PDA

View Full Version : Project _____ ...

royce
07-07-2002, 03:05 AM
I've become really bored lately and I was wondering how cool an army style of playerworld would look. Everything realistic, from the guns, to the jeeps, to the tanks. It would look really cool. Maybe not just a server but more of a game land that you can let players joing a type of mission against other players and such. I am still debating on doing this because I am already making a MMORPG, Working on Tritan, and Starting a Web Hosting Company. Still, I have time. The atmosphere wouldnt be a city, more of an atmosphere like Vietnam where there are villages you can take control of and the jungle and such. I need help with a name too X.X , please help me out!

Torankusu
07-07-2002, 03:18 AM
you didn't pay attention to the "Project Earth" threads, did you?

Mykel
07-07-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by royce
I've become really bored lately and I was wondering how cool an army style of playerworld would look. Everything realistic, from the guns, to the jeeps, to the tanks. It would look really cool. Maybe not just a server but more of a game land that you can let players joing a type of mission against other players and such. I am still debating on doing this because I am already making a MMORPG, Working on Tritan, and Starting a Web Hosting Company. Still, I have time. The atmosphere wouldnt be a city, more of an atmosphere like Vietnam where there are villages you can take control of and the jungle and such. I need help with a name too X.X , please help me out!

i think this is a good idea...people have wanted to do it...but havnt...i think that someone should!

GraalBR
07-07-2002, 03:37 AM
How about "Graalinam"

Link188
07-07-2002, 04:22 AM
Rob:
In others words... soemthing like Warcraft of Star Craft? We're alreayd making a Event like that for Renegde X_x. And yes we started on it. It's kinda hard without grall having it's own AI.

Mykel
07-07-2002, 04:24 AM
i dont think he is talking about an event...he is talking about a whole server...wars and stuff which would be cool to play out..

Link188
07-07-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Mykel
i dont think he is talking about an event...he is talking about a whole server...wars and stuff which would be cool to play out..
Rob:
I know X_X; I'm saying they are basicly the same ideas but mine is an Event instead of wasting server space.

Tom84710
07-07-2002, 05:19 AM
Doesn't sound very fun.

Link188
07-07-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Tom84710
Doesn't sound very fun.
Rob:
Well teh most fun you ever had was eating a apple.

RavenTelvecho
07-07-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Link188

Rob:
Well teh most fun you ever had was eating a apple. lol

Link188
07-07-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by RavenTelvecho
lol
Rob:
;)

Tom84710
07-07-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Link188

Rob:
Well teh most fun you ever had was eating a apple.

YEAH LOLZ, APPPLEZ ARE SO COOL, HAHA ITS SO FUNNY SDFSF sdfsdfsdf :rolleyes:

Dustey4Ever
07-07-2002, 06:53 AM

YEAH LOLZ, APPPLEZ ARE SO COOL, HAHA ITS SO FUNNY SDFSF sdfsdfsdf :rolleyes:
Riiiiiight

RavenTelvecho
07-07-2002, 06:54 AM

YEAH LOLZ, APPPLEZ ARE SO COOL, HAHA ITS SO FUNNY SDFSF sdfsdfsdf :rolleyes: k

Tom84710
07-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Dustey4Ever

Riiiiiight

Delete yourselves.

archaonTCN
07-07-2002, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a pretty stupid idea.

Xbob42
07-07-2002, 11:02 AM
:D

I like the idea to have 1 playerworld that is completely like this.
You can make the overworld with lots of forests, some swamp areas, a couple snow areas, and some beaches.
You can have a lot of small villages that could be abandoned and some that do have some people.

There could be NPC Weapons made like
- Grenades
- Guns that shoot bullets with different hurting power.
- Tanks players can ride around in and shoot. The tanks would be really interesting. Imagine making them where when you shoot off a cannon and it blows a whole into a house!
- Planes people can fly by and nuke the area. lol
- Players setting up land mine areas. :megaeek:
- Nuclear weapons!

The world could consist of
- small empty villages.
- some populated villages.
- base camps for filling up on ammo.

I like the idea.

kp_p2p
07-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by archaonTCN
Sounds like a pretty stupid idea.
Beowulf:
Ding, ding! *gives Archaon a cookie*

royce
07-08-2002, 04:25 AM
Have any of you played Medal of Honor or Soldier of Fortune or Tribes? Once you get hooked to those games, then notice you can do that with graal, just not 3D, i'm pretty sure everyone would like it. I'm going to try to get some gun gfx dun soon. Well if anyone wants to help AIM me @ ShadDr3. This will not really be called a server or anything until its up. No jobs/staff or anything, just people who want to help out for a while.

WHIPENIE4
07-08-2002, 04:40 AM
I'll help with graphics :)

royce
07-08-2002, 05:27 AM
Help is deeply appreciated. The server would be a hangout arena where you can host your own match picking through dozens of maps to play in, choose which guns you will be using in that match, set afixed players health, max number of players, etc... Staff wouldnt be running around with tags or anything. If you have any trouble or problems just fill out a bug report then thats it. I hate it when you have places like this and you see staff just sitting there. There isnt really staff. The whole world is player manipulated. Players would have different ratings such as accuracy, kills and such.

Xbob42
07-08-2002, 09:34 AM
Yeah. I'll try to contribute whatever I can have some free time to do some things.

:D

nyghtGT
07-08-2002, 10:15 AM
nah...

North and South Graaliea

Iwograalia

Graarmandy

royce
07-09-2002, 08:01 AM
Ok, I have found out the name of the Server/World. It will be called 'Felt av Death'. So far, we have tons of ideas and feedback. Misfit has made some graphics for the Project so far.
Here is a Inventory Item:
http://eternaldestiny.net/images/gunanimation.gif
Here is a Med Kit and a Helmet:
http://eternaldestiny.net/images/ss.bmp
All made by Misfit. Pretty swell I think. Angel is scripting the morters already. Pretty Soon we'll show some screenshots.

WHIPENIE4
07-09-2002, 08:04 AM
Pssst Gun wasn't really for Inventory, I was just showing you the gun to see if you wanted it in a smaller model ;)