PDA

View Full Version : RP Development: Look here if you're interested in joining.

freddyfox
06-23-2002, 06:36 AM
First off, I'm looking for GOOD level makers, GOOD graphic makers, and GOOD scripters. Make sure your scripts/levels/graphics could pass at Harvard if they had a level/scripts department.

To pass and have a chance of getting on the RP development team, you will have to pass this test. Send the answers to these to [email protected] so I can look at them.

1)For Level Designers: Create a level that has a lake at the bottom, a path coming in from the left, then going upwards and leading into a cave. The cave should be going inside a small cliff. At the top of the cliff, there should be a mix of red and green trees. To the far left, a pathway leading up to the top of the cliff. The pathway should be next to a river, which is falling down the cliffside and spilling into the lake.

2)For Scripters: Script for me a complex thinking baddy. What I want is an opponent that's tough to beat for the player. Or: Script for me a lifelike deer NPC. The deer should walk around and do things such as drink when it finds a lake, and stop occasionally to eat grass. If you have no mad graphics skills, you can use the horse graphics from the levels/horses folder.

3)For Graphic Artists: Draw graphics for a deer NPC. The deer should have the common movements, such as walking/running, bending down and eating grass, drinking water, etc. OR: Draw graphics for a big dragon baddy. Make sure the graphics fit into the general graal enviroment.

4)Tell me why you think you should be in RP Development.

5)How good are your PR? (Personal Relations)

6)In 100 words, tell me why the Go-Bots are inferior to the Transformers.

7)Send me a small 1-4 paragraph short RP history of yourself. I need some competant RPers on the team. They don't have to be epics, I just need to evaluate your general ability to understand the mind of an RPer.

8)Please disclose the location of the three warp whistles in Super Mario 3.

Oh, and the graphics have to be in .png format. Good luck, and I hope to see you on the team.

-Vermain

Poogle
06-23-2002, 06:38 AM
we need rp

DragonX2
06-23-2002, 06:40 AM
I hope you are joking on some of those questions :p :D

stefan76
06-23-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

:cool:

VampiricTutorNewHD
06-23-2002, 06:56 AM
The warp whistles are in the castle in level 1, the place to the right in the sand, and the other is level 6.

mhermher
06-23-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by VampiricTutorNewHD
The warp whistles are in the castle in level 1, the place to the right in the sand, and the other is level 6.
archaon:
Nope, level 5.

VampiricTutorNewHD
06-23-2002, 07:01 AM
Oh right, the 2nd whistle only goes to level 6 x.x that's why I thought that.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
06-23-2002, 07:12 AM
In my opinion, I think that Graal 2001 will be turning into an almost fully oriented RP server which is a great thing. If you think about it, there hasn't been many general updates to Graal 2001, but plenty to kingdoms, which has caused numbers to spike.

cshank4
06-23-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
In my opinion, I think that Graal 2001 will be turning into an almost fully oriented RP server which is a great thing. If you think about it, there hasn't been many general updates to Graal 2001, but plenty to kingdoms, which has caused numbers to spike.
Whered captain obviouse go? Ya and sadly I have to agree with you...

Brad
06-23-2002, 08:50 AM
Borstelmann finished Dustari township library and is almost done with mayors home/office.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
06-23-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by cshank4

Whered captain obviouse go? Ya and sadly I have to agree with you...
Read my avatar
I KILLED HIM! :eek:

Almost after a year as my sig, I think it was time for him to go

TrueHeaT
06-23-2002, 09:35 AM
yes

Torankusu
06-23-2002, 10:00 AM

1)[b]For Level Designers: Create a level that has a lake at the bottom, a path coming in from the left, then going upwards and leading into a cave. The cave should be going inside a small cliff. At the top of the cliff, there should be a mix of red and green trees. To the far left, a pathway leading up to the top of the cliff. The pathway should be next to a river, which is falling down the cliffside and spilling into the lake.

[B]:O!
I have one of those levels on my hard drive...

but i am busy.

sorry.

feivel
06-23-2002, 10:03 AM
Uhhh are the level makers to make me levels,
because if they are i wouldnt mind having a giant shogunate reaching into the sky complete with statues of me everywhere :P

magicbud3344
06-23-2002, 10:45 AM

Read my avatar
I KILLED HIM! :eek:

Almost after a year as my sig, I think it was time for him to go

YOU BASTARD :*( anyways i can never find the last warp key thanks guys, and the damn go-bots need a slap in the face for transformers are robots in disguise and could rule the go-bots and any moment >:O and role playing kicks arse and your ideas about this lake with the dragon deer make my say WOW i wanna go to the lake with the dragon deer and swim with teh dragon deer and go in the cave and find lizard peopel and run away with the dragon deer ect...

