PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Graphics Teaser.


Evildred144
06-29-2002, 02:28 PM
I told you a new tileset was being made from our professional drawer. Well its looking pretty amazing. here is a tiny tiny tiny sneak peak at our graphic quality just so you all know what to expect from us.


Progress
Tileset 5%
Characters 3%
Ideas and story 100%


note that there is a color loss because of the graphics being 256 colors.

Saga2001
06-29-2002, 02:38 PM
sexy, u damn tease.

weirdpikachu2
06-29-2002, 02:58 PM
you say it's being done by a professional drawer, yet my eyes refuse to beleive such blasphemy

bragging gets you nowhere... :rolleyes:

Evildred144
06-29-2002, 03:18 PM
You can only do so much with a png having to be the tileset image type. The limit is 256 colors.

weirdpikachu2
06-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Evildred144
You can only do so much with a png having to be the tileset image type. The limit is 256 colors.

umm... that is NOT an excuse at all... 256 colors is more than plenty and i only see around 10 colors in there at most... PNG is the best for preserving colors, so obviously, you have no idea of what your trying to defend there :rolleyes:

Evildred144
06-29-2002, 03:55 PM
I wouldnt be talking. Your servers tileset only has 2-4 colors in each graphic. Even if 10 its still higher then what yours are. Your neon bushes and trees they look so stupid. So really you can shut up now. Thank you.

Evildred144
06-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Also if you used the brain your god gave you once in a while. You would have noticed, I have a GIF posted. Gifs are known to have color loss.

weirdpikachu2
06-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Evildred144
I wouldnt be talking. Your servers tileset only has 2-4 colors in each graphic. Even if 10 its still higher then what yours are. Your neon bushes and trees they look so stupid. So really you can shut up now. Thank you.

Hey back off... do you see me bragging about my tileset? I think not. Why is has 2-4 colors per tile? Thats how the original graal graphics were made and i dont intend to take too much away from that style. My neon bushes and trees look stupid, do they now? Well, at least I find that a respectable opinion, which had just as much of negative connotation as mine. At least my tiles blend... I can blantly see each and every color in that tree's-err-remains...

weirdpikachu2
06-29-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Evildred144
Also if you used the brain your god gave you once in a while. You would have noticed, I have a GIF posted. Gifs are known to have color loss.

That image has 14 colors... GIFs can have 256... ~.~

if you knew anything about pixel art, you would know how small of a number of colors they have to use...

LordZen
06-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Here is a rather outdated screenshot of my playerworld's tilset. I posted it sometime back in the graphics section.

What I wanted to say was, that uhm...maybe you should show a little bit more, because that 'little' pic wasnt really much of a tease. :(

Evildred144
06-29-2002, 04:44 PM
lol its a teaser not a preview.

GraalBR
06-29-2002, 05:46 PM
Its no good :-\.
Its not a tease its a disgrace.

Im just giving my HONEST opinion so dont diss me please thanks.

warp2ukew
06-29-2002, 05:52 PM
no offense dread but hiring a professional is going a bit far? graal issupposed to be a fun game for the people who PLAY it.

GraalBR
06-29-2002, 06:05 PM
The dude lied hes no professional if he made **** like that.

Also "what to expect from us"
Not much then eh

Torankusu
06-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Eclipse doesn't appeal to me at all.

First, it was DBZ based, and now I hear it's FF based.

WHIPENIE4
06-29-2002, 09:00 PM
Look's fine to me i'd take that hole out though.

I don't see how you can't like it, the colouring on it is nice even with colour loss, you can tell its a dead tree, he added plant life around it that's a plus, there's the shadow for the tree which everyone forgets. Only thing that is close to being bad is the hole it doesn't fit right.

RavenTelvecho
06-29-2002, 09:08 PM
isnt exlipse apart of krynn??

Torankusu
06-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by RavenTelvecho
isnt exlipse apart of krynn?? i think so...

Faheria_GP4
06-29-2002, 09:45 PM
Yea Eclipse and Krynn joined to form the "ULTA MEGA SUPER SERVER" that is gonna beat Konidias' Oasis.

Neither Appeal to me.
Eclipse looks okay
I dont like Oasis anymore. Everything is "FLAT!"

Aestus
06-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2
you say it's being done by a professional drawer, yet my eyes refuse to beleive such blasphemy

bragging gets you nowhere... :rolleyes:

Hey idiot, at least his grass tiles aren't ripped from a ****ing Pokemon game, which is more than anyone can say of your's.

