PDA

View Full Version : Too many playerworlds

Minoc
07-02-2002, 05:34 PM
There are just too many playerworlds with no players, those playerworlds are taking server space for no reason.

Tohz
07-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Minoc
There are just too many playerworlds with no players, those playerworlds are taking server space for no reason.

True, and I would rather see 4 quality playerworlds than 8 crappy ones, right now it's quantity of quality, something should be done, and I think there is sometime this month.

-Brett

draygin
07-02-2002, 08:25 PM
Before you go crying you should see which ones are actually doing stuff. Some just havnt released all the updates and are planning to soon.

They dont take up that much server space so quit you're whining not like its at the top of the player list and you have to scroll past it to get to where you want to go.:rolleyes:

Nemesis goes around at least weekly to check on updates of servers etc.. Including non released material. If he feels no progress is being made he'll shut it down.

Tohz
07-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by draygin
Before you go crying you should see which ones are actually doing stuff. Some just havnt released all the updates and are planning to soon.

They dont take up that much server space so quit you're whining not like its at the top of the player list and you have to scroll past it to get to where you want to go.:rolleyes:

Nemesis goes around at least weekly to check on updates of servers etc.. Including non released material. If he feels no progress is being made he'll shut it down.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me, and anyway, Nemesis can't shut them down himself, all he can do is tell Stefan to do it.

-Xs Ills

Jinx
07-02-2002, 08:47 PM
...you should see which ones are actually doing stuff. Some just havnt released all the updates and are planning to soon.

-Jinx

DragonX2
07-02-2002, 08:58 PM

I agree with Minoc. Sure these playerworlds haven't released any updates for a month, or two or three, or four but a whole year is just ludacris. Take them down or make them private. I don't mind them but what if I get bored with Graal2001 or another server, I goto explore other servers but what do I find? Nothing and that is very stupid and ridiculous. Atleast they can make simple things to keep people entertained even if it's for a few minutes, atleast it'd get some people occasionally but for a year, cmon. Hopefully they get their act together and start making stuff.

Jinx
07-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by DragonX2

I agree with Minoc. Sure these playerworlds haven't released any updates for a month, or two or three, or four but a whole year is just ludacris. Take them down or make them private. I don't mind them but what if I get bored with Graal2001 or another server, I goto explore other servers but what do I find? Nothing and that is very stupid and ridiculous. Atleast they can make simple things to keep people entertained even if it's for a few minutes, atleast it'd get some people occasionally but for a year, cmon. Hopefully they get their act together and start making stuff.

Playerworld inspections start this month(At least...I'm pretty sure they do....haven't seen nem anywhere lately). We'll be looking at Playerworlds. If it does not pass the inspection, I assume Nem or Psyker or whoever will have a chat with the owner of the server and find out whats going on. They might be working on some big project offline, etc. If it looks like things wont be going for awhile, the server will probibly be put into private mode. If nothing appears to be happening, it will probibly be shut down.

-Jinx

draygin
07-02-2002, 09:19 PM
At most there is like one player world that hasnt had any release in a year.

Tohz
07-02-2002, 10:16 PM
It's time they got off of their asses, or atleast post that they have upcoming crap, so we atleast know not to flame them..

-Xs Ills

draygin
07-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tohz
It's time they got off of their asses, or atleast post that they have upcoming crap, so we atleast know not to flame them..

-Xs Ills

Why show stuff? Some people want to keep it as a surprise. I mean sure they could go around bragging about all there stuff. But then it wouldnt be a surprise would it. I cant speak for other playerworlds. But Providence is almsot ready to release everything. We're just finishing up scripts. So you'll have to wait a bit longer if you want to see anything there. I expect the part to take the longest will be to rescript baddies with the experience system and the sword and armor. Only reason I'm mentioning that is because we had it way back on providence. We also have a multitude of NPC's for each class. Such as before warriors got jipped in the only actual npc they had was dodge. I would hope in two weeks we are ready but dont quote me on that.

Tohz
07-02-2002, 10:37 PM

Why show stuff? Some people want to keep it as a surprise. I mean sure they could go around bragging about all there stuff. But then it wouldnt be a surprise would it. I cant speak for other playerworlds. But Providence is almsot ready to release everything. We're just finishing up scripts. So you'll have to wait a bit longer if you want to see anything there. I expect the part to take the longest will be to rescript baddies with the experience system and the sword and armor. Only reason I'm mentioning that is because we had it way back on providence. We also have a multitude of NPC's for each class. Such as before warriors got jipped in the only actual npc they had was dodge. I would hope in two weeks we are ready but dont quote me on that.

Yeah but, I suppose they are only going to show Nemesis, when he reviews them sometime this month.

-Xs Ills

draygin
07-02-2002, 10:47 PM

Yeah but, I suppose they are only going to show Nemesis, when he reviews them sometime this month.

-Xs Ills

We've already shown him quite a bit. Level wise and a few npc's. But most of the npc's he hasnt seen yet since we didnt have them last he checked in on us. Dont have any problem showing what we have to PWA Since there job is to make sure we're doing ours. Just dont want the general public seeing everything. Then deciding why bother comming since they already know everything any ways.

Tohz
07-02-2002, 10:49 PM

We've already shown him quite a bit. Level wise and a few npc's. But most of the npc's he hasnt seen yet since we didnt have them last he checked in on us. Dont have any problem showing what we have to PWA Since there job is to make sure we're doing ours. Just dont want the general public seeing everything. Then deciding why bother comming since they already know everything any ways.