Pir
06-24-2002, 03:45 AM
sounds cool.

wasn't the deer thing on the New World tryout thingy?

freddyfox
06-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Pir
wasn't the deer thing on the New World tryout thingy?

Yeah, it was the only thing that popped into my head at the moment. And it's a good trial in all actuality.

Graal518
06-24-2002, 01:20 PM
I probably can't help, but I do know where the three warp whistles are in Super Mario Bros 3.

adam
06-24-2002, 10:05 PM

Yeah, it was the only thing that popped into my head at the moment. And it's a good trial in all actuality.

:( Sadly I am not very good at baddies or living creatures. Bah Me must [email protected]#

screen_name
06-24-2002, 11:05 PM
other wistle is in world 2, far right

draygin
06-24-2002, 11:29 PM
I'd try out but I dont want to waste my time like I did last time making levels for nothing.

DragonBladesX_P2P
06-25-2002, 11:59 AM
I kid-napped Captain Obvious!!!

Cid_Night
06-28-2002, 06:20 AM
oh wow id love to try out and i think it'd be alot of fun...but i dont really player 2k1, and i have a job at DD (although i still would have plenty of time) is it still ok to tryout with these drawbacks?

Artificial_Sweetener
06-29-2002, 02:47 AM
I really doubt your going to find EXPERT level/gfx/npc designers.. It's best to find those with the potential and help them get better.
That is the best way to go.. You could find a lot of Enthusiasts that way :)

Artificial_Sweetener
06-29-2002, 03:00 AM
Also.. What if your good at two things? Could I apply for both?

freddyfox
06-29-2002, 03:22 AM
Yes, you can try out for as many sections as you like, you just have to be GOOD at them.

Falcor
06-29-2002, 06:03 AM
I think you are demanding too much of scripters time for a simple application. Im not taking up that much time to make a whole AI for you, that and the fact that I already work on some servers is tunring me away. You probably won't find many skilled scripters =\ and even if you do they might not take the time to do such a project.

ZanderX
06-29-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Falcor
I think you are demanding too much of scripters time for a simple application. Im not taking up that much time to make a whole AI for you, that and the fact that I already work on some servers is tunring me away. You probably won't find many skilled scripters =\ and even if you do they might not take the time to do such a project.

If you don't get great scripters, who's going to script the madly difficult bosses at the end of quests?

Ouch. ;)

freddyfox
06-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Im not taking up that much time to make a whole AI for you, that and the fact that I already work on some servers is tunring me away.

Okay, that's great.

I'm not looking for a l33t weather system or whatever, I'm looking for people who can make new and interesting baddies for the quests and dungeons that'll be developed. If you want to make l33t weather systems or a new minigame, talk to Kamuii about it, that isn't my thing.

Frolic_RC2
07-01-2002, 06:52 AM

Okay, that's great.

I'm not looking for a l33t weather system or whatever, I'm looking for people who can make new and interesting baddies for the quests and dungeons that'll be developed. If you want to make l33t weather systems or a new minigame, talk to Kamuii about it, that isn't my thing.
Wtf are you talking about? Weather systems are easy, what you are asking for in the application can be some of the most difficult stuff if you make it good. No need to freakin insult Falados just because hes being honest, I for one agree with him. Everyone with any skill is taken.

freddyfox
07-01-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Frolic_RC2

Wtf are you talking about? Weather systems are easy, what you are asking for in the application can be some of the most difficult stuff if you make it good.

It's not hard to make an intelligent baddy. If you can make it run up and kill you with a limited degree of intelligence then that's cool, I'll hire you.

And I do not believe I insulted him. I simply stated I was not looking for weather systems in development of things such as dungeons etc., I was looking for baddies which is why I included that there and not "Make a weather system." (If it came out in an insulting manner, apologies.)

HVOstroHS
07-02-2002, 10:22 PM
"Write a complete walkthrough for the entire Final Fantasy series as well as a 30 page thesis on the reason Mario and the Princess never reproduced."

