PDA

View Full Version : Private Server Submission(Please Read)

Jinx
07-07-2002, 07:40 AM
Alright, I'm getting tired of repeating myself on AIM to a million different people every day, So I will say it here.

Many servers that are submitting, only want a private server. They seem to think that because they just want a private server, they can get away with not doing all the levels and NPC work.

They are wrong. When you are submitting for a private server, submit as though you are submitting to get online. The PWA understands that some servers want to get private mode for NPC Servers, and can't do their NPCs without it.

We are asking that all servers submitting to get a review, please include a text file called "readme.txt". In this text file, explain a few things you think we might not figure out by ourselves, list the level names of all your quests and jobs, and anything else you want to make sure we look at. Also, if you are a server that needs a private server for the NPC Server so that you can do your NPCs, please include a list(With short descriptions) of all the NPCs you will be planning on making with this, and also maybe the levels where they will be found.

I think I have covered everything I wanted to cover. If I come across more later I will be editing this post to add it.

Thanks =)

-Jinx

GraalBR
07-07-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
Alright, I'm getting tired of repeating myself on AIM to a million different people every day, So I will say it here.

Many servers that are submitting, only want a private server. They seem to think that because they just want a private server, they can get away with not doing all the levels and NPC work.

They are wrong. When you are submitting for a private server, submit as though you are submitting to get online. The PWA understands that some servers want to get private mode for NPC Servers, and can't do their NPCs without it.

We are asking that all servers submitting to get a review, please include a text file called "readme.txt". In this text file, explain a few things you think we might not figure out by ourselves, list the level names of all your quests and jobs, and anything else you want to make sure we look at. Also, if you are a server that needs a private server for the NPC Server so that you can do your NPCs, please include a list(With short descriptions) of all the NPCs you will be planning on making with this, and also maybe the levels where they will be found.

I think I have covered everything I wanted to cover. If I come across more later I will be editing this post to add it.

Thanks =)

-Jinx

<3 Jinx

-BR

Torankusu
07-07-2002, 07:59 AM
I like. Good. :]

Waltz5
07-07-2002, 08:30 AM
That sounds great Jinx :p.

anUk
07-07-2002, 08:32 AM
i see where you are coming from, i have seen people submit things straight from the level gen folder, they dont even add there own tiles, >.<:(

Torankusu
07-07-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by anUk
i have seen people submit things straight from the level gen folder, they dont even add there own tiles, >.<:( How have you seen that?

GraalBR
07-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
How have you seen that?

That's Amazing :megaeek:

DarkHero2002
07-07-2002, 09:26 AM
i would guess someone has let him see it X.x

Warcaptain
07-07-2002, 09:36 AM
sucks though that half the servers go right through stefan and arent checked

man you guys have it easy -_-

when i started enigma it took forever

first you had to FIND Link, then you had to get him to test the pw

then he sent to stefan and he took MONTHS to test it

enigma was stefan tested for 3 months before it went up

then i got an email saying my pw is going up in 30 minutes
yet it was already online hehehe

Questa
07-09-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Jinx

Thanks =)

-Jinx
What is a private server???

royce
07-09-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Questa

What is a private server???
A server that only the staff can go on it, it is hidden to the public.

Graal518
07-09-2002, 06:23 AM
I was told by Stefan that they weren't going to accept anymore private servers. =/ I may be wrong.
-Wind

WHIPENIE4
07-09-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
How have you seen that?
(X-Mann)
He hacked into Psykers mail and is reviewing the submissions for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, He could just mean Bravo Online

HoudiniMan
07-10-2002, 04:12 PM
How do they designate who sees the server?
RC only or can select accounts also "see" it on the server list?

None the less... wicked cool :cool:

bigkow44
07-10-2002, 07:36 PM
ok are you all saying yeah good rules jinx to get your post count up?

Artificial_Sweetener
07-11-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by bigkow44
ok are you all saying yeah good rules jinx to get your post count up?
And that's a bad thing? :D

bigkow44
07-11-2002, 10:53 AM
No, but im just wondering.

HoudiniMan
07-11-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bigkow44
No, but im just wondering.

Hmm.....

Masah
07-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by HoudiniMan