PDA

View Full Version : very VERY VERY OLD Graal Online


DarkHero2002
06-27-2002, 02:30 AM
lookie picture..stefans first time online :) so sexy *wubs*

Logo
06-27-2002, 02:33 AM
I played for about a week when Graal looked like that :p

DarkHero2002
06-27-2002, 02:34 AM
tis a very big bomb stefan made

mikepg
06-27-2002, 02:41 AM
i never played online with that version, but ive used it...

scripting was nothing more than playing sounds, and moving players...

and you could only have two weapons, lol.

DarkHero2002
06-27-2002, 02:42 AM
thats graal 4 ya! lol

Pir
06-27-2002, 02:47 AM
that isnt a big bomb, its just a big image of a normal bomb, in the oler versions you got a bow and a bomb that were selected by pressing S and D at the same time.

Aknts
06-27-2002, 02:48 AM
Lugie:

I remember when the map resembled that... now it is just all messed up and different because Tyhm can't take a day off. :P

DarkHero2002
06-27-2002, 02:49 AM
hmm did the "put cursor over head on map and see the players name" work then

Cid_Night
06-27-2002, 03:00 AM
wow that is old, haha, the guilds name is pk...as if they invented the phrase player killers....becuz they prolly did....what year is that from?

albus777
06-27-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Cid_Night
wow that is old, haha, the guilds name is pk...as if they invented the phrase player killers....becuz they prolly did....what year is that from?
They did not invent the phrase. I think it's been around for a long time

albus777
06-27-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Aknts
Lugie:

I remember when the map resembled that... now it is just all messed up and different because Tyhm can't take a day off. :P
That's good, cause more updates this way :D

Lyndzey
06-27-2002, 03:24 AM
That's not the first day of Graal...
That was around Graal Gold, which happened like half a year after Graal started.

Link77
06-27-2002, 04:47 AM
wow very old think i remember it like that.

Aknts
06-27-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Cid_Night
wow that is old, haha, the guilds name is pk...as if they invented the phrase player killers....becuz they prolly did....what year is that from?

Lugie:

No, when you PKed back then you had the tag "(PK)" put at the end of your name, letting people know that you were a PK at to stay away from you. :)

Referred to as "PK Tags"...

Googi
06-27-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Aknts


Lugie:

No, when you PKed back then you had the tag "(PK)" put at the end of your name, letting people know that you were a PK at to stay away from you. :)

Referred to as "PK Tags"...

Oh yeah...and you couldn't heal either...

BlKnight
06-27-2002, 06:28 AM
That is not THAT old. At least from my knowledge.

And Pk wasn't a guild. It was a tag you recieved after you killed somone that stayed with you for a while.

Cid_Night
06-27-2002, 06:32 AM
oh wow, kinda like a pre-ap kinda thing, thats cool...thats a bit before my time, i came around when Dino Valley first started...i dunno it was a while ago but not that long...cool cool

Aknts
06-27-2002, 07:13 AM
Lugie:

Hehe, Dino Valley... it's a funny thing that is the thing you chose to name when you started by.

I started when Big City was released! :D

Cid_Night
06-27-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Aknts
Lugie:

Hehe, Dino Valley... it's a funny thing that is the thing you chose to name when you started by.

I started when Big City was released! :D

Well DV was my first real server, i kinda wandered around checkin places out for a month or two then DV came up and i liked it so i played there for about 4 months, then wandered a bit, played a bit of Classic, a lil bit of UN, then i went to Old Old Doomsday i guess its when saga was owner...i cant really remember, it was pre new overworld, and ive been there for about a year now.

DarkHero2002
06-27-2002, 10:32 PM
im sorry damn, i found out its not his first time online, it was graal gold, or something before that

Saga2001
06-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Lyndzey
That's not the first day of Graal...
That was around Graal Gold, which happened like half a year after Graal started.

BeZeRkEr
06-27-2002, 11:55 PM
PK Tags, woooo!

BeZeRkEr
06-28-2002, 12:22 AM
i started playing around 1.39 or something
there was server list and stuff
and i played on paradox
then i moved to npulse and then to graal2001 when it came out
and then graal2002
now i dont play so much.. graal is boring :o

Lyndzey
06-28-2002, 12:42 AM
Actually, I'm probably wrong. That's from before Graal Gold, around the time RW came out, so maybe in the 10th Graal?

cshank4
06-28-2002, 01:22 AM
Ddint there used to be two huge guilds back them named PK and PKK?