Dark-Dragoon
07-03-2002, 07:03 AM
Easy,shes not,How do you think those toad kids got out?Both Mario and peach have a disturbed gene cell in their 23 pair,and this makes them unable to have normal kids.Those toads are all little freaks that were supposed to be human...apparently they turned into anything they were smoking....at least they weren't smoking roaches....right?

cloudstrifevii
07-06-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Graal518
I probably can't help, but I do know where the three warp whistles are in Super Mario Bros 3.
I can make ok levels and im an ok scripter AND I KNOW WHERE THE WARP WHISTLES ARE IN MARIO MUHAWHAWHAW

nyghtGT
07-07-2002, 01:28 PM
ScottyWolf: I finished that level like, and in 2 hours -_-" (download graal to make the level ;p) tomorrow i will answer the questions after I find my nintendo. ALSO... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO KILL THAT DARN SUN THAT ATTACKS YOU IN MARIO 3?

adam
07-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
ScottyWolf: I finished that level like, and in 2 hours -_-" (download graal to make the level ;p) tomorrow i will answer the questions after I find my nintendo. ALSO... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO KILL THAT DARN SUN THAT ATTACKS YOU IN MARIO 3?

Just jump over it man.

Spanko
07-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Asuka:

Weather systems easy? haha thats funny.

Falcor
07-09-2002, 12:48 AM
I still don't see why an AI is essencial to your RolePlay. You've seem to have done most of this stuff w/o them, blowing up kingdoms and whatnot. And I didn't make a weather system for 2k2. I was making a global climate and natural disaster system for your information. you make me glad I took it when I left.

freddyfox
07-09-2002, 01:12 AM
I still don't see why an AI is essencial to your RolePlay. You've seem to have done most of this stuff w/o them, blowing up kingdoms and whatnot.

It's because mainly in RP Development, I'm going to be needing dungeons, and dungeons need baddies. If you have something that's equally stunning as an intelligent baddy, I will accept it.

draygin
07-09-2002, 01:45 AM

It's because mainly in RP Development, I'm going to be needing dungeons, and dungeons need baddies. If you have something that's equally stunning as an intelligent baddy, I will accept it.

Why not just use Stefan's baddies? They act semi intelligent.

freddyfox
07-09-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by draygin

Why not just use Stefan's baddies? They act semi intelligent.

They are good, but I'm also looking for big baddies to fight that have more powers then just bumping into you.

draygin
07-09-2002, 01:57 AM

They are good, but I'm also looking for big baddies to fight that have more powers then just bumping into you.

Ahh might want to specify that then. Most people think of normal size baddies when you say that.

magicbud3344
07-10-2002, 10:58 PM
beleave it or not i tried out :D!
only bad thing is that in the first e-mail i sent Vermain i forgot the levels X_X so Vermain if your wondering open my second e-mail sorry X_X

Artificial_Sweetener
07-11-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
beleave it or not i tried out :D!
only bad thing is that in the first e-mail i sent Vermain i forgot the levels X_X so Vermain if your wondering open my second e-mail sorry X_X
:: falls over and laughs harder than he has before ::
I bet the level would look like this..

archaonTCN
07-11-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Artificial_Sweetener

:: falls over and laughs harder than he has before ::
I bet the level would look like this..
Shut up.

Amagius
07-11-2002, 02:44 AM
You might be suprised, but it looks a hell lot better than you think he can make. He put alot of time into it and it shows.

Waltz5
07-11-2002, 03:17 AM
Yes, It doesn't look all that bad, once he learns how to tile better, like the cliffs, he'll do good.

And you might think your funny, but your not...

"Let's make fun of someone for trying! ROFLEZ, I am l33t.."

I think archaonTCN put it best with the "shut up."

Amagius
07-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Vermain! Your over your storage limit!

freddyfox
07-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Amagius
Vermain! Your over your storage limit!

Yeah, I'm getting bombarded with LAT applications.

Amagius
07-11-2002, 02:00 PM

Yeah, I'm getting bombarded with LAT applications.

Yea. I'm trying for NPC and Level Making. I hope you don't care if I ad one more Lat Tryout :D.

Kaimetsu
07-11-2002, 08:52 PM
8)Please disclose the location of the three warp whistles in Super Mario 3.Grim Squeaker:

Stage 1-3, there's a platform there you can crouch through, giving a warp whistle when you walk through the end of the stage (You'll disappear behind the scenery).
Stage 1-Fortress, after crossing the lava pit, fly up the ceiling there, then keep going to the right, until you stop then press up.
Stage 2-Map, Upper Right corner, you can go there by using a hammer, there's a hammer brother there who gives you a warp whistle when defeated.

Do I get a prize now?