Is this server you're talking about Gaia?

-Xs Ills

draygin
07-02-2002, 10:51 PM

Is this server you're talking about Gaia?

-Xs Ills

No Providence. I've already stated such. We have a temporary crap overworld up at the moment. But there are actually two overworlds. The temp and the actual overworld that you can only get to by being warped so far. But everything will be released soon. Dont have an exact date yet. Just depends on how long it takes to finish up scripts.

Tohz
07-02-2002, 11:00 PM

No Providence. I've already stated such. We have a temporary crap overworld up at the moment. But there are actually two overworlds. The temp and the actual overworld that you can only get to by being warped so far. But everything will be released soon. Dont have an exact date yet. Just depends on how long it takes to finish up scripts.

I'm sure it will turn out good, what is your position?

-Xs Ills

draygin
07-02-2002, 11:13 PM

I'm sure it will turn out good, what is your position?

-Xs Ills

Co-Owner and it will. If you dont believe me check it out when its released. I'll be posting in the forums when it is.

Tohz
07-02-2002, 11:17 PM

Co-Owner and it will. If you dont believe me check it out when its released. I'll be posting in the forums when it is.

Don't worry, I believe it will be great.

-Xs Ills

AlkarenHyralt
07-03-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Jinx

Playerworld inspections start this month(At least...I'm pretty sure they do....haven't seen nem anywhere lately). We'll be looking at Playerworlds. If it does not pass the inspection, I assume Nem or Psyker or whoever will have a chat with the owner of the server and find out whats going on. They might be working on some big project offline, etc. If it looks like things wont be going for awhile, the server will probibly be put into private mode. If nothing appears to be happening, it will probibly be shut down.

-Jinx

I need to speak to nem and see if I am doing inspections as well.

Milkdude99
07-03-2002, 03:14 AM
I have huge Projects going some new things have been put on but I am not about to reveal on this Board what they are till I am ready with some of it.... Some of the levels are made and require the NPC Server to work correctly so they will not go up till it does. Most of the project will require the NPC server and advanced scripting to work as planned , many GFX have been made already and yet if I post them they will reveal , well at least 1/3 of what is going up. The project is about 300 levels when completed and this will take months to complete with the limited amount of Lats we have. But when the NPC server is up and it is set I will put up the first levels for one of the Islands going up.What we are doing is not presently on any PW and a new approach to a Player World.:cool:

Minoc
07-03-2002, 04:16 AM
Playerworlds with an average of 2 players online should be taken down, even if they is really good.

Jinx
07-03-2002, 04:24 AM
Playerworlds with an average of 2 players online should be taken down, even if they is really good.

How about no?

-Jinx

archaonTCN
07-03-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
I have huge Projects going some new things have been put on but I am not about to reveal on this Board what they are till I am ready with some of it.... Some of the levels are made and require the NPC Server to work correctly so they will not go up till it does. Most of the project will require the NPC server and advanced scripting to work as planned , many GFX have been made already and yet if I post them they will reveal , well at least 1/3 of what is going up. The project is about 300 levels when completed and this will take months to complete with the limited amount of Lats we have. But when the NPC server is up and it is set I will put up the first levels for one of the Islands going up.What we are doing is not presently on any PW and a new approach to a Player World.:cool:
I really hope it will be as good as it sounds, from what I've seen you and Moonie are doing a really good job.

Torankusu
07-03-2002, 04:45 AM

How about no?

-Jinx ?
Why not?

Minoc
07-03-2002, 04:52 AM

How about no?

-Jinx
Tell me one reason for keeping it online.

ZanderX
07-03-2002, 05:07 AM

Tell me one reason for keeping it online.

If it's really good, why take it offline? Just because a playerworld doesn't have enough players doesn't mean that there aren't players who enjoy the server and staff work hard on it, especially if it's a good one.

Minoc
07-03-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

If it's really good, why take it offline? Just because a playerworld doesn't have enough players doesn't mean that there aren't players who enjoy the server and staff work hard on it, especially if it's a good one.
So leave a playerworld up for 2 players?

Milkdude99
07-03-2002, 05:18 AM

So leave a playerworld up for 2 players? They pay money don't they ? Or is their money no good because they are only a few?:rolleyes:

ZanderX
07-03-2002, 05:20 AM
They pay money don't they ? Or is their money no good because they are only a few?:rolleyes:

Very, very well said.

Minoc
07-03-2002, 05:26 AM
They pay money don't they ? Or is their money no good because they are only a few?:rolleyes:
I think the server space costs more x_X

Jinx
07-03-2002, 06:49 AM

I think the server space costs more x_X

If server space costed more, don't you think stefan would have taken them down by now?

-Jinx

Mykel
07-03-2002, 07:07 AM

indeed...

G_yoshi
07-03-2002, 09:59 AM
It would be nice if I could work on my current project online...but until I get the GServer that Graal2002 uses, I have to do it all offline and hope the final product is worthy of such a wonderful thing :)

XxxxneosoftxxxX
07-04-2002, 02:11 PM

So leave a playerworld up for 2 players?

Yes. As Moonie said, people pay money for this stuff, I know you would get pissy if X was your favorite server and it was taken down because of low player count. How would things be different if they were taken down, except for the unsatisfaction of the players that like that server. And you can't say "um well there will be liek less lag, k?" because that's not a garantuee.

what will you gain out of the elimination of those servers? Nothing....except for personal satisfaction. which no one gives a DAMN about.

I think this was a really unthought (is that a word) thread. Use some logic behind your arguments.