PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Role Play System Overview

Warcaptain
07-05-2002, 04:09 PM
As soon as enigmas np-sever stops disconnecting constantly

You can all go on enigma and check out the rp system i made for my role playing realm, Pandora.
Here is an overview of the entire system so far, the stats and how it affects the player.

I hope you feel free to post constructive suggestions and polite comments about it.

And when you see it I hope you enjoy :)

nyghtGT
07-05-2002, 04:12 PM
i like it...

Terazel Tenjin
07-05-2002, 04:19 PM
Very conclusive, very cool. Can't wait to see it. :D

Gangster88
07-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Ferret:
looks promising

LordZen
07-05-2002, 04:31 PM
For Dexterity, I wouldnt use the boot symbol. Doesnt seem like that goes with feet so much as it does hands..dunno I might be wrong though.

My only real complaint about the system is that it seems like Dexterity is given to much importance. With that current system, you could really do well if you only added to Dexterity. I could attack quickly, have a high dodge rate, and walk around the map fast...all if I maxed only dexterity out. Dunno..sounds a bit unbalanced.

konidias
07-05-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LordZen
For Dexterity, I wouldnt use the boot symbol. Doesnt seem like that goes with feet so much as it does hands..dunno I might be wrong though.

My only real complaint about the system is that it seems like Dexterity is given to much importance. With that current system, you could really do well if you only added to Dexterity. I could attack quickly, have a high dodge rate, and walk around the map fast...all if I maxed only dexterity out. Dunno..sounds a bit unbalanced.

::agrees::

Warcaptain
07-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by LordZen

true true

ill try to work on some way to balance some of the stats out and\or add more

nyghtGT
07-05-2002, 04:51 PM
I'm not much into the millions of statistical points the player can get, but what is dexterity suppose to be?

I imagine it being the compacity of mind control and ability to learn new skills and such...

Can anyone enlighten me?

Warcaptain
07-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
I'm not much into the millions of statistical points the player can get, but what is dexterity suppose to be?

I imagine it being the compacity of mind control and ability to learn new skills and such...

Can anyone enlighten me?

dexterity is the ability to use your hands and feet to do things

archaonTCN
07-05-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Warcaptain

dexterity is the ability to use your hands and feet to do things
SCREENSHOTS
NOW.

Kohojogo
07-05-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm banned at enigma-graal... dunno why, it just say "your account has been desabled from this sever, reason: God is your savor" ...

Jinx
07-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Looks neat.

-Jinx

Masah
07-05-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Kohojogo
I'm banned at enigma-graal... dunno why, it just say "your account has been desabled from this sever, reason: God is your savor" ...

Another Staff member abusing RC no doubt.

-Brett

Warcaptain
07-06-2002, 03:55 AM

not another staff abusing power...

but several times while cyanide was co-owner his acc was hacked and they did dumb things

and i remember them banning alot of people

i unbanned it.

if your acc is banned please let me know ill check the ban reason and find out how long it was banned for (if its a legit reason)

Warcaptain
07-06-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by archaonTCN

SCREENSHOTS
NOW.

just be patient

npc-server will be back up and you all can go and play with it as much as you want.

Warcaptain
07-06-2002, 03:58 AM
If you are giong to vote negative, plesae give me a reason why

I did this as an opinion and suggestion post

Not a opinion only.
If its bad, tell me how I can make it better.

Sparkplug
07-06-2002, 04:00 AM
looks good :)

Questa
07-06-2002, 04:01 AM
As soon as enigmas np-sever stops disconnecting constantly

You can all go on enigma and check out the rp system i made for my role playing realm, Pandora.
Here is an overview of the entire system so far, the stats and how it affects the player.

I hope you feel free to post constructive suggestions and polite comments about it.

And when you see it I hope you enjoy :)
cool.

gloop
07-06-2002, 04:10 AM
sexy

Torankusu
07-06-2002, 04:11 AM
I'm banned at enigma-graal... dunno why, it just say "your account has been desabled from this sever, reason: God is your savor" ... haha!
so was mine!

RavenTelvecho
07-06-2002, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
i like it...

MalakSylv
07-06-2002, 04:16 AM
almost as funny as my Malak account's two ban reasons:

"problmes on forum s"

and

"Insult the playrewolrd and Gral"

HoudiniMan
07-06-2002, 04:17 AM
*steals*

Bwahahhahaha

Warcaptain
07-06-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by HoudiniMan
*steals*

Bwahahhahaha

you can do what you want

but my system is already up, youll be the lamer not me ;)

i waited to post this untill the system was done and up and running

Jinx
07-06-2002, 04:42 AM

you can do what you want

but my system is already up, youll be the lamer not me ;)

i waited to post this untill the system was done and up and running

Good Choice ;)

-Jinx

Zxion
07-06-2002, 05:13 AM
:D I like it! Good idea! ^_^

royce
07-06-2002, 08:26 AM
Haha, theres really nothing to steal.

