PDA

View Full Version : DL - Map Outline & Plans

Zolrieg
06-25-2002, 12:43 PM
Greetings, this is Kasuagi. Below you will find a completely level generated map for my server, Dragon Legacy (name pending). This is not the finished product, no sir. Think of the map as an outline, the map will undergo a lot of changes. There's 8 blank spaces, these will be filled with towns, villages, and cities later on in futher development stages. Post any positive comments you may have, thanks.

About the plans, this is how I plan on finishing the rest of the overworld and levels, and all that good stuff.

1. Build Kingdoms
2. Build Cities/Towns/Villages
3. Build Landforms
4. Build Structures/Areas
5. Build Inside Levels
6. Detail Overworld Levels
7. Build Quests
8. Insert NPC's
9. Test Levels/NPC's Online
10. Submit Server

In other news, I've received a fair amount of feedback from the site and lots of fun staff applications to go through. Keep them coming, I'll have them on stand by, until the time comes and I need help with levels. The site is up and running, even though it hasn't been updated in awhile. I've been busy, I guess. Anyways, if you wanna check it out, you can visit the official Dragon Legacy Online (http://kasuagi.netfirms.com/) site.

DragonX2
06-25-2002, 12:53 PM
The map is very nice :)
Keep up the good work, you seem very organized, I look forward to seeing your server online someday :)

Zolrieg
06-26-2002, 06:38 AM
Question, would it be illegal to use this tileset to build your server with? It combines some of the old and new tiles, to give Graal a smashing, old, but new and improved look!

Zakur posted the tileset in a thread, not too long ago.

MilkyWay0016
06-26-2002, 06:44 AM
The server is looking great!

konidias
06-26-2002, 09:48 AM
The map looks cluttered... Is there a point to the wildly insane landscaping?

Zolrieg
06-26-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by konidias
The map looks cluttered... Is there a point to the wildly insane landscaping?

I plan on inserting quests, towns, houses, and other structures into the land. It's better to do it now, than later. It's only level generated, I'll add more detail when I start editting the levels one by one.

CyberX
06-27-2002, 12:05 AM
The map is awesome!
I hope you get to detail all the levels, like you said you're going to... ;) Because I know, how hard is to detail every single level, you can't lose the patience...