PDA

View Full Version : Why not....?

royce
06-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Why not a playerworld that the players can build themselves? No, I am not talking about playerworlds that players send their levels in. I mean a playing person actually buys tools and builds their own house starting with digging a hole, then putting in the footer, a little more steps, then finishing up with taping some roof tiles on the roof. Players could buy ladders so they could build huge walls, that are bigger than their bodies so they can reach up high, for a kingdom. They could also build their own inside levels as well! They chop their own wood from the forests and mine their own minerals and stone. This would be an awsome playerworld! Yes, it might take some time but just think, all you have to do is supply the overworld terrain, some scripting, some easy graphics, then poof! This would all be up to the players and be well worth it. No why doesnt anyone create a playerworld like this? With a decent tileset, a playerworld would be great with using this as its backbone!

DragonX2
06-25-2002, 01:24 PM
It can become chaos very easily.
What if some player just goes around (for the heck of it) and messes everyones levels up?

Torankusu
06-25-2002, 01:32 PM
hahaha.

royce
06-25-2002, 01:33 PM
:o Thats why graal was supplied with a sword. LoL, no. Well maybe you could get a little more deeper into the playerworld like create names of towns and flag out the land available for the cities/kingdoms or what have you. If there is some terrorist running around then slash his @$$. I'm serious, kick the crap out of him. This is like real life buddy, there were tons of people during the Dark Ages when small groups of people would try to take over kingdoms and such. It is up to the players to form a segregation and maintain it.

Torankusu
06-25-2002, 01:35 PM
you're raining on graal2003's parade, buddy. :o

royce
06-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
you're raining on graal2003's parade, buddy. :o
Say Wut?

Zolrieg
06-26-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by royce

Say Wut?

Wut. There, I said it. ;)

Cid_Night
06-26-2002, 06:16 AM
Wow sounds like an awesome idea, although it does resemble the plan for 2k3 (i think) it would just be awesome, it would be some ridiculous scripting, but get a few of the best scripters on graal workin together on it and it can be done im sure. In DD planning meetings we've come up with some ideas vaaaaaaguing towards this such as player made furniture and whatnor for playerhouses but certainly nothing to this extent. It could be done and it would be shitton of fun, i say somebody give it a shot.

Torankusu
06-26-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by royce

Say Wut? I mean, Stefan is likely to start a graal2003 / 2004 with this stuff.

Legondary_MyTH
06-26-2002, 06:43 AM
Just use flags so they have to like buy the land or sumthing then build on it

WHIPENIE4
06-26-2002, 07:54 AM
(X-Mann)
I really like the idea, just a lil difficult. and Myth, lol, u gotsmy head in your sig. :-)

konidias
06-26-2002, 09:37 AM
I already wanted to make something like this for Oasis... That is why I have been trying to get Stefan to add real time serverside tile editing. So that tiled houses can be built permanently on a level. I'm not using npcs for my entire house like 2k2 sadly.

Max-imus
06-26-2002, 09:46 AM
It sounds like a very cool concept, but it seems like it will be hard to make and you will have players messing each other's houses up... But good luck if you can figure out an efficent way to make this :)

royce
06-26-2002, 10:09 AM
LOL. I didnt know a thing about a Graal2003 at all. Sorry if anyone thought I was ripping their idea from them because I had no clue :confused: . This playerworld would have to be planned prior to everything. First off having some people make the tileset, while a few others get deep into thought about the descriptive stuff such as the land values, land taxes...all that stuff basically.
Someone, create a project like this, dont modify your current one, start out completely fresh!

ottoxero
06-26-2002, 10:15 AM
its nto as difficult as it is tiem consuming. my NAT tried it , for insides of houses. it worked fairly well. u stand and say what object u want in a predefined house space that would be baought. then move the cursor image aroudn and press D and drop lamps or beds or tables. but thats all so far. i dunno if he will ever finish it, too many tiles and such to put in. its a cool thought though.

royce
06-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Ha, Use this Idea with Project Earth, *****!