PDA

View Full Version : Maloria Wins Spar Tourny

MysticalDragonP2P
07-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Congrats Maloria they one the spar torny in Brav and 1 person supported them and u could of had a total of 5 members on your team.

Places

1)Maloria
2)Classic
3)Delteria

Servers that didnt take a Place
Bravo online
Rudora
UnholyNations

Spark910
07-09-2002, 01:38 AM
Won not one, And itsnt it funny, Rudora Hosts a Spar tornament, So Bravo copies and does one! :megaeek:

Thak2
07-09-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Spark910
Won not one, And itsnt it funny, Rudora Hosts a Spar tornament, So Bravo copies and does one! :megaeek:

Gori - Thanks to Thak for sharing account

Didn't UnholyNation actually have the first global spar like a week ago?!

taz-graal
07-09-2002, 02:12 AM
That was just a global staff tourney. I don't even think it took place.

Cid_Night
07-09-2002, 02:15 AM
it didnt, im pretty sure = (

Milkdude99
07-09-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by MysticalDragonP2P
Congrats Maloria they one the spar torny in Brav and 1 person supported them and u could of had a total of 5 members on your team.

Places

1)Maloria
2)Classic
3)Delteria

Servers that didnt take a Place
Bravo online
Rudora
UnholyNations And why was Npulse and other servers "excluded" from them? How can it be "global" if not all servers had a chance to paticipate?Seems a bit one sided to me and not global at all just a few PWs who had a spar tourny , you CANNOT call it global unless all had a fair chance to get in on it.... Was this a oversight? And I think this is a fair question and an answer would be nice..... Thank You...

weirdpikachu2
07-09-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
And why was Npulse and other servers "excluded" from them? How can it be "global" if not all servers had a chance to paticipate?Seems a bit one sided to me and not global at all just a few PWs who had a spar tourny , you CANNOT call it global unless all had a fair chance to get in on it.... Was this a oversight? And I think this is a fair question and an answer would be nice..... Thank You...

well, I asked moonie bout why npulse didn't participate and she said she didn't have enough info on it or where to send the people or anything :rolleyes:

WHIPENIE4
07-09-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Spark910
(X-Mann)
at the moment they were pretty low on the list, Maloria had 25, so they thought they'd try to steal our players

WHIPENIE4
07-09-2002, 07:12 AM
And why was Npulse and other servers "excluded" from them? How can it be "global" if not all servers had a chance to paticipate?Seems a bit one sided to me and not global at all just a few PWs who had a spar tourny , you CANNOT call it global unless all had a fair chance to get in on it.... Was this a oversight? And I think this is a fair question and an answer would be nice..... Thank You...
(X-Mann)
Right now they arn't very organized, I might just start my own instead, because the current one is like unworking. But i am taking on to many projects and stuff, so i might have to drop a few

Mykel
07-09-2002, 07:58 AM
lets have one at that Doragon Koden place...lmao!

WHIPENIE4
07-09-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Mykel
lets have one at that Doragon Koden place...lmao!
(x-Mann)
It still exists?

JAceves
07-09-2002, 08:41 AM
I would like to know who represented the teams
5 people cannot be the basis of judging which server has better sparrers

Torankusu
07-09-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by JAceves
5 people cannot be the basis of judging which server has better sparrers it can when you don't want to wait 5-10 hours to let everybody else spar.

Mykel
07-09-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by JAceves
5 people cannot be the basis of judging which server has better sparrers

i agree
i mean ...i didnt even know it was going on ...so i am sure some key sparrers missed it...

TDK_RC6
07-09-2002, 10:36 AM
if N-Pulse is in it then i will be the leader of the team :cool:

Mykel
07-09-2002, 03:16 PM
heh...O.o..so?

