 8th grade summer. I'm in my 10th grade summer right now, and look where it has put me again"

-Alk

Boozy_Bravo
07-09-2002, 03:30 PM
OK then this argument is over.....wait and see until i update bravo cliffs, you will see how good they look and they are bravostyleWell, I hope you can actually deliver what you promise this time. Yet, this is the same thing you said about your update with Coast. You can say people liked it all you want, but what I know is that the moment I got on I was swarmed with PMs asking me to upload the old one, and I did. You can get as mad as you want, anu, I still stand by my decision.Bravo is goign to have updates, whether you or n e one like it, me and viktor and thak have been working our asses off to make this server work, i am working on the levels in between posting, i am mostlikely going to upload them tonightWhere did you get the idea that I was against updates? I'm not, I supported the playerhouses, hat shop, and most other updates that have been added. The only thing I have fought with you or anyone else on is the levels, and not when they are done well, such as when Thak updated Bravo Cross.
the updates stay as well... do not remove them, talk to me before you upload ANY old levels, we are here to amke the past, not hinder in the current one Fine, I'll leave them alone. You can deal with the players, but I hope you don't act on them as hostile as you did on me when I said I didn't like your level. Or maybe we'll all be lucky, and they'll be fitting, who knows...

anUk
07-09-2002, 03:51 PM
why expand when we have numerous levels that need to be updated and fixed

Mykel
07-09-2002, 03:56 PM
why expand when we have numerous levels that need to be updated and fixed

So true....

anUk
07-09-2002, 03:56 PM
this doesnt have to develop into a huge argument, i am kinda getting sick of feeling as if i have to ask you if it is ok if i touch the levels....

anUk
07-09-2002, 03:58 PM
well i am going to update the bravocliff levels.....if n e one that is responding or viewing these posts that wants to see what i have changed and add comments and suggestion please come on now before i make the updates

Mykel
07-09-2002, 04:03 PM
well i am going to update the bravocliff levels.....if n e one that is responding or viewing these posts that wants to see what i have changed and add comments and suggestion please come on now before i make the updates

I would like to see? and dont worry...no matter what u post it will turn into an argument...heh...thats juss the way most peeps are...
they like to fight...

anUk
07-09-2002, 04:14 PM
well come on now if you want to see the levels before i update them

anUk
07-09-2002, 04:32 PM
me and boozy have talked, we will finsih tomarrow, we have come to terns and we will finish coming to an agreement

VampiricTutorNewHD
07-09-2002, 06:25 PM
anU, to be quit frank, I don't know how we are going to pass it. Blatantly(indeed, you will get no other point of view from me), our staff roster has been acting like bumbling fools. We aren't getting anything done. AKA you won't let me do my job, or any other LAT. How do you propose to finish the server before inspection if you don't let the LAT team do the job they were hired for?

nyghtGT
07-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Having 600 hours on Old Bravo doesn't mean much.

Masah
07-09-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by nyghtGT

Yeah, any idiot can have his comp on all day.

-Brett

Sir_Gareth
07-10-2002, 01:10 AM
Boozy isnt flipping out. I saw the coast that ou updated you ddint do much all you did was use the path generator and make a new path, that isnt an update. Boozy isnt flipping out you were flipping out. All boozy said is that he didnt like it and you went all crazy on him saying how fast you could fire his "ass" as you put it.
I didnt like your coast and I didnt think it was "r0xin" I thought it was "h0rible"

Jinx
07-10-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by VampiricTutorNewHD
anU, to be quit frank, I don't know how we are going to pass it. Blatantly(indeed, you will get no other point of view from me), our staff roster has been acting like bumbling fools. We aren't getting anything done. AKA you won't let me do my job, or any other LAT. How do you propose to finish the server before inspection if you don't let the LAT team do the job they were hired for?

Just because a PW fails an inspection, it does not mean it will automatically go down. If it fails, Nem/Psyker/Urizen/Alk/whoever will have a meeting with the manager of the PW and find out what's going on. Usually the most that would happen is that it would go private for a week or two.

Now if it fails two inspections in a row, it's a different story....