That trunk looks better than anything you've shown us, and unlike some of your tiles, isn't stolen. So lay the hell off.

Aknts
06-29-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Faheria_GP4
Yea Eclipse and Krynn joined to form the "ULTA MEGA SUPER SERVER" that is gonna beat Konidias' Oasis.

Neither Appeal to me.
Eclipse looks okay
I dont like Oasis anymore. Everything is "FLAT!"

Neither?? Then why were you asking me to be staff on Krynn?

Petey84
06-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Nishoku:

Have something to brag about before you brag =).

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 02:18 AM
lol i didnt brag. What looks amazing to me could look different to you. I think just because my playerworld name isnt oasis or murasamune or my name isnt soulblade or konidias you all arent gonna like it. ( no offense to the 2)

haunter
06-30-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
our professional drawer.

Betcha it's Deeky, he rox... <3 4 deek

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by haunter


Betcha it's Deeky, he rox... <3 4 deek

nope --' better then deek.

ParadiseAdmin3
06-30-2002, 02:23 AM
Eclipse + Krynn = Ecrynn

RavenTelvecho
06-30-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by ParadiseAdmin3
Eclipse + Krynn = Ecrynn har har

adam
06-30-2002, 03:53 AM
Last I checked graphics were required to be in png format.

Deek2
06-30-2002, 03:53 AM
Thats better than my GFX? You have GOT to be kidding me.:o

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Deek2
Thats better than my GFX? You have GOT to be kidding me.:o

deek ive seen your tree you were making for faheria, its not that great.

HideMisery
06-30-2002, 04:28 AM
Shadrock (i think) could do better

(i forgot if he was the one who made that mech in MSPaint?)

Brad
06-30-2002, 04:30 AM
I would make a server if I had a tileset but owell.

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 04:36 AM
our graphics creater draws his graphics. Here is a "doodle" of his

Brad
06-30-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
our graphics creater draws his graphics. Here is a "doodle" of his

Looks...good. If you got someone like that working on a graal server...I will look forward to it.

Zakur
06-30-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144


deek ive seen your tree you were making for faheria, its not that great.

I've seen that tree, and it looks much more 'professional' than that trunk does.

Originally posted by HideMisery
Shadrock (i think) could do better

(i forgot if he was the one who made that mech in MSPaint?)

Yes, that was him.

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 05:00 AM
A Tree? I thought it was a Mountain ah well shows how good he is ;-)

weirdpikachu2
06-30-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Aestus


Hey idiot, at least his grass tiles aren't ripped from a ****ing Pokemon game, which is more than anyone can say of your's.

That trunk looks better than anything you've shown us, and unlike some of your tiles, isn't stolen. So lay the hell off.

Oh dear, I am soooo offended by your unjustified lack of common sense. Let's compare, shall we?

Me
-Just showing basic unofficial screenshots
-Not bragging; then again, I could do so very soon
-Stolen? More like stoeln AND touched up.
-Better than anything I've shown, is it? How's this:
http://weirdpikachu.com/utopiatank.png

Him
-Over-defensive from unconstuctive critisizm
-Defends the graphic with excuses
-What you must realize, THERE WAS NO COLOR LOSS in his. It only had 14 friggin colors!
-Get over your poor graphics; just because someone can draw something on paper doesn't mean they can do equally well with pixels :rolleyes:

Torankusu
06-30-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2

-Better than anything I've shown, is it? How's this:
http://weirdpikachu.com/utopiatank.png
POEKMONS.

weirdpikachu2
06-30-2002, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
POEKMONS.

:megaeek:

err... yeah... I was kinda refering to the tank... Xx

Torankusu
06-30-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by weirdpikachu2


:megaeek:

err... yeah... I was kinda refering to the tank... Xx Tanks and graal don't mix, unless you're going to shoot bomys out of it.

And, I agree with:
"Him
-Over-defensive from unconstuctive critisizm
-Defends the graphic with excuses
-What you must realize, THERE WAS NO COLOR LOSS in his. It only had 14 friggin colors!
-Get over your poor graphics; just because someone can draw something on paper doesn't mean they can do equally well with pixels
"

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Tanks and graal don't mix, unless you're going to shoot bomys out of it.

And, I agree with:
"Him
-Over-defensive from unconstuctive critisizm
-Defends the graphic with excuses
-What you must realize, THERE WAS NO COLOR LOSS in his. It only had 14 friggin colors!
-Get over your poor graphics; just because someone can draw something on paper doesn't mean they can do equally well with pixels
"

haunter
06-30-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144


nope --' better then deek.

nobody is better then Deek...

haunter
06-30-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
POEKMONS.

