PDA

View Full Version : Question for playerworlds with new or edited tilesets

Xbob42
07-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Are you guys using setbackpal or seteffects, or have at least tried to use setbackpal?

I did a few edits on the graal tileset and noticed when I use setbackpal that it makes everything look weird and dark. When I use seteffect everything looks the same when I make the level darker.
Any chances of seteffect replacing setbackpal since you can do a whole LOT more with seteffect than setbackpal?

So have any of you people tried setbackpal to test this? I guess the reason for this is because there was loss of color when I saved it in PSP.

So have any of you tried it? I asked Maloria's GFX admin and the guy told me to ask a NAT. :/
I would like to hear from the rest of you who are makin one or have edited the graal tileset. I hope WeirdPikachu and Konidias responds.

Xbob42
07-02-2002, 10:09 AM
Here's examples of what I'm talking about.

Xbob42
07-02-2002, 10:11 AM
2nd one

weirdpikachu2
07-02-2002, 10:35 AM
i use addtiledef and it does the same thing for my tileset in those situations Xx

G_yoshi
07-02-2002, 10:58 AM
#1 DON'T USE BACKPALS ANYMORE!!!!

You have access to something that is far greater and that is seteffect. Backpals are nasty...and the reason you see distorted color is because the tileset has a differing color palette than what the backpals have....if you want to use the horrid things, then make palettes based on your tilesets instead of using the defaul graal ones...or just simply not use custom tilesets :p

weirdpikachu2
07-02-2002, 11:05 AM
wait so err... what exactly do we do to get rid of the horrid effects of new tilesets? :p

Lao_Su2
07-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Those pics look like someone that is smoking's world...heh

Anyways Yoshi would seteffect be ok though?

Xbob42
07-02-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2
wait so err... what exactly do we do to get rid of the horrid effects of new tilesets? :p

Use seteffect cause it won't change the colors of stuff when the level is made to be darker. That's what I've been using.

[email protected] Su's comment.

G_yoshi
07-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2

use setbackpal <yourtilesetimage>; to restore normal palette. Just use seteffect to control darkness as it affects even images whereas backpals don't :p

Goboom
07-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Xbob42
Here's examples of what I'm talking about.
Dunno whats up with me tonight i like how those colors...they make my eyes go like this :eek: :megaeek: :eek:

Lao_Su2
07-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Wow i was right for once im amazed:megaeek:

Graal518
07-02-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi
#1 DON'T USE BACKPALS ANYMORE!!!!

ottoxero
07-04-2002, 01:44 AM
yea the tilesets seem to cause that problem. one of my LATs on Gileada added a backpal and liek screwed up half my map with that negitized effects. so my number 1 commandment :p
Thous Shalt Not Use Back Pals
at leats on my server. i even ask tyhm about this problem and he has no idea. maybe goto bomber with this? cuz backpals can add great effects without lighty lag of seteffect.

JrTerrorist
07-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Well for my custom tileset there's an advantage to it!
Although if my server has a chance of going up i'll prob have to get rid of it...

...drugs!
Just weed for now, speed is next! o.O
Attached pic included!

(This is what ya look like when ya smoke the pot!)

http://everworld.yoll.net

Yes I own Criminal X (Xbob42 on this forum...)'s old playerworld x_X