-Jinx

Mykel
07-10-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by nyghtGT

so true...
Vlad Drakken has 1300 on delteria....most ever on there but there are people on other servers that have like 2000...they juss leave their computers on and move there guy every now and then...

SavantMiles
07-10-2002, 02:20 AM
well i read through most of these posts, and noticed the common word "oldbies". Well see bravo oldbies more then likely left(well most of em) when graal when all p2p. bravo levels do need to be fixed up, that is true. but most of the people that will go to bravo in the future and probably now are new to the server. so keeping the levels originally how they were kind of gets ruled out since there really are no more oldbies.

AlkarenHyralt
07-10-2002, 02:55 AM
What did I tell you about your title Anu?

anUk
07-10-2002, 02:57 AM
DW i told you and everyone that it wasnt completed, you didnt see the one that i fuly updated, next time you come on i will show you the one that is complete, and as for you Vampiric, i cannot and willnot give you RC at this time, we are overloaded with RC's and how you say you cant do your job is utterly obserd because you are a LAT, make levels, make insides and outside and stuff like that, we can always use more insides to add to bravo

anUk
07-10-2002, 02:59 AM
Alk i dont go by that name n e more, i deleted the tags, i put that in posts because that is what people know me as, and if it annoys you or whatever, i will stop

AlkarenHyralt
07-10-2002, 03:02 AM
Alk i dont go by that name n e more, i deleted the tags, i put that in posts because that is what people know me as, and if it annoys you or whatever, i will stop

Please do not. Sorry :(

Might one suggest you put your title in your signature though? That might help

anUk
07-10-2002, 01:16 PM
hey alk i got a quick question
how come when i try to connect to 2001/2002, my graal window goes gray and it says connection couldnt be established
i have an upgraded account with more than half left, and it connects fine to any other pws

HoudiniMan
07-10-2002, 04:27 PM
they're on a different server, possibly your computer is having trouble connecting to that server... or has been given trouble connecting to it by the administration...

dunno :D

GraalBR
07-10-2002, 06:23 PM
You dont have a good GFX team.
1 guy the guy who made that thing in the top corner of the screen when you play.
Hes the only Half decent guy and i dont know his name.
Dabura your GFX Admin didnt know how to make GFX when i worked for Andor and he wanted me to teach him.
Deek was Elite but hes Left i think.
Blaze whatever hes called was Ok but i didnt see any of his GFX
Rufus was good but he got fired.
Thats about it.
Mike is a Good NPC guy :).
Most of you except for Sky are new to me :).
Except Anu whatever hes called Worked for mithica for a bit.

warp2ukew
07-10-2002, 06:55 PM
SKY FOR OWNER OF BRAVO!

GraalBR
07-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
SKY FOR OWNER OF BRAVO!

Jinx
07-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by warp2ukew
SKY FOR OWNER OF BRAVO!

Psssst! Manager, not owner!

-Jinx

Brandon_Bravo
07-10-2002, 11:01 PM
If Bravo Online is judged by what keeps the players coming back, it will pass right now. We have players that come every day even with the server the way it is. However, this will not stop me from updating and revising things. The "Bravo Style" will only be changed as much as is absolutely necessary.

anUk
07-11-2002, 02:27 AM
here is a version of Bravo coast i made, it isnt cluttered because i know how important the PKing is on bravo

trickster2006
07-11-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by SavantMiles
well i read through most of these posts, and noticed the common word "oldbies". Well see bravo oldbies more then likely left(well most of em) when graal when all p2p. bravo levels do need to be fixed up, that is true. but most of the people that will go to bravo in the future and probably now are new to the server. so keeping the levels originally how they were kind of gets ruled out since there really are no more oldbies.

I know 10 other oldbies that still play.

anUk
07-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Here are some screen shots off the other day

anUk
07-11-2002, 12:28 PM
here

mikepg
07-12-2002, 10:31 AM
I like the direction the server is heading, because we're keeping all the loved PK and quest aspects, and at the same time, adding new features that involve the NPC server, touching up levels, and over all making it a fun place to play. :-D