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 06:10 AM
im defensive because in graal you have to be. Everytime i show something from my playerworld. Its bad mouthed and told its not that good. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother, I could have the server removed and just live a happy life. You all could play on servers that are already up and keep complaining. The whole tileset is 256 colors not the one stump --' it looses colors because it was tooken from the tileset not the fact that stump is whatever ammount. As for deek , yes his graphics are nice but not the best. There is not best, it depends on personal tastes. i like more realistic graphics while others like the old cartoony ones. The reason I always badmouth people is because they ALWAYS start stuff with me first and im sick of it. If konidias showed that stump I GUARENTEE you all would drool over it and love because of who he is. Thats the thing I dont like about graal. Over the past few years Ive only got a few good comments about my playerworld, its what kept me going but soon i doubt it can. As for the positive comments from those who liked it, thank you. Everytime I here so many negative comments I usually start the whole thing over. I have switched overworlds well over 7 times but still its harrassed. What the hell do you people want. Graal isnt Diablo2 or Everquest. The quality of what I showed is more then enough to have a good server. Shadow Knight is doing all the scripting so the scripts will be good and to those that are about to reply HE STEALS HIS SCRIPTS! he doesnt. I will be making the levels because well im not the best but im am above average. Eclipse is going to be based on a lot of team effort. The battle system is like a RPG game such as final fantasy and you can team up with people and fight along side them in battles. In battle you can combine attacks and magic to create powerful spells or combos. You can even customize your battlepose and character look. What more can you people want. Im serious.

::edit:: And another thing. Incase people didnt know my server is a 2d server not a 3d like faheria or graal2k2

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
im defensive because in graal you have to be. Everytime i show something from my playerworld. Its bad mouthed and told its not that good. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother, I could have the server removed and just live a happy life. You all could play on servers that are already up and keep complaining. The whole tileset is 256 colors not the one stump --' it looses colors because it was tooken from the tileset not the fact that stump is whatever ammount. As for deek , yes his graphics are nice but not the best. There is not best, it depends on personal tastes. i like more realistic graphics while others like the old cartoony ones. The reason I always badmouth people is because they ALWAYS start stuff with me first and im sick of it. If konidias showed that stump I GUARENTEE you all would drool over it and love because of who he is. Thats the thing I dont like about graal. Over the past few years Ive only got a few good comments about my playerworld, its what kept me going but soon i doubt it can. As for the positive comments from those who liked it, thank you. Everytime I here so many negative comments I usually start the whole thing over. I have switched overworlds well over 7 times but still its harrassed. What the hell do you people want. Graal isnt Diablo2 or Everquest. The quality of what I showed is more then enough to have a good server. Shadow Knight is doing all the scripting so the scripts will be good and to those that are about to reply HE STEALS HIS SCRIPTS! he doesnt. I will be making the levels because well im not the best but im am above average. Eclipse is going to be based on a lot of team effort. The battle system is like a RPG game such as final fantasy and you can team up with people and fight along side them in battles. In battle you can combine attacks and magic to create powerful spells or combos. You can even customize your battlepose and character look. What more can you people want. Im serious.

::edit:: And another thing. Incase people didnt know my server is a 2d server not a 3d like faheria or graal2k2

I stopped reading round about the time that it started

Falcor
06-30-2002, 06:45 AM
Deek's got skill ;)
Ive done some leet stuff on pencil and paper, but I can't do **** on the internet. If you could show us some "doodles" that he does on the computer, it would be more acurate.

Faheria_LAT3
06-30-2002, 06:53 AM
Deek is very talented, I enjoy looking at his work.

weirdpikachu2
06-30-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by GraalBR


I stopped reading round about the time that it started

konidias
06-30-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
If konidias showed that stump I GUARENTEE you all would drool over it and love because of who he is. Thats the thing I dont like about graal.

"Who I am" has nothing to do with my artistic talent. I despise you for saying that.

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:03 AM
he draws everything using those pen pad things.

Faheria_LAT3
06-30-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
he draws everything using those pen pad things.

What's your point?

Deek2
06-30-2002, 07:13 AM
I'm sure if you asked some of the best graphic designers on the internet i'm sure they'd use a graphics tablet too. Or at least suggest using one. I don't use the pen on it anyways, I use a mouse. Same thing as a normal mouse, isn't it? It just glides smoother.

davidpsy
06-30-2002, 07:14 AM
you people on page 1 and 2 should have a cup of shut the f*** up i like his gfx

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 07:18 AM
Don't ever say that someone is better than Deek.
Deek is better than me and from past experiance im good.