Milkdude99
07-10-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
it can when you don't want to wait 5-10 hours to let everybody else spar. Ok then do this , have 2 PWs spar each other as a preamp and weeding out the best , the winners will advance to the next level and so on till there are only 2 teams left to battle over bragging rights as the best Global Sparrers. Just like in bowling or tennis or any sport like that. It is the only logical way to do it and setup 2 and no more than 3 PWs to host the events and lastly agree upon who will host the final event , this should of course be 3 PWs with the lest amount of lag. this will take some work to do it right , but if it is worth doing then it should be done right. Make a Panel of lets say 3 or 4 ppl to organize and get it done, 1 person cannot get it all done , 1 on the panel does need to take the lead on this. So you guys throw out some names of the ppl who want to do this and vote on the Panel and go from there. Anyway these are my thoughts on the matter...;)

Mykel
07-10-2002, 03:09 AM
Ok then do this , have 2 PWs spar each other as a preamp and weeding out the best , the winners will advance to the next level and so on till there are only 2 teams left to battle over bragging rights as the best Global Sparrers. Just like in bowling or tennis or any sport like that. It is the only logical way to do it and setup 2 and no more than 3 PWs to host the events and lastly agree upon who will host the final event , this should of course be 3 PWs with the lest amount of lag. this will take some work to do it right , but if it is worth doing then it should be done right. Make a Panel of lets say 3 or 4 ppl to organize and get it done, 1 person cannot get it all done , 1 on the panel does need to take the lead on this. So you guys throw out some names of the ppl who want to do this and vote on the Panel and go from there. Anyway these are my thoughts on the matter...;)

;)

Xbob42
07-10-2002, 03:35 AM
How about going playerworld to playerworld and asking the players who the best sparrers are on each of them. Find out who they are and if they would be interested in taking part in a global spar tourney.

There's 17 playerworld's even though only 14 of them have 5+ players on them.

Organize a tourney that has 16 sparrers. Each playerworld havin their own representative. And one extra from the 2 smallest playerworlds since they don't have the advantage of having lots of players to fight against.

Milkdude99
07-10-2002, 05:39 AM
Each PW can host their own event to get the best of their server and use the best 4 or 5 to compete in the Global Tourney. This seems to be the fair way to do it to get the best from each world.You would need to announce it a week ahead of time so all who play your server can have a chance to get in on it.

Milkdude99
07-10-2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Xbob42
How about going playerworld to playerworld and asking the players who the best sparrers are on each of them. Find out who they are and if they would be interested in taking part in a global spar tourney.

There's 17 playerworld's even though only 14 of them have 5+ players on them.

Organize a tourney that has 16 sparrers. Each playerworld havin their own representative. And one extra from the 2 smallest playerworlds since they don't have the advantage of having lots of players to fight against. only having one "champion" from each server might be somewhat ify because anyone could have a bad day and it would be a shame if a PW lost because your guy was having a bad day.. at least 2 that way at least one may make it ;)

warp2ukew
07-10-2002, 08:20 AM
EVERY1 is wrong bravo didnt copy MD said soar tourney not spar tourney DUH lol

osrs
07-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Yes, Maloria is going to be better...
Staff Team is great..like NPC's/Levels on Maloria..

HoudiniMan
07-10-2002, 04:35 PM
only having one "champion" from each server might be somewhat ify because anyone could have a bad day and it would be a shame if a PW lost because your guy was having a bad day.. at least 2 that way at least one may make it ;)

They should have an order of backups from thier 4 to 5 people...
One being a champ, and then a backup if he doesn't show etc... and so forth to number 5

Darlene159
07-10-2002, 09:51 PM
lol, I think I see what happened, and why I was so confused on all this spar tourney thing....I was reading the thread on the global staff spar tourney, and thats the one I was trying to get in on...someone came on npulse telling me what to do to join the spar tourney, and the info was totallt different then the one I was reading about....maybe it was 2 different spar tourneys, good grief:confused:

JAceves
07-11-2002, 01:01 AM
I don't think hosting a tourney to get the best sparrer on a server would work because some people can mess up a single spar and still be better
besides not everyone would be aware of this local tourney
The better way (I believe someone did mention this earlier) is to ask around and see who other people say are the best.
Then you can ask them to participate in a local tourney (best out of 3 matches to weed out flukes)
Then send them to this "server tourney"

MysticalDragonP2P
07-12-2002, 01:41 AM
We went to every server telling them to bring 5 players.The servers that broguht 5 players entered the torny.