AlexH
07-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Grim Squeaker:

Stage 1-3, there's a platform there you can crouch through, giving a warp whistle when you walk through the end of the stage (You'll disappear behind the scenery).
Stage 1-Fortress, after crossing the lava pit, fly up the ceiling there, then keep going to the right, until you stop then press up.
Stage 2-Map, Upper Right corner, you can go there by using a hammer, there's a hammer brother there who gives you a warp whistle when defeated.

Do I get a prize now?

You can have this crumpet.
Krakken gave me it earlier but it's a little dry for my liking.

Fidel Castro
07-11-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by AlexH

You can have this crumpet.
Krakken gave me it earlier but it's a little dry for my liking. this morning my mum gave me crumpets for my breakfast

Brad
07-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Fidel Castro
this morning my mum gave me crumpets for my breakfast

CRAG

YOU SAID YOU WAS 18 AND IN COLLEGE

LIEZ

Faheria_LAT3
07-14-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Brad

CRAG

YOU SAID YOU WAS 18 AND IN COLLEGE

LIEZ
mmmmkay: Summer. ;)

Brad
07-14-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT3

mmmmkay: Summer. ;)

oshit

*crawls back into hole*

Hiyoshi
07-16-2002, 01:26 AM
First off, I'm looking for GOOD level makers, GOOD graphic makers, and GOOD scripters. Make sure your scripts/levels/graphics could pass at Harvard if they had a level/scripts department.

To pass and have a chance of getting on the RP development team, you will have to pass this test. Send the answers to these to [email protected] so I can look at them.

1)For Level Designers: Create a level that has a lake at the bottom, a path coming in from the left, then going upwards and leading into a cave. The cave should be going inside a small cliff. At the top of the cliff, there should be a mix of red and green trees. To the far left, a pathway leading up to the top of the cliff. The pathway should be next to a river, which is falling down the cliffside and spilling into the lake.

2)For Scripters: Script for me a complex thinking baddy. What I want is an opponent that's tough to beat for the player. Or: Script for me a lifelike deer NPC. The deer should walk around and do things such as drink when it finds a lake, and stop occasionally to eat grass. If you have no mad graphics skills, you can use the horse graphics from the levels/horses folder.

3)For Graphic Artists: Draw graphics for a deer NPC. The deer should have the common movements, such as walking/running, bending down and eating grass, drinking water, etc. OR: Draw graphics for a big dragon baddy. Make sure the graphics fit into the general graal enviroment.

4)Tell me why you think you should be in RP Development.

5)How good are your PR? (Personal Relations)

7)Send me a small 1-4 paragraph short RP history of yourself. I need some competant RPers on the team. They don't have to be epics, I just need to evaluate your general ability to understand the mind of an RPer.

Oh, and the graphics have to be in .png format. Good luck, and I hope to see you on the team.

-Vermain

There are 4 warp whistles I believe :)

Torankusu
07-16-2002, 02:24 PM
I remember three.

Amagius
07-16-2002, 02:35 PM
Ya, there were only 3. One to get you to 4, 7, and last, I believe.

magicbud3344
07-16-2002, 02:37 PM
whats the point of getting a warp whistle in the last level? does it take you back to the first level?

Amagius
07-16-2002, 02:44 PM
whats the point of getting a warp whistle in the last level? does it take you back to the first level?

You don't use a Warp Whistle at the end. You use one to get there.

magicbud3344
07-16-2002, 02:48 PM
well scuse me :*( it's been a while ;)

Amagius
07-16-2002, 02:52 PM
While we're on it, if Mario is a Plumber from Brooklyn, then how does he meet Princess Peach? How does he reach the Mushroom Kingdom? Why is Kirby from PopStar? Considering Kirby doesn't look like a Star or Pop-Tart it's quite confusing.

magicbud3344
07-16-2002, 03:55 PM
indeed

Amagius
07-16-2002, 03:58 PM
Yo Vanilla! Kick it one time BBBOOOOOYYY!Ice Ice Baby! Stop! Let's Collatborate and Listen!

draygin
07-16-2002, 09:45 PM
While we're on it, if Mario is a Plumber from Brooklyn, then how does he meet Princess Peach? How does he reach the Mushroom Kingdom? Why is Kirby from PopStar? Considering Kirby doesn't look like a Star or Pop-Tart it's quite confusing.

They used to have a Mario cartoon show once. He fell down some big pipe and ended up in that place cant remember what they called it though.

Amagius
07-16-2002, 11:07 PM

They used to have a Mario cartoon show once. He fell down some big pipe and ended up in that place cant remember what they called it though.