No ONE abuse Deeks powers.

*Bows to the Deek shrine*

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by konidias


"Who I am" has nothing to do with my artistic talent. I despise you for saying that.

I was saying that alot of people probably like your graphics because you are well known on graal.

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144


I was saying that alot of people probably like your graphics because you are well known on graal.

Now your being a fool.

If someone doesnt like GFX they tell them they dont and tell them how they can improve them ect ect.

Konidas has done well with Oasis and deserves the great attention he gets from it.

Please just stop while ur behind.

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:25 AM
The graphics he has shown were good but thats not thats all to a playerworld

Deek2
06-30-2002, 07:25 AM
And if you don't like people critisizing you playerworld, I don't suggest doing anything else on graal. Because your not always going to get happy fun fun people that absolutley wubb your playerworld. Not everyone is going to think the same, you know.

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
The graphics he has shown were good but thats not thats all to a playerworld

I know that?????? but neither me nor Konidas are making it out to be like that

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:27 AM
The thing is no one has ever liked my playerworld. Im might have it tooken down. Im tired of this. I could do better things in life then waste my time slaving on a playerworlds just for it to ALWAYS get knocked down.

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Deek2
And if you don't like people critisizing you playerworld, I don't suggest doing anything else on graal. Because your not always going to get happy fun fun people that absolutley wubb your playerworld. Not everyone is going to think the same, you know.

Deek ur sooooooooo 1337.

*bows to the Deek shrine*

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:29 AM
Most people dont know how bad it feels to own a playerworld and people are always saying how it sucks and ect. It makes you want to just give up.

Deek2
06-30-2002, 07:30 AM
Now your just being funny
Your throwing all the good things away about your playerworld and thriveing on the bad things people say about it. I can tell you alot of people like your playerworld, and I hate to see something worked on for soo many years just to be trashed cause a couple of kids said the trunk was bad. =/

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:32 AM
I really havent heard many good comments in a long time. Ill probably host a public beta or something eventually to see if people like it.

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Deek2
Now your just being funny
Your throwing all the good things away about your playerworld and thriveing on the bad things people say about it. I can tell you alot of people like your playerworld, and I hate to see something worked on for soo many years just to be trashed cause a couple of kids said the trunk was bad. =/


*Bows to the Deek shrine*

Also if all these ppl are saying ur PW sucks........Maybe it does.

Who are you anyway and what PW do you own lol :)

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:33 AM
Krynn/Eclipse.

But for some reason the only time people like things were when spanky showed stuff.

GraalBR
06-30-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
Krynn/Eclipse.

But for some reason the only time people like things were when spanky showed stuff.

Sort that Tree Stump thing out it looks like a Mountain
kthxbye

konidias
06-30-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Evildred144
Most people dont know how bad it feels to own a playerworld and people are always saying how it sucks and ect. It makes you want to just give up.

Well I get people telling me that they think Oasis sucks, and they say my graphics suck. I hear all the time from people saying "Oasis will never get finished" or "Konidias will quit" or "Oasis will suck right after it comes out".

I don't take any of that seriously. However, if everyone says you need to improve, maybe it's time to listen to them. Not everyone is great at art, scripting, or making a graal playerworld. If the playerworld is awful, people aren't going to butter your roll and tell you that it's "nice" because those people are the ones that are going to be playing it.

Just like if someone was making clothes for you to wear, you would tell them if the clothes suck, because you don't want to wear sucky clothes.

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by konidias


Well I get people telling me that they think Oasis sucks, and they say my graphics suck. I hear all the time from people saying "Oasis will never get finished" or "Konidias will quit" or "Oasis will suck right after it comes out".

I don't take any of that seriously. However, if everyone says you need to improve, maybe it's time to listen to them. Not everyone is great at art, scripting, or making a graal playerworld. If the playerworld is awful, people aren't going to butter your roll and tell you that it's "nice" because those people are the ones that are going to be playing it.

Just like if someone was making clothes for you to wear, you would tell them if the clothes suck, because you don't want to wear sucky clothes.

yeah i guess but i wear what i can afford :P

Deek2
06-30-2002, 07:51 AM
Just listen to people, take the bad things into consideration, and fix them. You'll get alot more fans if you just listen instead of dreading over everything people say. :)

Faheria_GP4
06-30-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Aknts


Neither?? Then why were you asking me to be staff on Krynn?