Warcaptain
07-06-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by royce
Haha, theres really nothing to steal.

actualy yes

the forumlas are pretty difficult

and a good enough scripter can do everything when the ideas are presentedni front of him

a good scripter could reproduce this if he wanted

but thatd be pretty lame i think

Warcaptain
07-07-2002, 06:51 PM
well its been 4 days still no npc-server restart

but hopefuly stefan will do it today.

keep checking all you who want to see it.

but dont think you are moving slow because of lag

low level chars move pretty slow

i raised speed for them in new system update
but if im not on it wont be updated yet (that is if it goes up today)

Warcaptain
07-07-2002, 11:15 PM
yes :)

NPC-Server is back.

come check out the system everyone :-D

Cid_Night
07-08-2002, 01:03 AM
very cool looks great, but isnt pandora the name of a town in secret of mana?

Warcaptain
07-08-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Cid_Night
very cool looks great, but isnt pandora the name of a town in secret of mana?

might be, i never got far in SOM3 i gave up cuz itw as a rom

but pandora is the chick who was given a box filled with all the evils in the world

when you play the final pandora (one with kingdom isles) youll realize why i called it that ;)

Cid_Night
07-08-2002, 01:20 AM
ohhh ya pandora's box...i woulda thought of that first but i was just playing SOM so thats why i thought of it...

Brad
07-08-2002, 01:21 AM
I LOVE the system. It's neat that you click to do your stats. The HP is a bit buggy though, :(

konidias
07-08-2002, 01:36 AM
The only problem I see with the whole thing, is that you shouldn't have released the formulas for your stats.. it completely takes the fun out of people spending sleepless nights composing strategy guides for your playerworld. :p

Falcor
07-08-2002, 01:49 AM
I don't see why you call it "Role Play System". Role play isn't based on armor and statistics. It should just be a plain status system, Adventure games have stat points, etc, so it's not really exclusive to RPGs... =\

G_yoshi
07-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by konidias
The only problem I see with the whole thing, is that you shouldn't have released the formulas for your stats.. it completely takes the fun out of people spending sleepless nights composing strategy guides for your playerworld. :p

Hehe, I agree somewhat...although, locating a formula for determining next level EXP would be nice ;)

as for how I plan on doing EXP...I think I'll stick with how square probably does it and just assign each monster a given value. And with my 2 excellent NPC scriptors, I can probably get it all done :D and maybe try to find a way to add in something where the NPC knows like the last 3-5 players that attacked it and will distribute the EXP possibly based upon damage dealt by each player :)

As for determining speed, I'd just stick with the simple AGIlity stat and variable ;) I think 6 stats is more than enough to allow players some personal control :D

Warcaptain
07-08-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

Hehe, I agree somewhat...although, locating a formula for determining next level EXP would be nice ;)

as for how I plan on doing EXP...I think I'll stick with how square probably does it and just assign each monster a given value. And with my 2 excellent NPC scriptors, I can probably get it all done :D and maybe try to find a way to add in something where the NPC knows like the last 3-5 players that attacked it and will distribute the EXP possibly based upon damage dealt by each player :)

As for determining speed, I'd just stick with the simple AGIlity stat and variable ;) I think 6 stats is more than enough to allow players some personal control :D

thats how ihave it, so i guess theres not much different.

even the way you kill someone gives you diff exp

(ie with rocks, sword, bow or throw item)

royce
07-09-2002, 01:38 AM
It's called a Battle System, here is mine

if AC-AP=0 |Damage Taken= Normal Value
if AC-AP<0 |Damake Taken= Normal Value*(1+(|AC-AP|/10))

erm, I hope u guys understand this.
Im breaking it down into steps so im sure u will get it clearly.

1) first subtract the AP(Attack Power) from the AC(Armor Class) (Example (AP=14 AC=8))

8(AC)-14(AP)= -6

2) Then, find the abs of the number you got out of the first step.

|-6| = 6

3) Now, divide this number by 10

6/10= .6

4) add this number to 1

.6 + 1 = 1.6

5) Now, take this number and multiply it by the ap

14 * 1.6 = 22.4

6) Round, and you have your result!

Hopefully with this formula i developed someone with a low AC that is struck by an Attack with High AP will take more damage.
If someone with a high AC is struck by a low AP they will not take as much damage. Every attack deals at least 1 damage. HP cannot be healed from a very high AC.

-Note: The modifiers only applie to PHYSICAL damage, as from a sword or bow. Elemental damage follows different rules.

Its simple really, every point of resistance someone has lowers the damage they take from any form of that element by 5%.

I have a fire resistance of 2. I am then struck by an attack that deals 10 fire damage. I only take 9. Easy, huh?

G_yoshi
07-09-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by royce
It's called a Battle System, here is mine

Heh, thanks, but I've already got it covered as far as how much damage players will do ;)

The Experience Point system (as well as ABP) is a different matter...although I believe I've already come up with a somewhat working system, just haven't tried it out yet :x