I used to watch that but I only remember the beginning of every show. None of the content.

ghostsamurai
07-16-2002, 11:32 PM

Neo:

They has a Captain N (I think that was his name) TV show that had those Zelda cartoons on it once every few episodes. :) I was about 3 when those were on, so I do not remember them very well. :( I used to have one of those Mario episodes on movie one time, though. :)

THEY WERE IN HIS HOUSE AND WENT INTO A PIPE AND WENT INTO THE DESERT AND BOWSER (KING KOOPA) HAD HER ON A FLYING CARPET AND TOAD NEEDED TO SAVE HERE SO MARIO AND LUIGI WENT ON A FAKE CARPET RIDE ACROSS THE STUDIO TO SAVE HER!

Brad
07-16-2002, 11:33 PM
I used to always watch the Mario cartoon. I also always watched the Sonic Cartoon :cool:

ghostsamurai
07-16-2002, 11:37 PM

Neo:

It tells in the Super Mario Bros. 3 guide/handbook/manual. :( I don't know if I still have it. Let me look.

:( Can't find it... I do have my Zelda: A Link to the Past map, still. :D It shows a map of Hyrule and the first three dungeons. :) I'm missing the lower right corner and the whole left column. :( 5 out of 9 sections on it. :x

magicbud3344
07-17-2002, 05:24 AM
i remember 2 fat italian guys then they would go down the pipe and it would be a cartoon, also they had comic books :D

Kaimetsu
07-17-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by ghostsamurai

Neo:

They has a Captain N (I think that was his name) TV show that had those Zelda cartoons on it once every few episodes. :) I was about 3 when those were on, so I do not remember them very well. :( I used to have one of those Mario episodes on movie one time, though. :)

THEY WERE IN HIS HOUSE AND WENT INTO A PIPE AND WENT INTO THE DESERT AND BOWSER (KING KOOPA) HAD HER ON A FLYING CARPET AND TOAD NEEDED TO SAVE HERE SO MARIO AND LUIGI WENT ON A FAKE CARPET RIDE ACROSS THE STUDIO TO SAVE HER! Grim Squeaker:

Hah, I remember that show. If I dig through the "Anciente video archives offe olde" I might even find every single one of them, but 'm too lazy to do that. (Though I guess not feeling like sorting through roughly 200 unnamed video tapes is stretching the meaning of the word lazy a little)

stefan76
07-17-2002, 12:11 PM
I just got hired :D :cool: !

What should I do now Verman? hehe

magicbud3344
07-17-2002, 01:41 PM
way 2 go Lamer :D!

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
07-17-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by stefan76
I just got hired :D :cool: !

What should I do now Verman? hehe
Congrats :)
Now put about 10 of these deer scripts you made online, and we'll all go hunting for food. That would be the best RP ever!

Faheria_LAT3
07-17-2002, 03:52 PM
mmmmkay: I didn't get hired because I do not RP, but I think making levels for RP events is often cooler than anything else.

stefan76
07-18-2002, 08:50 AM

Congrats :)
Now put about 10 of these deer scripts you made online, and we'll all go hunting for food. That would be the best RP ever!

i'm a level maker not npc scripter ;(
no deer to hunt. :cool:

RichKevin
07-18-2002, 10:30 AM
vermain wont even open my submission because he thinks theres a virus in a .nw file =(

stefan76
07-18-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by RichKevin
vermain wont even open my submission because he thinks theres a virus in a .nw file =(

maybe because your supposed to send it in .zip?
.nw just opens a weird txt file. (when sent through email)

Beachbum
07-18-2002, 06:01 PM

YOU BASTARD :*( anyways i can never find the last warp key thanks guys, and the damn go-bots need a slap in the face for transformers are robots in disguise and could rule the go-bots and any moment >:O and role playing kicks arse and your ideas about this lake with the dragon deer make my say WOW i wanna go to the lake with the dragon deer and swim with teh dragon deer and go in the cave and find lizard peopel and run away with the dragon deer ect...

Evan:
Right...

magicbud3344
07-20-2002, 06:44 AM
from what i heard there will be no more RP Dev LATs Hired :(

stefan76
07-20-2002, 12:28 PM
from what i heard there will be no more RP Dev LATs Hired :(

Vermain is still in shock from seeing my level ;)

magicbud3344
07-21-2002, 10:00 AM
will you show meh i wanna see :O
AIM is at the bottom :)

thrashsoul
07-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Once 2002 every one will forget about 2k1
;)

warp2ukew
07-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by DragonBladesX_P2P
I kid-napped Captain Obvious!!!