Waaaait one second. Who IMed me on IM saying DV we need a gfx artist and music for Krynn. You said you needed something done in one week and I was like h*ll no. Show me the server first. I wanna make sure im not gonna work for some sucky server.

Evildred144
06-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_GP4


Waaaait one second. Who IMed me on IM saying DV we need a gfx artist and music for Krynn. You said you needed something done in one week and I was like h*ll no. Show me the server first. I wanna make sure im not gonna work for some sucky server.

we got things under control... Its cool dont worry about it.

Mista_Micro
06-30-2002, 10:14 PM
I wouldnt go as far as 'professional' who made that graphic but i do say it is good.

kp_p2p
06-30-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by konidias


Well I get people telling me that they think Oasis sucks, and they say my graphics suck. I hear all the time from people saying "Oasis will never get finished" or "Konidias will quit" or "Oasis will suck right after it comes out".

I don't take any of that seriously. However, if everyone says you need to improve, maybe it's time to listen to them. Not everyone is great at art, scripting, or making a graal playerworld. If the playerworld is awful, people aren't going to butter your roll and tell you that it's "nice" because those people are the ones that are going to be playing it.

Just like if someone was making clothes for you to wear, you would tell them if the clothes suck, because you don't want to wear sucky clothes.
Beowulf:
I always told you that your animation was horrible ;P. I hope you've kind of improved on that, because your graphics are spiffy, but they don't animate well at all.


As far as Deek having "A pen tablet thing", I assure you it makes little or no difference in the quality of his work. No one can actually control the pen well enough to use it to do pixel art. Sure, they MIGHT use it to make a general outline, but I assure you nearly all of them will go back in and edit it to the full product using a mouse.

Boozy_Bravo
06-30-2002, 11:26 PM
EvilDred, I wouldn't quit your playerworld project just yet, just because a few people on here enjoy making others feel bad about their work. Your playerworld/Krynn shows much more promise than the majority of the playerworlds in the making, and it already seems to have surpassed the quality of the current online worlds.

However, you need to learn to take insults better, especially if you post on this message board. It's one of the most hostile message boards I have ever participated in. Instead of giving you constructive criticism, most people on here will just say, "it sucks," and move on. All you have to do is ignore those people, and only pay attention to the good comments, and the constructive criticism.

Now, as for the tree trunk you posted, I think it's okay. It's better than most things seen on Graal, but it's not the best. I honestly don't see why so many people are saying it's bad. Sure, it could use some work, but the people on here make it sound as if it's a two-minute sketch in paint or something. :/

Cid_Night
07-01-2002, 12:27 AM
actually i kinda like the trunk, it looked pretty good, and realistic, certainly not going for the "cartoony" style, but that could be a good thing, realistic graphics are nice sometimes...well alot of the times. But id like to see some of Deek's graphics just becuz everyone says that he's really good and my interest has been sparked, so deek post somethinnnn!

Aknts
07-01-2002, 01:05 AM
Yeah I have seen more of the tileset and it is just awesome. Its takes a turn for its gfx to be not anything like Graal.. I gurantee people will love the gfx when there done.

royce
07-01-2002, 01:08 AM
hahahaha when evildred tries to protest back he sounds so stupid. People actually like the playerworlds where the owners dont disagree on other peoples opinions and try to get back at them for something they have created.

Aknts
07-01-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by royce
hahahaha when evildred tries to protest back he sounds so stupid. People actually like the playerworlds where the owners dont disagree on other peoples opinions and try to get back at them for something they have created.


Evilred is just sticking up for himself and a playerworld he loves.. just leave it be.

royce
07-01-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Aknts



Evilred is just sticking up for himself and a playerworld he loves.. just leave it be.
Leave it be? Sticking up for his playerworld? Ok, how does this sound, a new PW Rule in these forums are no saying anything discouraging about any pw projects or servers. How do you think everyone could prevail from that?

WHIPENIE4
07-01-2002, 01:17 AM
Posted by Haunter
nobody is better then Deek...

Don't know about that....deek is good but... there are better people.

Pen tablet actually does help quite a bit with the outline and the general form of whatever you're making, mouse is better for colouring and adding detail.

I don't personally have one but i've tried it before.


Posted by Bad Religion
I stopped reading round about the time that it started

If you didn't even read it then why the hell are you posting, its nice that you're giving opinions but c'mon quit posting useless bs, Tu me fais chier.