Aknts
06-28-2002, 01:26 AM
Lugie:

They weren't guilds.

cshank4
06-28-2002, 01:32 AM
oh, Lugie is MPOGD down?

Lyndzey
06-28-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by cshank4
Ddint there used to be two huge guilds back them named PK and PKK?

PK-Not a guild
PKK-Player Killer Klan, later changed to IPK, Insane Player Killers or I PK, owned by Armageddon then Brandon ;)

BTW, that first day of Graal shot on the old page was someone else's first day on Graal, not Stefan's.

Aknts
06-28-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by cshank4
oh, Lugie is MPOGD down?

Yeah, last I checked there was some kind of error. :/

adam
06-28-2002, 04:10 AM
I think I played in graal when it had PK tags. I remember everybody talking about them. and then complaining about the ap system. Although I was very newbiish and hadn't a clue what they were talking about....

DarkPyro_2001
06-28-2002, 05:26 AM
I started Graal in 1.36... but I was introduced to it much earlier, by a guy who called himself "Azrael". I don't suppose anybody's heard of him? ;)

BlKnight
06-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Azrael was an idiot.

DarkHero2002
06-28-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr
i started playing around 1.39 or something
there was server list and stuff
and i played on paradox
then i moved to npulse and then to graal2001 when it came out
and then graal2002
now i dont play so much.. graal is boring :o

the big server list happend in 1.4

BeZeRkEr
06-28-2002, 08:20 PM
i said around
i dont remember

Admins
06-28-2002, 08:30 PM
Beside the fact that there was never something like Graal Gold (was more an idea),
that picture is from when I played it for the first time,
21th of December 1998. I did not have internet at home so I could not play it in the first 4 months of the DirectX version (could only upload stuff from the work).

juzi
06-28-2002, 08:33 PM
That image brings tears to my eyes... ;.;

Lyndzey
06-28-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Stefan
Beside the fact that there was never something like Graal Gold (was more an idea),
that picture is from when I played it for the first time,
21th of December 1998. I did not have internet at home so I could not play it in the first 4 months of the DirectX version (could only upload stuff from the work).

I remember something like Graal Gold that Pachuka and Azrael gave a reg code out to. I don't think it was ever released to the public, just to Demon Moon and a few other people, who then leaked it. It was the same thing as 1.1, except with Graal Gold you would be able to get weapons such as gold sword, lizard shield, and jolt bombs, something you couldn't get with the 1.1 client.

Stefan, do you have a link to that In Bed screenshot of me? It was in a thread but I lost the link to that.

DarkHero2002
06-28-2002, 10:22 PM
HA! so i guess i was right *starts to dance*

DarkHero2002
06-28-2002, 10:24 PM
doesnt that bring back old times

Brady2
06-29-2002, 02:18 AM
Remember when Graal was split in half between Baddies and Neo Knights?

Lyndzey
06-29-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Brady2
Remember when Graal was split in half between Baddies and Neo Knights?

I don't remember that, but I do remember a few other guilds that were high in numbers (I'm not saying good, just were popular)

RD-A Classic.
IZP-Another Classic.
DT-Dark Troopers, I still remember the secret Boba Fett password was "monkey"
GoH-I recall the leader walking around in 1.2, the one who's name started with a G.
KoV-Had the most members on Graal even though half of them were inactive. Remember the days gilga fish?
AoD-Was fun until nick and Mandi started fighting and it broke up :\.

Juron Pilo
06-29-2002, 07:55 AM
ahh the days of save files and handed out guild tags and thrown npc weapons...=D *almost cries*

MetallicKorin
06-29-2002, 02:10 PM
I started during 1.34. There was no server list. The only servers I played on was Classic until I messed around with something and found N-Pulse and Paradox. The only body on Graal was the normal body.png. First guild was Apollo but I never really joined, but then I joined ToD just because I wanted to know the "heartbeat-shield.gif" because it looked so amazing...I was like "Hey! How do I get a glowing thing on my hand!" the guy was named Meta and he recruited me into ToD. Then I saw someone with "drsmileysfire-shield.gif" and I was chasing him around trying to find out how to get fire on my hands instead of that newbie shield I had. Oh the good ol' newbie days. :asleep:

Lyndzey
06-29-2002, 11:17 PM
My first guild=PoH, as Queen
Our slogan-Join us and we will give you a free save and the reg code! The free save consists of 20 hearts, axe, red glove, and mirror shield!

I think the site might still be up...www.angelfire.com/de/poh